Rig for reliable aerial still photography with Matric 600 Pro
1212 1 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
palani
lvl.1

India

Hello All,

I'm a wildlife and nature photographer, but new to UAV. I tried a friend's Mavic Air recently while on a photo trip. I like the perspective from air and have been wondering about getting one myself.

I certainly would like atleast a full-frame DSLR or mirrorless in the air, and have read quite a bit in the past few days about the UAV, gimbal and intelli-G but still very confused.

My understanding is that the best option would be a Matrice 600 Pro with Ronin MX or Gremsy T3 gimbal.

I have a Nikon D850 and can use it with either 16-35 f/4 or 24-70 f/2.8 lens. I read somewhere that Nikon has issues with remote control of settings such as aperture, shutter speed and focus point. Is it still a problem? Total weight of camera + lens would be about 1.7 - 2 kg.

Another option (preferable) - Fuji GFX 50S mirrorless + 32-64mm f/4 lens. Can this be used with either of those gimbals? How would be control of the settings be? Total weight of camera + lens would be about 1.7 kg.

I'd be the only operator - of the craft and gimbal/camera. Can I achieve this with a single controller or would I need 2 separate controllers and have to go back and forth? For any meaningful photography I'd need live video feed.

I'd really appeciate if someone can let me know the potential setup or point to where I can find more info.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers,
Senthil
2018-11-23
Use props
AndersA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 919219 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I'm flying a m600 w Sony a7r+35 mm lens on a z15 gimbal (in the midst of upgrading to a7r iii and ronin mx, which enables me to switch lenses to longer ones)
No problem handling it by yourself, but would highly recommend you to start out w something smaller to get the hang of it. Also, if adding an air pixel air commander unit to the (Sony) camera you can control everything from the ground.
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules