942 5 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oracle008
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4744 ft
United States

Newbie question...
In beginners mode, as i understand there's a max altitude(98ft).
If I set my RTH Altitude to let's say 200FT, will it follow the 200FT even in beginners mode? Will the set RTH Alititude override the beginners mode limitation?

Thank you.

2018-11-20
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Can you go far enough in beginner mode for RTH to activate? You have to be so far away from the homepoint for RTH to work and I beleive beginner mode keeps you withing that distance so it would probably just land (whtout ascending) where it is.. I could be wrong though since I can't remember what the max distance allowed is in beginner mode.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If your drone is under beginner mode, then the distance and height will be limited causing the drone not to reach the preferred RTH settings although we set it higher than beginner mode. I would recommend setting the RTH altitude higher than any objects below when flying in a specific location to avoid the incident. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

98 ft will be your maximum, so try to insure no obstacles higher than this, to get familiar with RTH try it once your outside 20 metres from home hit the button see how it works, you can cancel at anytime just hit the X button and confirm you want to cancel, you will find it very easy and quick to go from beginner mode to normal modes but first couple of flights it will help.
Good Luck.
2018-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's fenced at 30m in beginner mode in all directions and you will not be able to take off until there is a GPS lock and home point recorded on the map.
2018-11-20
Use props
Oracle008
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4744 ft
United States

Thank you all. I'm planning to do my first flight after the thanksgiving week. right i'm trying to learn all i need to know.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules