What PowerBank do you use out in the field?
1474 14 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

I currently got my 3rd batter for my Mavic Pro! Yesterday I was able to fly for 57 minutes on just two batteries which pretty close to the spec of the MP.
Anyways, when I landed my aircraft and changed out to batter # 3 my remote controller was dead. I have done a lot of research on Portable power banks and I decide to buy one of these for my arsenal. These come in real handy especially if you forget to charge something before your shoot for your project, like your iPhone or one of your batteries. Trust me it will happen to ya at least ones unless you have a portable power bank. I went with the Energen Drone Max M10 Portable Drone Battery Charging Station for DJI Mavic Pro, that I PICKED Up on eBay for $149.00.

Feel free to Stay connected with me here on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Matt-Paul-Aerial-Photographer-2543515392333246/

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 10.46.37 AM.png
2018-11-23
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Personally, I do not use any Power Bank because I think a flight with all three batteries is sufficient. When it's over, I'd like to review the recorded material, edit some pictures and make a video for YT.
2018-11-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI adaptor with one of my depleted batteries.
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi FLPilotShark, we do appreciate sharing your thoughts about the product you mentioned. Kindly take time to read our Forum Rules and Regulations for more information. Thank you.

advertising.png
2018-11-23
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 09:24
Hi FLPilotShark, we do appreciate sharing your thoughts about the product you mentioned. Kindly take time to read our Forum Rules and Regulations for more information. Thank you.

Sorry, I should made myself a little clearer! The only reason why I BOUGHT one is b/c my remote controller died after my 2nd battery which was just under 57 minutes! Some of my projects take longer! This portable mini charger is not so much to charge my Dji batteries since I own 4 of them for my bird, it's mainly for charging my remote controller and my iPhoneX. Does that make better sense?
Fyi, DJI Gamora
As far as posting my opinion on a product my apolzogies I WAS not aware of any rule that we could not discuss a product! Learn something new every day.
All good. Happy Thanksgiving

2018-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My car      
2018-11-23
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

i fell ya but I prefer to have all my gear together in my backpack instead of running back to a car! lOOKS A little more professional if everything is together in my opinion/.
2018-11-23
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-P ... e+mavic+pro+battery
smatreemavicpro.jpg
2018-11-23
Use props
Zyras
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bing Err Posted at 11-23 14:01
https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-P ... e+mavic+pro+battery

That is an interesting idea.

As for recharging, i am usually out on my motorbike, so battery charging isn't possible BUT, i do have a usb charger hidden under my seat wired into the bike should the remote get low.

Is there any way to use the remote with a powerbank or to stop the remote from trying to charge the phone?
2018-11-23
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zyras Posted at 11-23 14:18
That is an interesting idea.

As for recharging, i am usually out on my motorbike, so battery charging isn't possible BUT, i do have a usb charger hidden under my seat wired into the bike should the remote get low.

The Smatree will charge two Mavic batteries and a USB device all at the same time. I have the one for the Mavic Air that charges 3 batteries. I use it every day. As soon as I'm done flying I put the battery on the portable charger.
2018-11-23
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

I use one of these Solar Powerbank in the Aussie bush to recharge my phone and controller, flight batteries usually last out the day otherwise it's over to the car charger
2018-11-23
Use props
Hani
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not used or tired power bank. I’ve been using a power inverter (300 watts, 110 V) when I plan to fly a little bit more than what the three batteries can. (Spark)  I’ve got it to charge two batteries in about 45 mins at the same time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PQCK3C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.Am-Bb2XWX8XY
2018-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FLPilotShark Posted at 11-23 13:44
i fell ya but I prefer to have all my gear together in my backpack instead of running back to a car! lOOKS A little more professional if everything is together in my opinion/.

Hahahahaha.
For me it is just hobby.
So I'm ok with using the car for that.
I like to pack light. So usually only the Fly More Combo is around.
2018-11-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Do keep in mind that the controller battery charges VERY SLOWLY.  It takes a few hours to charge one via a battery pack.  I carry a 26,800 milliamp hour battery when I travel, but it also takes too long to charge to be practical for in the field use.
2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If it’s flying you want, buy another battery and dji and adapter you will have more flying time you can charge RC your phone and you will have a 4th battery all for the cost of$99 + adaptor which is cheap, you can’t use that PowerBank for flying.
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules