Anyone flying P3S/Galaxy Tab S2/ litchi?
1166 8 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

I was trying to fly DJI Go on my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with poor results. Its not a recommended rig. My reasons for using a tablet were my old eyes.

I started with the little Galaxy S4 which is a decent  (albeit outdated) smart phone but not a very good monitor. The screen is too dark and seems crowded with the 'Go' app. It also suffers from anemic processor power and a limp-wristed wifi. I wanted a screen I could view without squinting. Searching around, I read about pilots using a Galaxy Tab S2 and Litchi. Some with mixed results, usually before the latest Android update. I bought a Tab S2 64G running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and plan to strip it of bloatware and disable apps that I can't uninstall. I'll direct it to 'forget' the household wifi. It will be a pretty much dedicated Litchi device.

I'm looking for pilots with recent experience flying the P3S/Tab S2 and Litchi. Please share your thoughts.

I'm looking at you, Dirty Bird.

2018-11-23
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

I fly the P3S exclusively on Litchi my tablet is an Asus zenpad S8 a bit more powerful than the Tab 2, the screen is so much more 'alive' than the Tab 2 and it runs Litchi like a dream. Home wifi is used to update my offline Google maps, used when flying. I have a Tab 2 7" with DJI Go installed, that was my first tablet for flying the P3S but I was never happy with it. I now only use the Tab 2 for any updates, not that I have done any for over a year.
2018-11-23
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 11-23 12:12
I fly the P3S exclusively on Litchi my tablet is an Asus zenpad S8 a bit more powerful than the Tab 2, the screen is so much more 'alive' than the Tab 2 and it runs Litchi like a dream. Home wifi is used to update my offline Google maps, used when flying. I have a Tab 2 7" with DJI Go installed, that was my first tablet for flying the P3S but I was never happy with it. I now only use the Tab 2 for any updates, not that I have done any for over a year.

Thanks! I just installed Litchi on my old Galaxy 10.1 as an experiment. Everything I see so far says it will work. It even downloaded my first mission. I'll find out tomorrow if it isn't too windy.
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dumbthumbs. Thank you for the inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy  Tab S2 ). I am glad to say that the said mobile device is listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. DJI also recommends using the DJI Go for your DJI Phantom 3 Standard for compatibility and reliability. Have a safe and happy flying. Thank you.

2018-11-25
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 11:57
Hello and good day Dumbthumbs. Thank you for the inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy  Tab S2 ). I am glad to say that the said mobile device is listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. DJI also recommends using the DJI Go for your DJI Phantom 3 Standard for compatibility and reliability. Have a safe and happy flying. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you, Stephen. I wanted a tablet with more processor power and capacity than my older Samsung tab 10.1.
An octa-core processor? Yes, I guess that's a thing.
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dumbthumbs Posted at 11-25 13:25
Thank you, Stephen. I wanted a tablet with more processor power and capacity than my older Samsung tab 10.1.
An octa-core processor? Yes, I guess that's a thing.

You are much welcome Dumbthumbs. If you have any other inquiries or concerns please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2018-11-25
Use props
Clynderboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17989 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-11-25 11:57

[view_image]

Hello DJI Stephen!
I was interested to read your reply to Dumbthumbs and perhaps you can help me too!
I bought a used iPad Mini 2 as it was recommended as a good device for the DJI Go app and my P3S. The iPad is running iOS 9.3.5 and all has been well for over a year. However, I tried to fly the P3S a couple of day ago and the DJI Go app would not load. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but the iStore now tells me that 'Unable to Purchase "DJI GO" is not compatible with this iPad'. To make things even more confusing, the description of the app says "requires iOS 8.0 or higher" Surely iOS 9.3.5 is higher than iOS 8.0?! Please help! Thanks in advance. John.
2020-10-12
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I Use Chuwi Hi 10 Pro Tab (4Gb Ram) to fly my Phantom 3 SE , i use a Patched FCC Version of Dji go and Litchi apps , I never had errors with this Tab while flying

2020-10-12
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2020-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules