Bought my first drone!
1500 20 2018-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
charbel1011
lvl.3
United States

So i finally decided this morning to get the mavic pro. Sadly they didn't have the fly combo as it was soldout. no biggie though. I will buy the other stuff seperatly later. I am totally beginner when it comes to this type of drone i am really hoping i don't lose it. Since im financing the drone lmao.

2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day charbel1011. Thank you for purchasing a DJI Mavic Pro and welcome to DJI Forum. If you have any concerns of inquiry please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2018-11-22
Use props
charbel1011
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-22 06:32
Hello and good day charbel1011. Thank you for purchasing a DJI Mavic Pro. If you have any concerns of inquiry please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.

I have 2 main concers right now. first the flyaway i keep hearing about. second is stability in the air. I only flew unbranded drones before which i gotta admit not soo easy to fly.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

charbel1011 Posted at 11-22 06:46
I have 2 main concers right now. first the flyaway i keep hearing about. second is stability in the air. I only flew unbranded drones before which i gotta admit not soo easy to fly.

Thank you for the quick reply. Please update the firmware of the drone to its latest one and calibrate the drone as well just to be sure that all off the functions of the drone will work properly. Make sure to have good GPS signal before flying the drone as well. It would be best to watch the official DJI Video Tutorials on how to use and maintain the drone.
2018-11-22
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have 2 main concers right now. first the flyaway i keep hearing about. second is stability in the air. I only flew unbranded drones before which i gotta admit not soo easy to fly.

The Mavic Pro is a lot easier to fly than the cheap discount store ones.  All of the electronics packed into it make it extremely stable. I'm betting you will enjoy it a lot. Good luck and safe flying!
2018-11-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

First congrats and welcome.

Fly aways are very rare if at all, most are pilot error. The Mp is very stable and reliable and much easier to fly. First thing is read the manual and then read it again. Also there is a beginner mode to keep the MP close. The flight simulator will help you get familiar with your new bird. Take your time to get to know your bird before sending it out to far. Good luck.
2018-11-22
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Mpro is a really nice drone. Just keep in mind to not fly indoor, start practising on an open field without interference, and having fun. If something happens what you don't want/expect, let go of all the joysticks, and the drone will stop.
2018-11-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats and safe flights
2018-11-22
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Charbel,

Many good advices already given , just take it step for step.

PS1 do not start to fly over water for the first many flights
PS2 learn the RTH behaviour of the MP, practise yourself.

mayby this checklist is usefull >

cheers
JJB

MyCanIFlyChecklist_2.2.pdf

304.79 KB, Down times: 8

2018-11-22
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome your love it,practice in an open area get use to the controls and functions,flight modes,video,slowing gimbal speed down and also stick inputs etc etc..plenty on you tube...
2018-11-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Congratulations and welcome to the Mavic club. Read the manual a couple of times and if stuck just ask the forum members here and you'll get all the help you need.
2018-11-22
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

I have 2 main concers right now. first the flyaway i keep hearing about. second is stability in the air. I only flew unbranded drones before which i gotta admit not soo easy to fly.

One of the main reasons people yell flyaway when they lose their drone is because they did not wait for the drone to get enough satellites and lock its home position.

Another reason is taking off near a lot of metal, this will interfere with the compass, causing it to go into ATTI mode. At this point most beginners do not know what to do and the wind takes it from there.

As stated before read the manual front to back to make sure you understand everything!

And happy flying!

2018-11-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Watch lots of youtube videos, you can pick up lots of tips and happy flying!
2018-11-22
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Congrats. Now keep that bird in the air, safely. Most importandly, enjoy every minute.
2018-11-22
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations! Don't stress. It's a very stable and fun to fly drone. You'll love it.
2018-11-22
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Congrats and welcome new pilot. Watch all the DJI videos posted here for the Mavic Pro and view the threads as you have been doing. Fly in a big field to start out so you won't hit anything and you can get the feel of it. AND last but not least! HAVE FUN! They are a blast to fly
2018-11-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First few hours of flying in a wide open area in beginner mode, no trees, no lamp posts, or anything for it to bump into. Build up confidence about what the aircraft does, and what it will do under certain circumstances. Read, understand and practice the RTH functions, and how to take control.
2018-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats and welcome.
I think this forum is a good starting point if you want any tips
2018-11-22
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Congratulations and welcome
2018-11-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Interesting that no one mentioned DON'T FLY IN WIND UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!  Anything over 10MPH you should be careful about.
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

& check the geo maps in your area for safe to fly zones.
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules