1891 15 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kiterwolf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176394 ft
United States

Hello,
I just purchased the Mavic Air fly more combo. 2/3 out of the three batteries did not show any life when I pressed the button.
One of them is charging now with two lights flashing. The others are not charging.
I see the that this Mavic Air one was made in 04/2018. I thought the batteries should have come shipped at 75%.

Will there be an issue with these batteries?

Thanks for your help.
2018-11-23
Use props
kiterwolf
lvl.2
United States

I'm just concerned because according to the DJI manual the batteries should be discharged and charged every three months. If this particular MA I just purchased was manufactured in April of this year and not opened since I'm concerned that the batteries are not optimal anymore. https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/
2018-11-23
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Are you using the hub to charge multiple batteries? The hub only charges 1 battery at a time, starting with the one with the most power.
2018-11-23
Use props
kiterwolf
lvl.2
United States

craighuddy Posted at 11-23 14:54
Are you using the hub to charge multiple batteries? The hub only charges 1 battery at a time, starting with the one with the most power.

Yeah I'm using the charging up. The others are charging now, but I am still concerned that the batteries arrived with basically 0% since none of the lights turned on.  Only after some time charging one of the lights turned on.
2018-11-23
Use props
designamk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127703 ft
South Africa

kiterwolf Posted at 11-23 14:56
Yeah I'm using the charging up. The others are charging now, but I am still concerned that the batteries arrived with basically 0% since none of the lights turned on.  Only after some time charging one of the lights turned on.

The batteries were in hibernation mode so you're all good.
2018-11-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Give them time they will eventually charge, like designmak said they are in hibernation.
2018-11-23
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Batteries can sit on the shelf indefinitely (?) in hibernation mode. But, once charged, the 3 month minimum applies.
2018-11-23
Use props
kiterwolf
lvl.2
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 11-23 19:34
Batteries can sit on the shelf indefinitely (?) in hibernation mode. But, once charged, the 3 month minimum applies.

so just to confirm, when the batteries arrived they were in hibernation mode, no lights coming on and once they started charging it appears they charged from a very low percentage. Now that they are charged the three-month rule applies? I've purchased LiPO before and I've always gotten them ~50+% charged.
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. May I know where did you purchase the unit? How long have you charged the other two batteries? Would it be possible if you could provide a short video of this? Thank you for the support.
2018-11-25
Use props
lordgarth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9642 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 11-23 19:34
Batteries can sit on the shelf indefinitely (?) in hibernation mode. But, once charged, the 3 month minimum applies.

What is the "3 month" you are talking about?
2018-11-25
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

lordgarth Posted at 11-25 16:17
What is the "3 month" you are talking about?

Once a DJI battery has been charged it cannot be left for over 3 months without being charged or it will be dead and not able to be charged.
2018-11-25
Use props
kiterwolf
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-25 13:28
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. May I know where did you purchase the unit? How long have you charged the other two batteries? Would it be possible if you could provide a short video of this? Thank you for the support.

Hi DJI Tony,
I've purchased the unit from https://www.bhphotovideo.com/ last week.
Here are two screenshots. When I pushed the button of two of the three batteries no lights came on. After I put on the charger one light came on.
The 3rd battery had 2 lights on before charging.
https://www.screencast.com/t/ZeiQYHBr
https://www.screencast.com/t/3DALacmx

The remote had about 60% battery when I opened the box.

I just want to ensure that these batteries are not damaged after arriving in this state. Other Lipo that I've purchased always arrived around 50%, including from DJI.

Thanks,

2018-11-25
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Good information.  Thank you.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kiterwolf Posted at 11-25 19:10
Hi DJI Tony,
I've purchased the unit from https://www.bhphotovideo.com/ last week.
Here are two screenshots. When I pushed the button of two of the three batteries no lights came on. After I put on the charger one light came on.

Hi, thanks for the information that you've provided. Sorry that for some reason we can't open the video, would it be okay if you can re-upload the video using the Google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for a further check? Have you already coordinated this concern to the re-seller? Please keep us posted. We highly appreciate your understanding. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-26
Use props
kiterwolf
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-26 10:41
Hi, thanks for the information that you've provided. Sorry that for some reason we can't open the video, would it be okay if you can re-upload the video using the Google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for a further check? Have you already coordinated this concern to the re-seller? Please keep us posted. We highly appreciate your understanding. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony,
I do not have a video of the batteries completely empty upon arrival, just a picture.

I can contact the reseller, but I would like to get a straight answer if these batteries are damaged or not. I would not like to find out in a couple weeks that they are damaged, or worse that they fail mid-flight.

Thanks,  
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kiterwolf Posted at 11-26 19:43
Hi Tony,
I do not have a video of the batteries completely empty upon arrival, just a picture.

Hi, thanks for the response. If the battery will not charge or respond to a charger for a certain amount of time, I would recommend contacting our support for further action and help in regards to your battery. You may want to check the link to reach our support team. Thank you for the support.

www.dji.com/support
2018-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules