Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 Firmware
12Next >
2501 41 2018-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dunfr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779413 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This afternoon I updated my Mavic 2 Pro. First updated iPhone to Go4 -v4.3.5. Then the aircraft, remote and ALL 3 batteries to todays latest release Firmware v01.00.02.00 using Go4. No issues.

Flew the aircraft - rock solid in the Hover (wind 5 m/s with light gusts to 7 m/s) - all handling characteristics flawless.

Precision Landing inch perfect.

Also App/ac didn’t request a compass calibration - it last flew 11 miles from test flight position. I did actually calibrate to make sure the Precision landing test had a fair chance - I very rarely use it.

The max flight distance was the only parameter that was reset to default during the update.

Planning on a full days flying tomorrow.
I hope everyone has a good experience like me.

2018-11-22
Use props
walttheartist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I have the latest version of Assistant 2 for my Mavic 2 Pro. I connected my RC with a micro USB cable and check that my Internet connection is active. Started Assistant 2 and selected my controller. Clicked on Update firmware, and the progress bar confirms that the Update has been 100 % downloaded, and that my RC has been updated. When I re-start the RC and reboot Assistant 2, the firmware has NOT been updated at all.  I did this procedure about 6 times with the sane result. I also tried to upgrade with my CrystalSky hooked up to the RC. Each time I tried to upgrade, GO 4 warned me that the download failed - check your Internet connection. Tried this method a bunch of times as well without success. What a colossal drag.  The final solution, which is NOT listed anywhere on DJI as far as I know, is to hook up my iPhone 6 to the RC and upgrade that way. Hazzah, it worked. The bonus is, the Mavic 2 Pro and its battery are upgraded at the same time.
2018-11-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your story and feedback with our Mavic 2 Pro. Glad to know that it went everything well on your end. Have a safe flight! Thank you for the support.
2018-11-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

What do you mean Precision Landing perfect. Is it working on your drone/app. can you post a screen shot because mine does not have it and a lot of others as well. When you take off there should be a check box to enable disable precision landing feature, even under the OA tab it is not there.
2018-11-22
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Updated via assistent , update. went fine. Went out in the field , no issues , accept it asked me to update all the batteries. Precision landing worked so far so good , landed on the same exact spot
2018-11-22
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And one thing i also noticed , no more irritating high wind messages so far. It was fairly windy
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

walttheartist Posted at 11-22 10:18
I have the latest version of Assistant 2 for my Mavic 2 Pro. I connected my RC with a micro USB cable and check that my Internet connection is active. Started Assistant 2 and selected my controller. Clicked on Update firmware, and the progress bar confirms that the Update has been 100 % downloaded, and that my RC has been updated. When I re-start the RC and reboot Assistant 2, the firmware has NOT been updated at all.  I did this procedure about 6 times with the sane result. I also tried to upgrade with my CrystalSky hooked up to the RC. Each time I tried to upgrade, GO 4 warned me that the download failed - check your Internet connection. Tried this method a bunch of times as well without success. What a colossal drag.  The final solution, which is NOT listed anywhere on DJI as far as I know, is to hook up my iPhone 6 to the RC and upgrade that way. Hazzah, it worked. The bonus is, the Mavic 2 Pro and its battery are upgraded at the same time.

Hi, sorry for the uneasiness in regards to the firmware upgrade of your RC, however, we're glad to know that you were able to update it using useful troubleshooting steps. You did a great on your end. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-22
Use props
skywatch111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8677251 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hi! Does new firmware fix bug with wrong altitude in exif and is it possible now to change shutter speed in hyperlapse mode?
2018-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Suren Posted at 11-22 10:46
What do you mean Precision Landing perfect. Is it working on your drone/app. can you post a screen shot because mine does not have it and a lot of others as well. When you take off there should be a check box to enable disable precision landing feature, even under the OA tab it is not there.

It looks like it’s auto so you won’t forget it, one less thing to remember.
2018-11-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 11-22 11:00
It looks like it’s auto so you won’t forget it, one less thing to remember.

Haha, lets hope so
2018-11-22
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

skywatch111 Posted at 11-22 10:55
Hi! Does new firmware fix bug with wrong altitude in exif and is it possible now to change shutter speed in hyperlapse mode?

the update says shutter speeds down to 2s in (circle/course lock)

I wonder if it works in waypoint?
2018-11-22
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

skywatch111 Posted at 11-22 10:55

I never had altitude problem with the old firmware.
2018-11-22
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 11-22 10:46
What do you mean Precision Landing perfect. Is it working on your drone/app. can you post a screen shot because mine does not have it and a lot of others as well. When you take off there should be a check box to enable disable precision landing feature, even under the OA tab it is not there.

This happened while landing, I never notice an option to select Precision Landing but apparently when I manually initiated a RTH it performed a Precision Landing perfectly
2018-11-22
Use props
skywatch111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8677251 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Lucas775 Posted at 11-22 11:32
I never had altitude problem with the old firmware.

Many pilots who use M2 for mapping jobs report this bug
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=171969
2018-11-22
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

skywatch111 Posted at 11-22 11:51
Many pilots who use M2 for mapping jobs report this bug
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=171969

Interesting!                     
2018-11-22
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

walttheartist Posted at 11-22 10:18
I have the latest version of Assistant 2 for my Mavic 2 Pro. I connected my RC with a micro USB cable and check that my Internet connection is active. Started Assistant 2 and selected my controller. Clicked on Update firmware, and the progress bar confirms that the Update has been 100 % downloaded, and that my RC has been updated. When I re-start the RC and reboot Assistant 2, the firmware has NOT been updated at all.  I did this procedure about 6 times with the sane result. I also tried to upgrade with my CrystalSky hooked up to the RC. Each time I tried to upgrade, GO 4 warned me that the download failed - check your Internet connection. Tried this method a bunch of times as well without success. What a colossal drag.  The final solution, which is NOT listed anywhere on DJI as far as I know, is to hook up my iPhone 6 to the RC and upgrade that way. Hazzah, it worked. The bonus is, the Mavic 2 Pro and its battery are upgraded at the same time.

I hear you.

Every time I've ever tried to update using CS is has FAILED miserably.

So I always go back to doing updates with the DJI centric...iPhone and Viola!  It works.

Of course, I fly with the CS and wait for an android update for that device!

Really DJI...YOU can do better!
2018-11-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Yep, ditto. Same easy updating experience for me too on iOS. Windy as heck here too with huge trees a foot or 2 for the whole decent (precision landing). Awesome!
2018-11-22
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

Upgraded trough pc(assistant)

Uppdate went fine, but had to update batteries indevidualy trough assistant. No go on dji go 4 (android)
Not flown yet, butt they seem to have fixed the oa red icon when on ground on android atleast.
2018-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I didn't realize I had to upgrade DJI GO 4 first. To my defence, it didn't show there is an update, and it finally did only after a few refreshes.
So I used DJI assistant on my PC, which worked fine.
So, you guys are saying we need to do that for all the batteries?
2018-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 13:47
I didn't realize I had to upgrade DJI GO 4 first. To my defence, it didn't show there is an update, and it finally did only after a few refreshes.
So I used DJI assistant on my PC, which worked fine.

I’ve updated no problems, but no asking for battery updates also nothing in any notes I’ve seen, I don’t believe there is a battery update.
2018-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 13:47
I didn't realize I had to upgrade DJI GO 4 first. To my defence, it didn't show there is an update, and it finally did only after a few refreshes.
So I used DJI assistant on my PC, which worked fine.

I’ve updated no problems, but no asking for battery updates also nothing in any notes I’ve seen, I don’t believe there is a battery update.
2018-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-22 13:58

I finally saw original post about the upgrade, there is a video, and yes, you do need to upgrade all your batteries
2018-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-22 13:58

That is, the first battery (the one you use during the upgrade) is upgraded automatically. The rest, however, needs to be inserted and upgraded one by one. The video shows it quite clearly.
2018-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 14:04
I finally saw original post about the upgrade, there is a video, and yes, you do need to upgrade all your batteries

I’ve put all 3 of them in no prompt no warning, will wait until tomorrow try again , thank you.
2018-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 14:06
That is, the first battery (the one you use during the upgrade) is upgraded automatically. The rest, however, needs to be inserted and upgraded one by one. The video shows it quite clearly.

I know how it’s done I’ve done many, but as I said I put all 3 batteries in no prompt to update, I’m using app to update and AC &RC were no problem.
2018-11-22
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 11-22 14:07
I’ve put all 3 of them in no prompt no warning, will wait until tomorrow try again , thank you.

I didnt get a prompt either in dji go.
But if i connected ac to computer with assistant it would prompt fw missmatch for every new battery.
2018-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-22 14:09
I know how it’s done I’ve done many, but as I said I put all 3 batteries in no prompt to update, I’m using app to update and AC &RC were no problem.

Sorry man, I meant no disrespect. I guess I was lucky, cause after I updated DGI GO 4, it prompted on every non-updated battery...
2018-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 14:54
Sorry man, I meant no disrespect. I guess I was lucky, cause after I updated DGI GO 4, it prompted on every non-updated battery...

I’m thinking two of my batteries were in sleep mode, so have them charging over night, will see tomorrow, no hard feelings, your answer was quite correct and helpful .
2018-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hmm, how do I get that precision landing to work? I have landed it several times after the upgrade, no prompt or anything, and if anything, RTH was way off...
2018-11-22
Use props
Ammo1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328333 ft
United States

That was easy.  Mavic, three batteries and controller all updated without any issues.  I had firmware updating issues in the past  with DJI Assistant but after I quit using WiFi and hooked my computer straight to my router by cat 6 cable my issues went away.
2018-11-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

cinnabun Posted at 11-22 11:43
[view_image]

This happened while landing, I never notice an option to select Precision Landing but apparently when I manually initiated a RTH it performed a Precision Landing perfectly

That is perfect thanks
2018-11-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-22 19:35
That is perfect thanks

If you do auto take off does the app show the radio button for precision landing like the MP did?
2018-11-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-22 23:19
If you do auto take off does the app show the radio button for precision landing like the MP did?

It does not
2018-11-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So does it ascend to 21' automatically when you select auto take off or does it no longer require a direct ascent to that altitude to map the home point? It will it only work when taking off manually to 20 odd feet?  
2018-11-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mrimstad Posted at 11-22 14:10
I didnt get a prompt either in dji go.
But if i connected ac to computer with assistant it would prompt fw missmatch for every new battery.

I have seen this before on my Mavic Pro, where no notification was given in DJI Go 4, but was prompted in DJI Assistant 2 to update the batteries.
2018-11-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 14:59
Hmm, how do I get that precision landing to work? I have landed it several times after the upgrade, no prompt or anything, and if anything, RTH was way off...

I can't speak for the Mavic 2, but with the Mavic Pro (and my P4) auto take-off had to be used. The aircraft would then rise to 9m (memory cell working hard here) where it would capture an image of landing site for use on RTH, allowing it to land near perfectly.
2018-11-23
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Updated, no hickups. Question though, does the "charge phone" on off switch in the DJI Go app only appear on IOS? Can,t find it on Android.
2018-11-23
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Charissa Posted at 11-23 05:07
Updated, no hickups. Question though, does the "charge phone" on off switch in the DJI Go app only appear on IOS? Can,t find it on Android.

yes, sadly.
2018-11-23
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

How difficult can it be, really, REALLY?
2018-11-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules