Gimbal overload error
968 9 2018-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Navy 61
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

I'm getting this error on my Spark ( gimbal overload ) is this a mechanical problem?  Never had that before. Anyone got this.What exactly am I suppose to do with this problem?
I would appreciate your help thank you.

2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. May I know what happened to your drone prior to this issue? Did your drone experience any collision or incident? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for support.
2018-11-21
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi Navy 61,

I had this message time to time before take off due to the position of the AC on the ground. Make sure it is a nice flat surface.
2018-11-22
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Make sure when you turn the Spark on that the gimbal is unobstructed since it moves during the power up sequence...if it can't move you get the message.  Gimbal cover (obviously), grass and rocks (if you have it set on uneven ground), or any other obstacle that can prevent the gimbal movement should be avoided.  If you realize the gimbal was restricted from moving, powering off and back on should resolve the message.
2018-11-22
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

DJI Tony Posted at 11-21 14:10
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. May I know what happened to your drone prior to this issue? Did your drone experience any collision or incident? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for support.

I figured out what I think happened I was transporting my Spark in a case sideways in a pack sack. It would stay like that the whole night and prior using it the next day. I' m on vacation since this never happened to me before I was wondering so I tried making sure that my case would be flat always and when I flew that problem didn't occur again.  So I guess we learn something new everyday.  Thank you all for your help.
2018-11-22
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

I also was getting the error while flying. It stayed too long sideways. Now I make sure too lay my case so my drone is in normal position and everything is good.  thank you everybody for your help.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Navy 61 Posted at 11-22 13:35
I figured out what I think happened I was transporting my Spark in a case sideways in a pack sack. It would stay like that the whole night and prior using it the next day. I' m on vacation since this never happened to me before I was wondering so I tried making sure that my case would be flat always and when I flew that problem didn't occur again.  So I guess we learn something new everyday.  Thank you all for your help.

Hi, thanks for your updates. Glad that it did not affect your drone seriously. Mistakes are always the best way to learn our lesson as well. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-22
Use props
CelticCrasher
New
United States

I had the same problem today.  After reading this post, I believe the problem was associated with take-off from non-level surface.  I flew multiple times afterwards with no problems.
2018-11-22
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Navy 61 Posted at 11-22 13:35
I figured out what I think happened I was transporting my Spark in a case sideways in a pack sack. It would stay like that the whole night and prior using it the next day. I' m on vacation since this never happened to me before I was wondering so I tried making sure that my case would be flat always and when I flew that problem didn't occur again.  So I guess we learn something new everyday.  Thank you all for your help.

Depending on what type of case you have, the gimbal still needs to be secure inside the case. I always use a gimbal lock...the only time it's off is when I'm actually flying.
2018-11-23
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 11-23 08:30
Depending on what type of case you have, the gimbal still needs to be secure inside the case. I always use a gimbal lock...the only time it's off is when I'm actually flying.[view_image]

Same here.  The case I have puts some pressure on the gimbal.
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules