580 6 2018-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

The wild-wire induced fly ban was finally lifted a few days ago, and I was finally able to take my Mavic 2 Pro in the air again, just for the sake of it. Decided to compare 3 pano modes. Took the drone 500ft up, pointed it to a generally pleasant area, and took three pictures in all three modes. After landing, took the card out of the drone and downloaded images to my PC.
To my surprise, the upper row of the sphere came out all blurred

You guys encountered that before?
I guess next time I will tell it to keep the original images as well (I have 128Gb card, and I don't shoot that much to begin with, so I guess I can afford to store the source files).

FWIW here are the other two panos:

2018-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Caveat: this was before the latest firmware upgrade. Maybe it'll be fixed. Upgrading now, will check.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello DarthSLR. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the photos that you have taken for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. May I know the model and the classification of the SD Card that you have? Please give us an update after updating the firmware of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.
2018-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK, I got it.
Apparently spherical pano supposed to be rendered in a spherical image.
If I press "play" on that image, it does create a spherical image.
I have seen that before, I should have recognized the effect.
I guess I was thinking spherical pano simply creates a 3x3 grid (and it was maybe the case earlier, but not any more), but in fact, it creates not 9 but 26 source images. The weird thing is, I was at least expecting the final JPEG to be properly "sphered", which was not. So I ran my PS CC  to create one. I wonder how people without advanced photo editors handle it?
Anyway, this is how it should look in the end. Or, you can still use the original rectangular form for some impressive hi-res pano.
2018-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-22 14:09
Hello DarthSLR. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the photos that you have taken for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. May I know the model and the classification of the SD Card that you have? Please give us an update after updating the firmware of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

Stephen, thank you for your response. Please see my replay below.
2018-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

And more on the topic. Polar view is one thing, but the really cool thing is to create an actual 360. I used DJI Media Maker to create flat pano, then used PS CC 3D tool to create and export pano.
Now, at this point I only know how to post it to FB, which understands "360" metadata and can play it correctly. I used this video as tutorial:
HTH
2018-11-22
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 22:35
And more on the topic. Polar view is one thing, but the really cool thing is to create an actual 360. I used DJI Media Maker to create flat pano, then used PS CC 3D tool to create and export pano.
Now, at this point I only know how to post it to FB, which understands "360" metadata and can play it correctly. I used this video as tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs5UDTCb9w
HTH

Thanks for the video, very easy steps
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules