landing pad seems to be an obstacle
646 6 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wana_B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United States

Are supposed to turn off obstical avoidance when landing on a pad?  If so, how can you do this quickly/effeciently?

The second problem I had today was landing the mavic (first problem was with interuptions to primary IMU and video downlink discussed here).
When I tried to manually land my Mavic 2 Zoom on a PGYTECH landing pad, it seemed to sense that it was an obstical and override my stick movements.  The mavic would move either side to side or front to back but would not come down directly on top of the pad.  Eventually, I got it to land by holding the left stick all the way down.  I landed half-on /half-off the pad and the rear rotors hit on the weeds that I had cleared from the landing site.

I love all the sensors and automation, but a lot happended zoom that makes me feel less less confident about flying the Mavic 2 Zoom.
2018-11-23
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

I'm using sometimes a landing pad as well with my MP or M2P and I never have that issue. In fact both drones should take a picture in memory that is also used later on to do the precision landing (at least the MP does, not sure if the M2P does that as well since precision landing is not yet enabled there).
2018-11-23
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Mavic 2Z just got a precision landing fimware update Precision Landing
2018-11-23
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

I havent experienced this at all with my Mavic 2
2018-11-23
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I have to tinker a bit with positioning, a bit back and them maybe front again and same with side to side.  Once it kind of hold steady over the pad, just keep pressing the DOWN motion control and it will succumb, land and turn off the props.

2018-11-23
Use props
bbloomquist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

Lands on it every time

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 949&pid=1657210
2018-11-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It will not see the pad as an obstacle - it just lands on it.
2018-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules