"switched to backup navigation"
1485 5 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse1878e72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United States

Hello, I'm learning to fly my new Mavic 2 Zoom.  I have safely complted about a dozen flights.  My last few flights have been with beginner mode off.  My last flight was a bit scary because I saw a warning flash across my iPhone about the maivic having to switch to backup navigation.  My distance limit was set to 800 meters but it was only about a 100 meters away.  I stopped forward motion and started to turn the mavic back to the home point when the video cut out momentaily.  I was just about to hit the return to home button when the video signal returned.  I was then able to safely bring the mavic back, but I need to know what happend.
Please reply.
2018-11-23
Use props
Wana_B
lvl.2
United States

or maybe it said backup IMU  (sorry I was trying to maintain visual on the drone and not on the screen.  The messages flash on the screen then go away.  Is there a message log that I could go back and review?
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend re-calibrating the IMU and compass of your drone to see if the issue would persist. Please make sure that the environment is not hazardous to prevent an incident. Please let us know if the issue will persist. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-25
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wana_B Posted at 11-23 11:25
or maybe it said backup IMU  (sorry I was trying to maintain visual on the drone and not on the screen.  The messages flash on the screen then go away.  Is there a message log that I could go back and review?

Hiya,

Your flightlog will tell you all....upload using > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
If you like post the link on here, so members of this forum might help you to interpret your flight.

My advice : use a screen recorder when flying. Always good to see what messages you had on the screen while watching your drone in the sky.

cheers
JJB

2018-12-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wana_B Posted at 11-23 11:25
or maybe it said backup IMU  (sorry I was trying to maintain visual on the drone and not on the screen.  The messages flash on the screen then go away.  Is there a message log that I could go back and review?

The flight log will tell all,  there is also a record kept in DJI Go 4 in the 'General Settings' / ''Warnings' menu. In there you should see a file for each flight where warnings were generated.

2018-12-1
Use props
Wana_B
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 12-1 05:34
The flight log will tell all,  there is also a record kept in DJI Go 4 in the 'General Settings' / ''Warnings' menu. In there you should see a file for each flight where warnings were generated.

I give you an up vote for that reply.  Thanks!  I'll go looking for the log.
2018-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules