Calibration?
1352 11 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1cmathis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1007 ft
United States

I received my Mavic 2 Pro and wondered about calibration? There are several pages about calibrating many things - do you have to do all that before you fly it for the first time, or can you fly it right out of the box?

TIA

2018-11-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes you should update the firmware, calibrate the compass. maybe even the IMU.

Also change some of the settings in the go4 app.
2018-11-23
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

To specifically answer your question, you only have to calibrate the craft if the App is requesting it. I've flown all my drones straight out the box. The MP2 requesting calibration after maybe about 20 flights then it prompted me to do it.

Again, don't do anything unless it provides you a message to do so. Also check the manual re: IMU . Again don't do anything unless requested. If it's in green - leave it alone.

I have over 1,300 miles of flight time and I've never had to calibrate right out of the box on the first few flights, never.

The only thing I've done was update FW, that's it.
2018-11-23
Use props
1cmathis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1007 ft
United States

Thanks for the quick responses.
2018-11-23
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Callibrate compass only when travelling more then 30 miles from last point where you flew the drone.
Concerning my drone the dji go app asked it always automatically when i travel more then
50 km( 30 miles)
2018-11-23
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

84DE6FC3-ED03-42E5-AB11-BB5C1B0A42F5.png
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi 1cmathis, we thank you for purchasing your Mavic 2 Pro. I understand you wondered about calibration, have you seen some errors on the app? You need to calibrate the aircraft if the app notifies. We've collected video tutorials for you to have a step by step guide and reference for better understanding. Also, you may view and download Mavic 2 Pro User Manual for more detailed information. Again, we thank you for choosing DJI. Fly safely.
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Register the drone on your DJI account and activate it > update the FW to the AC, RC and all batteries > calibrate the IMU > calibrate the RC > configure all settings in the app > calibrate the gimbal. Depending on the drone I also refresh FW using Assitant 2 and calibrate the OA/VPS using that too.
When you arrive at your flight location calibrate the compass before take off and ensure you have a strong GPS connection with the home point on the map. Following your maiden flight I would only calibrate any of the above when the app tells me to or if I notice anything peculiar in flight such as the drone not flying straight. Be sure to do your research on how to calibrate properly as a bad calibration can make the drone worse.
2018-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

1cmathis Posted at 11-23 21:43
Thanks for the quick responses.

You got correct information from SD and DJI Gamora, my advice would be the same.
2018-11-24
Use props
Gary Masson
lvl.3
Spain

I calibrate my compass before every flight and have never had a flyaway or any other issue, and this is my third drone.
2018-11-24
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

S.D. Pilot Posted at 11-23 21:39
To specifically answer your question, you only have to calibrate the craft if the App is requesting it. I've flown all my drones straight out the box. The MP2 requesting calibration after maybe about 20 flights then it prompted me to do it.

Again, don't do anything unless it provides you a message to do so. Also check the manual re: IMU . Again don't do anything unless requested. If it's in green - leave it alone.

it's not like that, even on my 2 Pro after only 5 flights, the sensors were on the green, yet my drone did NOT hold the trim and drifted to the side without maintaining a stable hoovering! Recalibrated the IMU and everything is back to normal!
2018-11-25
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

What was said above.  ONLY RE-CALIBRATE when the App indicates that it is necessary.
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules