Mavic Air Prop Noise
6307 67 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Anyone know how to speed mod the mavic air ?
2019-1-12
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Using the mavic 2 after trying the mavic air, I didn't even feel there is any noise from the mavic 2. LOL
2019-1-13
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8378937 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Master. Posted at 1-13 13:25
Using the mavic 2 after trying the mavic air, I didn't even feel there is any noise from the mavic 2. LOL

Does the Mavic 2 come with low noise props?
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 1-13 17:37
Does the Mavic 2 come with low noise props?

Yes, they do.
2019-1-13
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8378937 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the low noise props on my Mavic Pro and it is noticeably quieter than my Mavic Air.
2019-1-13
Use props
iiaXeii
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31047 ft
Canada

I agree, its very noisy... but I don't regret my purchase or wish I had bought another one
2019-1-14
Use props
WLSBLESSED
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50951 ft
United States

iiaXeii Posted at 1-14 09:27
I agree, its very noisy... but I don't regret my purchase or wish I had bought another one

I agree it is a bit loud... Overall I love my MA and definitely don't regret the investment.
2019-1-14
Use props
OldFaflyers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26555 ft
Australia

Flying a drone does not go well with the public. The MA prop noise can be heard 200 meters away, 150 meyeres above. We have to be discreet with this hobby and DJI is not helping to improve the profile of the hobby.
2019-1-15
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

OldFaflyers Posted at 1-15 01:30
Flying a drone does not go well with the public. The MA prop noise can be heard 200 meters away, 150 meyeres above. We have to be discreet with this hobby and DJI is not helping to improve the profile of the hobby.

But this can be positive as well, when MA crashes and flies uncontrollable, the noise warns the "potential victim" and gives a chance to prevent collision
2019-1-15
Use props
Jaket52
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I spoke to DJI about this and they said they were passing it onto Engineers to see if it was possible to develop something.. Probably won't happen but we can hope!!
2019-1-15
Use props
OldFaflyers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26555 ft
Australia

Most of the the noise of the MA coming from the prop wash. DJI needs to stretch out the arms so there is no overlapping of the props to the body, another word to be able to fold nicely it needs the body stretched. I fly normal fixed wing planes.. Big difference in prop noise when it is a pusher.
2019-1-16
Use props
ND16
lvl.4
Latvia

I think they are fine
2019-1-16
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Finland

its not like the sound transfers to ya video recordings,
2019-1-16
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

While I love the MA, I agree that less noise would be great. I can still hear it 1000 ft away, and as I like to video animals, the noise is a deterrent.
2019-1-16
Use props
aGuyOfGuys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 441798 ft
United States

IMO noise isn't really a problem for me, but I see a lot of people complaining about it. Wonder when DJI will make low noise props
2019-1-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

everything we suggested and pushed for with the mavic air, they let fall on deaf ears.

we been asking for new low noise props for almost entire existence of the aircraft, we know it is possible just by physics..but nothing

we been suggesting software features like:  shortcut buttons to shoot camera up and down so you can check out landing spot instantly and recenter camera after, a digital zoom function  just so we can peek at things without putting aircraft at risk, fix the android battery drain issue on controller with a toggle, separating signal ratios so we can see relative signal strength of our RC vs aircraft to diagnose signal related issues, better interference graph than the useless one in the app currently barely works if even works, voltage display toggle for batteries on the camera screen for all devices, fix the compass calibration screen for mavic air as the current method is incorrect and causing more compass related headaches. .. im sure more im missing here we been begging for.. but they let all of this sh*t fall on deaf ears, instead of giving us what we want, all of these things are very possible and could be corrected by next week if put their heart into it...they dont, just falls on deaf ears...

basically dji has silently ended the life of the mavic air as i see it.  they introduced bugs into .500 they refused to correct, they wont give us very simple software features, all of our suggestions being ignored.....they are apple of the sky, instead of listening to what we want and working to provide that, they tell us what we want..

2019-1-16
Use props
Lifescanner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

DJI is a big Company. Their Target : MONEY !
It ends like many China- Mobile-Phones - new Model will supportet - Mavic Air seems to be to old to correct failures etc.

sry for my bad English
2019-1-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lifescanner Posted at 1-17 01:16
DJI is a big Company. Their Target : MONEY !
It ends like many China- Mobile-Phones - new Model will supportet - Mavic Air seems to be to old to correct failures etc.

i agree...  sadly, most things we been asking for are very reasonable and dji just ignores it.  or if we find a fix for a problem, nothing.   its effectively  EOL (end of life) as far as i can work out...   

and as i see it, if clock rolled back and knowing what i know..i was in the store looking to spend about $1000 on a drone...i wouldn't buy the mavic air....its Dead/EOL.. not sure where i would sink my $1000, but i know fully i wouldn't buy mavic air if i could go back and do it again.   i would still probably recommend it to people looking for their 1st drone... but thats it.
2019-1-17
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think that so far the Mavic Pro is the best DJI drones, software and hardware wise. It’s been taken to perfection. No more updates needed, it’s complete. And it works real good
Plus it’s modifyable, which the mavic 2 is still not and there are doubts if it will ever be! I sure hope that it will be modifyable though!

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Romeo2004 Posted at 2018-12-25 13:58
You probably meant 600 inches which is 50 feet and that still quite a feat. Ancient Aliens is looking for people with your prowess to detect UFO's.

You need to have your ears checked if you can’t hear it past 20 ft.  Get you some miracle ear or something.
2019-1-17
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A CW Posted at 2018-11-24 07:03
The noise was the biggest detractor of owning the MA for me.

Me too, thought I was going to use the Air more after the FCC hack which has improved the poor connection a great deal, but it is now the noise that discourages me from launching it, unless I am in the middle of nowhere.
2019-1-17
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Straight out of the box the Mavic Air is very noisy, and not sure it's just the props or the rpm they're spinning at, or both. But you would expect DJi or the aftermarket would already have come up with 'quiet' props if it was just the props.
2019-1-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 1-17 23:20
Straight out of the box the Mavic Air is very noisy, and not sure it's just the props or the rpm they're spinning at, or both. But you would expect DJi or the aftermarket would already have come up with 'quiet' props if it was just the props.

has been people who have modded the props, used anafi's props merged them to the spark's mount (same as the mavic air's but folding) and dropped huge amount of volume and reduced the frequency/pitch.    as quiet if not quieter than mavic pro with low noise props..

im baffled why no 3rd party making shrunken down mavic pro quiet props for the air...or at least tried something.
2019-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 1-17 23:16
Me too, thought I was going to use the Air more after the FCC hack which has improved the poor connection a great deal, but it is now the noise that discourages me from launching it, unless I am in the middle of nowhere.

The M2's are very quiet mate - about the same as the MPP.
2019-1-18
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

A CW Posted at 1-18 05:35
The M2's are very quiet mate - about the same as the MPP.

Thanks mate, it has been on my shopping list for a while, pending release of  NLD Mods. Glad I haven't bought it yet, because I've now updated my shopping list with the Mavic 2 / Smart Controller combo...LOL
2019-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 1-18 05:48
Thanks mate, it has been on my shopping list for a while, pending release of  NLD Mods. Glad I haven't bought it yet, because I've now updated my shopping list with the Mavic 2 / Smart Controller combo...LOL

Go for it
2019-1-18
Use props
TheVegeta1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I dont think Parrot should even be compair to the mavic air ! the parrot doesnt do half what it claims it can do
2019-1-18
Use props
TheVegeta1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

savagemic Posted at 2018-11-25 11:46
Like the consistent distance issues it has? Lost connection completely at 2,000 ft

Ive had mine > 6500ft . at one on this day I still had smooth video and control over my craft. it lost signal n returned to home at over 6500ft  I regained control so I could try it a 2nd time but it did the same think , I let it return this time . when I review the video on a large screen I had flew over a 6 story medical building beside the serval commercial building . Ive only had mine 2 months but I think a lot of different wifi or light wave  communications types  effects it
2019-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules