Solution to iPhone 6 app Freeze!
10952 37 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
inetflash
Second Officer
Netherlands

Dear Everyone,

I think everyone will like this post who have/had problem with the Tello App on iPhone 6! After vigorous testing and talking with RYZE support online, the solution is the NEXT!

1. Delete the Tello app (unload the Tello app so your photos and videos will remain intact or else just export all media you need from the TELLO App).

2. Hard Reset the TELLO! (Turn the TELLO on until its flashing yellow rapidly, then press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds).

3. Reinstall the TELLO app to your iPhone 6.

4. Turn off WiFi on your iPhone 6.

5. Turn off "Location Services"

6. Run the TELLO App on your iPhone 6 and wait the prompt from the App to connect TELLO.

7. Connect to the default TELLO-XXXXXX WiFi.

8. Return to the TELLO App.

Done!

WARNING! Do not change the default WiFi settings on your Tello!!! GameSir T1d works well with the Tello, it is not the culprit on the App freeze!

2018-11-20
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Great, nice to know the drone performs as expected after vigorous testing of the above steps, and we appreciate your kindness to share them with us. Happy droning! 
2018-11-20
Use props
inetflash
Second Officer
Netherlands

RYZE Posted at 11-20 21:06
Great, nice to know the drone performs as expected after vigorous testing of the above steps, and we appreciate your kindness to share them with us. Happy droning! 

Dear RYZE,

Is it possible that RYZE going to solve this problems? (Video frame drop, App crash, WiFi change).
2018-11-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great information thanks for sharing
2018-11-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Btw welcome to the forum inetflash!
2018-11-21
Use props
inetflash
Second Officer
Netherlands

Thanks!

Is it working for you? I mean the solution what i posted.
2018-11-22
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Malaysia

Its not working for me. After everytime run the 360 flight mode sure App freeze...
2018-11-23
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

inetflash Posted at 11-21 01:33
Dear RYZE,

Is it possible that RYZE going to solve this problems? (Video frame drop, App crash, WiFi change).

Good day inetflash.  WIFI SSID can be changed but 5G wireless network is not available. In regard to video frame drop and APP crash, may I know the model number of your mobile device? How about enabling flight mode and fly in are with less interference?  If persists, could you please show us a video for further analysis?
2018-11-26
Use props
BEEGNAZ
lvl.2

South Africa

Bullcrap. It doesnt work. I tried it. There is no shortcut. Ryze needs to do some serious debugging on the app and get out a working app. Its frustrating to fly without being able to record. Its a bug that is affecting a huge amount of ios users
2018-11-26
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

Malaysia

As i posted earlier i am having this app freeze still and Ryze not even bother to read and reply. Frustrated to fly the tello and have to restart the app to be able to have control back. Previous update of the app i have no issues. Im using IOS as well
2018-11-27
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Cepheroh Posted at 11-27 00:56
As i posted earlier i am having this app freeze still and Ryze not even bother to read and reply. Frustrated to fly the tello and have to restart the app to be able to have control back. Previous update of the app i have no issues. Im using IOS as well

Dear Cepheroh, sincerely sorry for unable to reply you in time. If the firmware version of your Tello drone is the latest one, you can tell us your device model, iOS version, app version, and the aircraft firmware version. This issue should be fixed in the next firmware version. If you have a compatible Android device, please use it for the time being. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
2018-11-27
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

Malaysia

RYZE Posted at 11-27 18:04
Dear Cepheroh, sincerely sorry for unable to reply you in time. If the firmware version of your Tello drone is the latest one, you can tell us your device model, iOS version, app version, and the aircraft firmware version. This issue should be fixed in the next firmware version. If you have a compatible Android device, please use it for the time being. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

Dear Ryze thank you for your respond. I am using I phone 6 plus, IOS 12.0.1, device and app version the latest version. Hope this fix you will include in your next version update.
2018-11-27
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Cepheroh Posted at 11-27 20:25
Dear Ryze thank you for your respond. I am using I phone 6 plus, IOS 12.0.1, device and app version the latest version. Hope this fix you will include in your next version update.

Thank you for your prompt reply and valuable info Cepheroh,I’ve escalated your info to the designated department,thanks for your help.
2018-11-27
Use props
fans41cbeda2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RYZE Posted at 11-27 22:16
Thank you for your prompt reply and valuable info Cepheroh,I’ve escalated your info to the designated department,thanks for your help.

Same configuration here except for Iphone 8. Same problem with App freeze.
2018-11-29
Use props
djiuser_Wv9ivfKIE8mI
New

France

RYZE Posted at 11-27 22:16

I’ve got the same issue on iPhone 8 Plus. Every time I record it just crashes the app. Loss of control of the drone and the video just doesn’t save. Quite disappointing
2018-11-29
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

djiuser_Wv9ivfKIE8mI Posted at 11-29 03:16
I’ve got the same issue on iPhone 8 Plus. Every time I record it just crashes the app. Loss of control of the drone and the video just doesn’t save. Quite disappointing

Same here with 6S Plus on iOS 12.1
2018-12-3
Use props
inetflash
Second Officer
Netherlands

BumblerBee Posted at 12-3 03:25
Same here with 6S Plus on iOS 12.1

Turn the location services off and the app wont crash!
2018-12-11
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

inetflash Posted at 12-11 01:22
Turn the location services off and the app wont crash!

I tried that - still freezing up.

I'd like Ryze to fix this - of the multitude of video and photo recording apps on my phone, including DJI Go 4, Tello's is the only one behaving like this!

2018-12-11
Use props
nickjamis
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem with my iPhone 7. Any attempt to record video and the app freezes at the end of the recording. I've set Location Services to 'Never' for the Tello App but it still froze. It's necessary to shutdown the App on the iPhone and restart it to regain control of my Tello. Completely disabling Location Services resolves the issue. Looking forward to the fix hopefully in the next App update.
2018-12-12
Use props
inetflash
Second Officer
Netherlands

nickjamis Posted at 12-12 08:30
I have the same problem with my iPhone 7. Any attempt to record video and the app freezes at the end of the recording. I've set Location Services to 'Never' for the Tello App but it still froze. It's necessary to shutdown the App on the iPhone and restart it to regain control of my Tello. Completely disabling Location Services resolves the issue. Looking forward to the fix hopefully in the next App update.

The next update is out! It's stabilized the app and now you can name your SSID on your Tello to whatever you want and ofc with any password you want! Thank you RYZE!
2018-12-13
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

inetflash Posted at 12-13 02:35
The next update is out! It's stabilized the app and now you can name your SSID on your Tello to whatever you want and ofc with any password you want! Thank you RYZE!

Appreciate your update and positive feedback, we are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great, enjoy it and hope you have a good time on flying.
2018-12-13
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

nickjamis Posted at 12-12 08:30
I have the same problem with my iPhone 7. Any attempt to record video and the app freezes at the end of the recording. I've set Location Services to 'Never' for the Tello App but it still froze. It's necessary to shutdown the App on the iPhone and restart it to regain control of my Tello. Completely disabling Location Services resolves the issue. Looking forward to the fix hopefully in the next App update.

Sorry for this unpleasant experience. We care about your case and please do feel to let us know if it would be solved after upgrading to the new firmware version. Have a great day ahead.
2018-12-13
Use props
fans41cbeda2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

inetflash Posted at 12-13 02:35
The next update is out! It's stabilized the app and now you can name your SSID on your Tello to whatever you want and ofc with any password you want! Thank you RYZE!

What update do you refer to and where to find it? Do you refer to an App or to a firmware update?
2018-12-14
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

Malaysia

RYZE Posted at 12-13 19:03
Sorry for this unpleasant experience. We care about your case and please do feel to let us know if it would be solved after upgrading to the new firmware version. Have a great day ahead.

No use. Updated firmware yesterday and tried take video. The app still freeze after the video stop
2018-12-14
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

Malaysia

fans41cbeda2 Posted at 12-14 02:19
What update do you refer to and where to find it? Do you refer to an App or to a firmware update?

Its firmware update version - 1.04.78.01
2018-12-14
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

I've posted it before - the porblem lies with the Tello iOS app, not with the drone firmware.
Disabling the location services (both for the app and completely on the phone) did not solve the problem - the app still freezez upon ending of the videorecording sequence.

RYZE, when are you going to fix this issue?
2018-12-20
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

Malaysia

BumblerBee Posted at 12-20 04:43
I've posted it before - the porblem lies with the Tello iOS app, not with the drone firmware.
Disabling the location services (both for the app and completely on the phone) did not solve the problem - the app still freezez upon ending of the videorecording sequence.

New tello app available to download for IOS. Is the problem still persist after new updates?
2018-12-29
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

so complicating but smart
2019-1-1
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-12-20 04:43
Disabling the location services (both for the app and completely on the phone) did not solve the problem - the app still freezez upon ending of the videorecording sequence.

Sincerely sorry for unable to reply you in time. As #27 suggested, does it persist after installing the latest IOS app version?  
2019-1-1
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

Singapore

For me I have turned back on location service and tested the new IOS Tello App and so far so good no App Freeze for now. Well done Ryze for the fix. Thanks for always taking our concern into consideration.
2019-1-2
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

Yes! After the latest update, there were no freezes for me, either.
2019-1-4
Use props
BillieLourd
lvl.1

United States

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes.
2. Follow this http://download.recovery-tool.com/tools/fix-recovery.exe
3. While your device is connected, force it to restart.
4. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
5. Update your iOS system and app
2019-3-28
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.3

United States

There are 6 solutions shared here for you to fix iPhone keeps freezing and you can choose whichever suitable to help you.
However, if you want to get a surefire way to repair your iOS system issues all the time, an iOS system repair is a good choice.
It causes no data loss during the whole repair process and makes it possible to freely exit recovery mode with just one click.
2019-6-30
Use props
Ezreal
lvl.2

United States

Thank you sharing this solution!
2019-7-15
Use props
Wlee2060
lvl.2

China

When your iPhone 6 app freezes, you often have three easy methods to fix it.
1. Force restart your device. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time for about 10 seconds. Let both the 2 buttons go if your device vibrates and displays the Apple logo.
2. Restore iPhone with iTunes. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. Select your iPhone under the Devices icon, and then go to the  Summary > Restore iPhone... option. Confirm it again to let iTunes restore your device. This method will cause your data loss, so you'd better make a backup before using it.
3. Fix iPhone app freezes with a professional iOS recovery tool. Connect your iPhone to the computer, launch the program and choose the Standard Mode. Download the firmware package and start to fix your iOS issue. This method will not cause any data loss while fixing your system problem.
Hope the tips can help you.
2019-12-25
Use props
chmil888
New

Ukraine

BillieLourd Posted at 2019-3-28 07:11
1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes.
2. Follow this http://download.recovery-tool.com/tools/fix-recovery.exe
3. While your device is connected, force it to restart.

here is a more clear instruction using Itunes
https://mobilespecs.net/phone/Apple/Apple_iPhone_11/faq/105.html
2020-1-9
Use props
CatherineLee
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-7-17
Use props
SebastianArashi
lvl.1