1269 14 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rhino9872
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5912037 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you zoom in on the side of the road then you’ll see distortion on all of the edges of the roads.  I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong.   Is the sharpness up too high?  I don’t see this on landscape photos.  Shot with a Mavic 2 Zoom and my sharpness, contrast, saturation are all at 0.

I hope after I hit post that the pic gets a little bigger. Right now it’s the size of a postage stamp.

Appreciate the help!
87F05FE1-1746-413E-BA54-68C4EA11D022.jpeg
2018-11-23
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

That is the moire effect and from what I read, sometimes it can be reduced but not eliminated where some have even referenced it happening on very good dslr cameras.  I got it last week on the white shoulder lines along an adjacent road.  

But look up that term and see what's been posted.
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Rhino9872, we appreciate bringing this query to us. I understand you had some issues with the photo distortion on all edges of the roads. Apologies for this. May we ask for the original photo you had issues with? You may post the link using Dropbox or Google Drive account. The distortion on the edges of the roads is often called Moire effect and it is a normal phenomenon. The Moire pattern can sometimes be seen when looking at certain patterns, such as tile roofs. The influence of the Moire patterning can be relieved by decreasing the sharpness or contrast of the camera. In the app (as shown below), you may decrease it via the Style tab. Hope this helps. Thank you.

2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It has a fish eye effect too - this looks terrible! Are you in d-log colour profile?
2018-11-24
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

Is this the picture from the SD card or from your phone, it seems to be the latter as the pattern is exactly one pixel 'high'. If it is from your SD card, can you post a zoomed in section of the road?
2018-11-24
Use props
Rhino9872
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5912037 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you all for the help!  I’m glad I know what to call that now.  I am using the normal color and my style settings are -1 0 0. Not all zeros like I thought. I took it off the sd card and put it on my phone. Then uploaded it here.  I tried to get a zoomed in shot and when I hit the edit button it straightened up and cleared up. I guess I don’t know as much as I thought I did since I don’t understand why it did that.  I was shooting raw.

Anyway, after I hit edit and then save this is what it changed to.  

Did it do this because I didn’t go straight from sd card to a program like photoshop or snap seed or something?  
A1D68237-3399-4016-A89F-147B598DA5C7.jpeg
2018-11-24
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

Rhino9872 Posted at 11-24 16:27
Thank you all for the help!  I’m glad I know what to call that now.  I am using the normal color and my style settings are -1 0 0. Not all zeros like I thought. I took it off the sd card and put it on my phone. Then uploaded it here.  I tried to get a zoomed in shot and when I hit the edit button it straightened up and cleared up. I guess I don’t know as much as I thought I did since I don’t understand why it did that.  I was shooting raw.

The images that you edit on your phone are some sort of 'draft' (preview), not the 'original' quality, they have fewer pixels and that helps create these strange artifacts. It will work fine if you download the original picture to your phone, which is a couple of MB, the current file is much smaller.
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you all for the help!  I’m glad I know what to call that now.  I am using the normal color and my style settings are -1 0 0. Not all zeros like I thought. I took it off the sd card and put it on my phone. Then uploaded it here.  I tried to get a zoomed in shot and when I hit the edit button it straightened up and cleared up. I guess I don’t know as much as I thought I did since I don’t understand why it did that.  I was shooting raw.

That's much better
2018-11-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you all for the help!  I’m glad I know what to call that now.  I am using the normal color and my style settings are -1 0 0. Not all zeros like I thought. I took it off the sd card and put it on my phone. Then uploaded it here.  I tried to get a zoomed in shot and when I hit the edit button it straightened up and cleared up. I guess I don’t know as much as I thought I did since I don’t understand why it did that.  I was shooting raw.

The DJI Go 4 edit stills & video are lower resolution versions intended for quick posting on social networks etc. Some you will be able to download the originals from the aircraft to DJI Go 4 editor (over occusync, but usually not 4k, it takes too long). That gives you better quality in Go 4 editor. Best way is to download the original high resolution photos or video from aircraft SD card to PC.
2018-11-25
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 11-25 03:39
The DJI Go 4 edit stills & video are lower resolution versions intended for quick posting on social networks etc. Some you will be able to download the originals from the aircraft to DJI Go 4 editor (over occusync, but usually not 4k, it takes too long). That gives you better quality in Go 4 editor. Best way is to download the original high resolution photos or video from aircraft SD card to PC.

Is there a way to get the FULL images directly from the aircraft to the "device" be it tablet or phone?  

Or are we limited to using a cable or moving the card?

Thanks
2018-11-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 11-25 15:20
Is there a way to get the FULL images directly from the aircraft to the "device" be it tablet or phone?  

Or are we limited to using a cable or moving the card?

There are a couple of ways I think

With all connected and powered up tap on the 'playback' button on DJI Go 4 main screen (2nd down from record button). This should display cached images of photos/video held on the aircrafts SD card. If you then taps on the 'download' icon at the bottom right of screen you should see a message pop up. On the P4 these wireless downloads (for 'playback' preview) are limited to 1080P & 720P video, also JPEG only stills.

Or if in the DJI Go 4 'Editor', tap on 'Album' tab at top of screen, then chose 'video 'or 'photo' this should display all of whichever type held in editor. By tapping on image you should then see a popup button 'download the original video', and file should then download to editor.
You will see files appear in the 'editor album' marked as 'Original', and if you open each up, and then tap in the 'i' (information) icon at bottom of screen you will get file details.
This seems to work for most video formats, although 4k files take a while to download they are supported, at least on my P4 and I suspect other models as well.

Edit:- you sould be able to plug device into PC and simply drag & drop from 'file explorer' window, for editing in PC.
2018-11-25
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 11-25 17:07
There are a couple of ways I think

With all connected and powered up tap on the 'playback' button on DJI Go 4 main screen (2nd down from record button). This should display cached images of photos/video held on the aircrafts SD card. If you then taps on the 'download' icon at the bottom right of screen you should see a message pop up. On the P4 these wireless downloads (for 'playback' preview) are limited to 1080P & 720P video, also JPEG only stills.

"Edit:- you sould be able to plug device into PC and simply drag & drop from 'file explorer' window, for editing in PC."

That much I do know.  But dragging the drone upstairs to the computer is a pain and the darn port is hidden so that you have to unfold half the legs to gain access and my computer desk does not have that much room.  
2018-11-25
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Where did you download from?  The mobile device ?  If downloaded from the mobile device that is what it will look like.  You have to download from the drone.
2018-11-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 11-25 21:40
"Edit:- you sould be able to plug device into PC and simply drag & drop from 'file explorer' window, for editing in PC."

That much I do know.  But dragging the drone upstairs to the computer is a pain and the darn port is hidden so that you have to unfold half the legs to gain access and my computer desk does not have that much room.

When I spoke about device, in that instance I meant the display device (iPad, iPhone, I don't know about Android). It will download wirelessly to the editor on display device from aircraft but it is very slow for bigger files. The only real options are either remove card from aircraft and plug into PC, or as you say plug aircraft into PC and transfer files via USB cable.
2018-11-26
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

You also have the same problem I have and that is blurriness on the top left side of your picture. My zoom was great now the left side is out of focus, specially when in 24mm. I've refreshed, done the gimbal calibration, IMU calibration and not much change. I wonder if the last firmware messed things up a bit.
2018-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules