Waypoints Hyperlapse problem with interval & time selection
3892 7 2018-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
callaway2288
lvl.2
United States

Not sure if others experience this, but the Waypoint Hyperlapse feature has some bugs. I updated to the latest firmware tonight on the Mavic 2 Pro, the controller, and the batteries. Still when you select Waypoints and select your points, the interval and how long the video can be is so random. Sometimes the option for interval is only 4 seconds while other times it can be 2-10 seconds. Same goes for how long the hyperlapse video will be. I realized tonight the interval is directly releated to your shutter speed. The longer your shutter speed the lower intervals like 2 & 3 seconds won't be an option. This should not have any affect on the duration of the hyper lapse and it does in Waypoints.

Whether we select 2-5 Way points the video length option should be a fixed option like 2-30 seconds just like the other hyperlapse modes. When I orginally shot hyperlapses using Waypoints I was able to do 15 second hyperlapses with 4-5 Waypoints. Now, the scale is 3-10 seconds at best in Waypoints.

This problem wasn't created in a firmware update either. It never worked in the orginally firmware for me.

2018-11-22
Use props
JosephP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3726421 ft
United States

The only option where it will not let you select the duration is waypoint mode. The other modes allow the full selection of intervals and lengths. Shutter affects interval only when setting to 1” or greater.
2019-8-2
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

In waypoint mode you are not able to select a speed,   This means that based on the interval selected that the path has to be long enough to fit the number of shots in.  If the length is too short the result is less shots and a shorter video.

Dji should let us fix the path and number of shots (to get a certain length video) and have the speed adjust automatically to cover the distance in the time required.  Either they are clueless on what is needed or too lazy to fix this shortcoming.

This is another case of DJI doing a half-assed job and releasing a half baked bird.

The Mavic2 could really be exceptional in many more ways if DJI would finish the job they started.
2019-8-2
Use props
djiuser_8ovV1BpngaaL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158205 ft
Canada

So unlike a camera fixed to a motorized slider that can be extremely precise, a drone based hyper-lapse is hovering and affected by wind which, if the distance between two photos is too close together, will result in an extremely jittery hyperlapse... even if the difference was 1/4 inch in altitude. DJIs solution apparently was to increase the distance the drone must move in order to get something usable. If you want to condense 15min of real-time action into something like 10sec, you have to move the drone almost half a kilometer. There’s a min speed in the other hyperlapse modes too - for instance, if you select circle, although you can set duration and speed, if the radius of your circle is too short it will keep circling until the duration is reached. (As opposed to dividing a single lap into 250 equally spaced photos) Does this make sense? So unfortunately if you want longer final videos, you need to increase your distance.
2019-9-2
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

"if the distance between two photos is too close together, will result in an extremely jittery hyperlapse... even if the difference was 1/4 inch in altitude. DJIs solution apparently was to increase the distance the drone must move in order to get "

If you are up a couple of hundred feet shooting something a quarter mile away or more with nothing in the foreground then even a change in altitude several inches is not going to result in jittery hyperlapse IMO.
2019-9-2
Use props
diaz.maneshotmail.com
New
Mexico

djiuser_8ovV1BpngaaL Posted at 2019-9-2 06:23
So unlike a camera fixed to a motorized slider that can be extremely precise, a drone based hyper-lapse is hovering and affected by wind which, if the distance between two photos is too close together, will result in an extremely jittery hyperlapse... even if the difference was 1/4 inch in altitude. DJIs solution apparently was to increase the distance the drone must move in order to get something usable. If you want to condense 15min of real-time action into something like 10sec, you have to move the drone almost half a kilometer. There’s a min speed in the other hyperlapse modes too - for instance, if you select circle, although you can set duration and speed, if the radius of your circle is too short it will keep circling until the duration is reached. (As opposed to dividing a single lap into 250 equally spaced photos) Does this make sense? So unfortunately if you want longer final videos, you need to increase your distance.

Thank you! I was struggling with this. I guess that my hyperlapse test distance was too close for me to choose a video duration longer than 2 secs.
2020-3-21
Use props
fans6ccd5d02
New
Flight distance : 92 ft
Argentina

the duration is set by the distance between waypoints cause you cant set the speed. it doesnt matter how many waypoint you use, if the distance between them is not far, you wont be able to create a long hyperlapse
2020-11-17
Use props
fans6ccd5d02
New
Flight distance : 92 ft
Argentina

I was hoping if anyone could help me with an issue with my mavic 2 pro. When I'm in hyperlapse mode either in waypoints or course lock, it won't show me the blue dots of the waypoints that I'm creating, or de blue line showing the direction the course lock. It's so frustrating. I've search everywhere, erased and re installed the app on my pixel 2xl and my samsung tablet and in both cases the issue is the same. There's no menu where I can enable that feature in those hyperlapse modes. Could you please help me? Much appreciated!!!!!
2020-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules