Many faults
868 9 2018-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
baregills
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have not used my Mavic Pro for several months. It was working perfectly last time I used it, but on trying it out before leaving for the flying location, I discovered a number of issues.

1. The gimbal shows as disconnected although it seems to maintain level when tilting the Mavic. The ability to pan using the controller wheel comes and goes at random.

2. 'No SD card' warning and the camera will not focus nor record.
3. The flight controls are very sluggish to non operational in some directions.

There is no forward control whatsoever and the side to side movements are very sluggish, however forward control seems to return very briefly just before touching down.

4. Sometimes video image is lost (This problem can be fixed by recycling the Mavic).

I have carried out all the remedial steps I can think of including:-
Trying different SD cards and reformatting the SD card on a PC. The SD card functionality returns occasionally, but disappears very quickly.
Recalibration of the IMU, gimbal and controller.

The firmware and Go 4 are the latest versions.

So many problems suggest to me that the onboard flight controller is faulty.

Any advice gratefully received.

2018-11-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try relinking RC to aircraft in case that is causing problems.

Have you tried flying in a different location, I'm thinking there might be localised electrical or radio interference ?
2018-11-21
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Did someone fly it without you knowing it?
2018-11-21
Use props
baregills
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 11-21 03:38
Try relinking RC to aircraft in case that is causing problems.

Have you tried flying in a different location, I'm thinking there might be localised electrical or radio interference ?

Hi.
I've tried both this morning.
No improvement I'm afraid.
2018-11-21
Use props
baregills
lvl.1
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 11-21 04:28
Did someone fly it without you knowing it?

Hi.
No. It's been stored away for 4 months.
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day baregills. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues on your DJI Mavic Pro. Since you have updated the firmware and have done some troubleshooting steps to solve the issue that you have today. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support and open a ticket for your DJI Mavic Pro for further analysis and repair. Thank you.

2018-11-21
Use props
baregills
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-21 10:17
Hello and good day baregills. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues on your DJI Mavic Pro. Since you have updated the firmware and have done some troubleshooting steps to solve the issue that you have today. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support and open a ticket for your DJI Mavic Pro for further analysis and repair. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you Stephen.
I will do that.
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

baregills Posted at 11-21 10:20
Thank you Stephen.
I will do that.

You are very much welcome baregills. If you have any other concerns or inquiries please feel free to post it here. We are here to help you.
2018-11-21
Use props
Cavaleir1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13960 ft

United States

Now that is service, DJI Stephen monitoring the site and reply with info that can help without the customer asking some companies will wait until you are frustrated out the @ss to help you Big Huge Thank You to DJI Stephen!!!
2018-11-23
Use props
baregills
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cavaleir1 Posted at 11-23 01:06
Now that is service, DJI Stephen monitoring the site and reply with info that can help without the customer asking some companies will wait until you are frustrated out the @ss to help you Big Huge Thank You to DJI Stephen!!!

I can add to that. I received a telephone call from support within 24 hours of raising my case with them. Although there is no obvious solution, I have been advised to return the Mavic for service.
As a new forum member I was unsure what to expect. I have been very impressed with the performance of DJI - far better than most other companies.
2018-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules