More Beginner Questions
650 7 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madtownguy
lvl.1

United States

Logging a little more time on this little guy everyday.  But with each flight and data capture I have more questions.  Hopefully someone can help with some, everyone seems super helpful here.  

1. If the Mavic pro 2 comes with 16gb memory and I ordered the bonus package with 64gb, was I also suppose to get the 16 I may have thrown that away   If so where would it have been?
2.  I've been getting around 2500feet out before I start getting errors, it seems to be video feed errors and not signal error.  Is this normal?  What happens if it gets too far and loses signal does it come back automatically?  I was also having some weird glitchy movements, but I haven't looked to see if that was video feed or if recorded image was glitchy also.  If it matters I have Iphone 8.
3.  What's the easiest video processing software out there?  I got a trial of adobe elements, but I'm not sure that has any hdr features.  
4.  I'm starting with 100% battery and getting down to where it warns me in under 10 min, could there be something I'm doing wrong.  I thought 1 battery lasts 30 min.

Thanks all, I'm hoping to have a video done after 2 weeks of shooting.  Bonus is in Florida there is seldom a day that I can't take the drone out.  
2018-11-23
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

1.)  Yes you've gotten both cards so you might have inadvertently toss out the other card. Quick go check the boxes.

2.)  2500 isn't far unless you've got obstacles in the way. Make sure you've got the attennas pointed like '"an L shape". What kinds of errors? Errors are never normal - it's a signal something ain't right. If you lose signal then comes back then that's ok. Increase elevation for better signal if need be. IOS mobile devices works much better on these DJI drones.

3.) Your never going to get the best of what the SW editor has if it's a trial version,  You'll need to purchase or sub a provider.  FCPX is what I use and works extremely efficient.

4.) Set up your battery critical levels on the DJI Go4 app to 30% not 10%. When you have more experience then crank it up. Auto to home point kicks in when battery level is at a certain point to bring if home safely. Little reminder if you're over water and the craft is coming back against heavy winds, on critical battery levels, it may not make it back. Just a warning.

Keep the drone close within line of sight. Battery will give approx 23-27 mins - give or take. If the critical battery level is 30% then of course you'll get lesser mins.
2018-11-23
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Put your iPhone into 'airplane' mode and close all other apps.

DJI Go4 is a hungry beast and wants all the resources that your iPhone has to offer.
2018-11-23
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You may want to create a pre-flight check list. Yes I agree, turning on airplane mode is important so you're not interrupted with any incoming calls, messages etc.
2018-11-23
Use props
fans9665e8fb
lvl.1
United States

Damn that airplane mode suggestion is a big help.  I assumed it was using my data for something.  I will try the other things also, I have no idea where that other micro card would be.  Think that may be a goner.  I’m kind of confused on the L shape antenna but maybe YouTube will show it.  
2018-11-24
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Also recommendation to read the manual not only once but at least twice
2018-11-24
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans9665e8fb Posted at 11-24 04:55
Damn that airplane mode suggestion is a big help.  I assumed it was using my data for something.  I will try the other things also, I have no idea where that other micro card would be.  Think that may be a goner.  I’m kind of confused on the L shape antenna but maybe YouTube will show it.

Look at the profile of the letter 'L'..now take the remote controller and view the same in a profile from the side and that's how the antennas should be aligned.
2018-11-24
Use props
fans9665e8fb
lvl.1
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 11-24 17:06
Look at the profile of the letter 'L'..now take the remote controller and view the same in a profile from the side and that's how the antennas should be aligned.

Ah ok...  I thought I wanted them pointed at drone.  And originally I was thinking L looking at remote one antenna down one up and wasn’t thinking that made a lot of sense.  I also have booster I got with kit I might try.  But I’m being pretty cautious until I know I’m insured.  Thanks!
2018-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules