Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Robin S not remembering custom settings
474 5 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goldenllamaproductions
lvl.2
France

I was very disappointed today when I booted up my Robin S and none of the custom settings i had set were working. In fact the settings were acting so weird I don’t know what’s going on. It definitely wasn’t even the factory settings. I’m running the latest firmware too.

Am I screwed and the half of day I spent customizing this thing is lost? This is really unfortunate if I can’t rely on being able to boot it up and have it ready to go.

It’s been sitting unused for a few weeks since I customized it so I have no idea what could have happened. Any advice is welcome
2018-11-20
Use props
goldenllamaproductions
lvl.2
France

I forgot to mention, it was a few degrees above freezing today. Would that make the settings act crazy? They were really bizar. Like super unresponsive on pan movements. Extremely sluggish for settings 1 and 2. Only 3 worked relatively normal.
2018-11-20
Use props
goldenllamaproductions
lvl.2
France

Ok now I’m seeing I might not have the absolute latest firmware. I have the latest from maybe 2-3 weeks ago. but this shouldn’t mean my settings shouldn’t work. I’m not traveling with a laptop and can’t update now.
2018-11-20
Use props
goldenllamaproductions
lvl.2
France

goldenllamaproductions Posted at 11-20 06:03
Ok now I’m seeing I might not have the absolute latest firmware. I have the latest from maybe 2-3 weeks ago. but this shouldn’t mean my settings shouldn’t work. I’m not traveling with a laptop and can’t update now.

Ok. I figured it out. The firmware update completely deleted my settings and has drastically changed the default settings to something new. DJI - you HAVE to find a way to preserve our custom settings after a firmware update! This is nuts! We spend hours tweaking the settings to our preference. By the way the new defaults are abysmal! This is a horrindous step backwards. So so frustrating!! Waiting for reviews of the new Zhiyun. Maybe I jumped on board for the next gen gimbals too fast... still no Sony pull focus... customization is a trainwreck (if in fact we can’t save our settings after an update)... it’s as heavy as can be... so bummed right now.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

goldenllamaproductions Posted at 11-20 09:47
Ok. I figured it out. The firmware update completely deleted my settings and has drastically changed the default settings to something new. DJI - you HAVE to find a way to preserve our custom settings after a firmware update! This is nuts! We spend hours tweaking the settings to our preference. By the way the new defaults are abysmal! This is a horrindous step backwards. So so frustrating!! Waiting for reviews of the new Zhiyun. Maybe I jumped on board for the next gen gimbals too fast... still no Sony pull focus... customization is a trainwreck (if in fact we can’t save our settings after an update)... it’s as heavy as can be... so bummed right now.

Hi there, yes, the firmware update may reset various profile settings, the customized settings cannot be exported and imported after the firmware upgrade, your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi goldenllamaproductions, I have verified with our engineers, if you update the firmware from V1.5.0.40 to V1.6.0.50, the profile settings will not be reset, but the previous version may reset the profile since the default settings are updated. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules