Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S + Nikon D850 HELP?
3301 3 2018-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdizzzle
lvl.1

Canada

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the DJI Ronin/Nikon world. I use to have the DJI OSMO (just for fun). Now I'm leaning towards doing video more "professionally" so I sold my OSMO and I'm planning on getting the Ronin S. I use a Nikon D850 and I've been researching compatibility and have been reading some (on Reddit) that Ronin S-Nikon D850 doesn't work well together, and then I found a thread that's a bit related to what I'm looking for here in the DJI forums but I need more information.

I rented a DJI Ronin S to play and test with my Nikon D850.

The firmware on the Ronin is 1.4.0.30, the firmware on my Nikon D850 is 1.02.

I was able to balance my camera with the Ronin but when I tried to use the connector usb, the live view on my Nikon turned off, and I couldn't turn live view on again (but camera is still on) - I think it went into PC mode... Is there a custom function that I need to set up so that I can make this to work? Do I need to update the Nikon D850 firmware too?

Looking forward to getting more info on this. Thank you!
2018-11-21
Use props
cdizzzle
lvl.1

Canada

Did a few more experiments and I've gotten my Nikon D850 to be connected to the Ronin-S via the mcc-b cable to allow for live view. I can also start/stop recording on the Ronin and can pull focus using the focus knob on the Ronin!  Ronin firmware 1.4.30, D850 firmware 1.02. After trying out a few things that I thought would make it work, what did it for me was to connect cable, turn on Ronin, turn on camera, then half press shutter button
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cdizzzle Posted at 11-21 14:53
Did a few more experiments and I've gotten my Nikon D850 to be connected to the Ronin-S via the mcc-b cable to allow for live view. I can also start/stop recording on the Ronin and can pull focus using the focus knob on the Ronin!  Ronin firmware 1.4.30, D850 firmware 1.02. After trying out a few things that I thought would make it work, what did it for me was to connect cable, turn on Ronin, turn on camera, then half press shutter button

Hi there. I'm glad to know that you were able to work the Nikon D850 to DJI Ronin S. I suggest you check the Ronin-S manual for more information on how to set up and use the function of it. For reference to Nikon D850, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-11-25
Use props
cdizzzle
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-25 16:34
Hi there. I'm glad to know that you were able to work the Nikon D850 to DJI Ronin S. I suggest you check the Ronin-S manual for more information on how to set up and use the function of it. For reference to Nikon D850, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you! I think it'll also be very helpful to users if there was a manual where it says if there's any "custom" settings that need to be turned on on the camera side!
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules