12Next >
7630 41 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KKAISS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50335 ft
Canada

Is there any way to stop my M2P from making that robotic sheep sound, i had the M.Air and it is the same sound with no changes. Come on DJI either come up with a better sound or make the turning ON/OFF option available.

2018-11-24
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The start-up tone cannot be disabled/modified.
2018-11-24
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

Why is that, is this the national anthem of the DJI? Can they make a nicer one?
2018-11-24
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

its so ugly and annoying....
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi KKAISS, thank you for bringing this query to us. As of the time being, the option for disabling the startup tone is not available. We do welcome your suggestion with creating a better tone.  I will be forwarding this to our R&D's for them to know and maybe they could also look into considering your suggestion with setting the proper expectation that there's no guarantee this will be added on the next update. Your patience and support are highly valued. Thank you.
2018-11-24
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

This has been DJI's signature wake up tone since the beginning for thier devices. Too bad it annoys you because I think it's there to stay. It's a unique familiar tone that has come to make people think of DJI when they hear it. Their marketing team would most likely never let thier engineers change it. I happen to like the sound - it tells me my drone is awake and happy.. In any case, there are far more things to be annoyed about when it comes to DJI than that sound.
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's fixed and can not be disabled.
2018-11-24
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

I happen to like the tones. It lets you know the drone is booted up as all RC electric motors do.
2018-11-24
Use props
rm708410
lvl.3
United States

Funny story. Some of it sounds odd, but this really happened. I was afraid to even post a question about it, because it was so bizarre. After charging three batteries, I put one in the drone on a table and the other two in my bag. Was just sitting there powered off and happy, waiting to be packed to go out and fly. Was on the phone in a completely different room about an hour later and heard the start-up tone. Go back to the drone, because of the easily recognized sound, and there it was, powered on, blinking its lights and ready to fly. Strangest thing I've ever had happen with a DJI drone. I can't imagine how it happened, as the power starts at the battery and the power up protection procedure is pretty good. The gimbal clamp was on, so that wasn't great. Now I usually keep the batteries out of the craft.
Anyway, it was that tone that let me know something was happening, so I appreciate it
2018-11-24
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

djl61 Posted at 11-24 08:48
I happen to like the tones. It lets you know the drone is booted up as all RC electric motors do.

Still it sounds like a robotic sheep... At least change the tone to a beep or click. It's not that hard.
2018-11-24
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

rm708410 Posted at 11-24 12:19
Funny story. Some of it sounds odd, but this really happened. I was afraid to even post a question about it, because it was so bizarre. After charging three batteries, I put one in the drone on a table and the other two in my bag. Was just sitting there powered off and happy, waiting to be packed to go out and fly. Was on the phone in a completely different room about an hour later and heard the start-up tone. Go back to the drone, because of the easily recognized sound, and there it was, powered on, blinking its lights and ready to fly. Strangest thing I've ever had happen with a DJI drone. I can't imagine how it happened, as the power starts at the battery and the power up protection procedure is pretty good. The gimbal clamp was on, so that wasn't great. Now I usually keep the batteries out of the craft.
Anyway, it was that tone that let me know something was happening, so I appreciate it

This is really strange and scary at the same time, its either one of your family members pressed the power button or you have ghost living there lol.

The tone is too ugly and should be either changed or a choice to turn it on or off.
2018-11-24
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

It's their trademark sound.  Doubt itll be going anywhere
2018-11-24
Use props
reclaimednj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7260 ft
United States

rm708410 Posted at 11-24 12:19
Funny story. Some of it sounds odd, but this really happened. I was afraid to even post a question about it, because it was so bizarre. After charging three batteries, I put one in the drone on a table and the other two in my bag. Was just sitting there powered off and happy, waiting to be packed to go out and fly. Was on the phone in a completely different room about an hour later and heard the start-up tone. Go back to the drone, because of the easily recognized sound, and there it was, powered on, blinking its lights and ready to fly. Strangest thing I've ever had happen with a DJI drone. I can't imagine how it happened, as the power starts at the battery and the power up protection procedure is pretty good. The gimbal clamp was on, so that wasn't great. Now I usually keep the batteries out of the craft.

Good reminder to never store the battery in the aircraft!
2018-11-24
Use props
rm708410
lvl.3
United States

KKAISS Posted at 11-24 14:36
This is really strange and scary at the same time, its either one of your family members pressed the power button or you have ghost living there lol.

The tone is too ugly and should be either changed or a choice to turn it on or off.

Just myself home, so I'm thinking ghost

I'm hoping this was a battery firmware bug and it's been addressed. Could have been a one in a million static event. Who knows?
Seriously freaked me out, and I'll probably never forget it. I prefer things make sense.
Wasn't ever going to mention it, but the startup tone post gave me the opportunity to present it anecdotally, and as stated above, it is a good reminder to not store batteries in the craft.

2018-11-25
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
United States

KKAISS Posted at 11-24 14:31
Still it sounds like a robotic sheep... At least change the tone to a beep or click. It's not that hard.
They should at least let us pick from different sounds. That would be nice.
2018-11-25
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe you'd like the drone to sing "Ohhh Caaaanadaaaa" ?
2018-11-25
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
United States

CanonMax Posted at 11-25 03:36
Maybe you'd like the drone to sing "Ohhh Caaaanadaaaa"  ?

I prefer "The Star Spangled Banner"!!!
2018-11-25
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't like the sound quit buying DJI drones
2018-11-25
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 11-25 13:35
If you don't like the sound quit buying DJI drones

I don't think you are funny, I have asked a question for SMART people to answer, and since you are not one of them then get lost.
2018-11-25
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

rm708410 Posted at 11-25 01:08
Just myself home, so I'm thinking ghost

I'm hoping this was a battery firmware bug and it's been addressed. Could have been a one in a million static event. Who knows?

LOL

No more battery in my drone..... Thanks for your notes.
2018-11-25
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KKAISS Posted at 11-25 16:28
I don't think you are funny, I have asked a question for SMART people to answer, and since you are not one of them then get lost.

If I don't like something and it cannot be change, plain and simple "don't buy the product".  DO NOT TRY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL

You really think that was a "SMART" question?

2018-11-25
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 11-25 20:52
If I don't like something and it cannot be change, plain and simple "don't buy the product".  DO NOT TRY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL

"DON'T BUY THE PRODUCT" is your stupid solution.
2018-11-25
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

djl61 Posted at 11-24 08:48

Incidentally I fully agree.  It is a "reassuring" tone to let one know that everything is fine.
2018-11-26
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Lucas775 Posted at 11-25 20:52

I think that wanting to change the tone may be a VALID Question.  Disabling completely?  Maybe not as it is supposed to let one know everything is ok.
2018-11-26
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

That's a very strange comparison. Didn't even know there were robotic sheep and certainly don't know what they sound like. Does not resemble real sheep sounds at all. I think the DJI startup tone resembles internet dialup modem sounds. On the internet, those sounds were the calling and receiving modems handshake confirmation. Back in the dialup days, it was a happy sound because it meant your internet connection was working. When I here my drone make a similar sound, it makes me think my drone is working.
2018-11-26
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

TrevorSK Posted at 11-26 12:53
That's a very strange comparison. Didn't even know there were robotic sheep and certainly don't know what they sound like. Does not resemble real sheep sounds at all. I think the DJI startup tone resembles internet dialup modem sounds. On the internet, those sounds were the calling and receiving modems handshake confirmation. Back in the dialup days, it was a happy sound because it meant your internet connection was working. When I here my drone make a similar sound, it makes me think my drone is working.

Thank you for your thoughts and understanding. I fully agree. For me, a pair of wire snipper will do the job
2018-11-26
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-11-26
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KKAISS Posted at 11-26 14:51
Thank you for your thoughts and understanding. I fully agree. For me, a pair of wire snipper will do the job

You can't stop the sound. It's coming from drone motors ;)
2018-11-26
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

My dogs love that tone, it lets them know when to hide so the evil drone doesn't get them.
2018-11-26
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 11-26 17:46
My dogs love that tone, it lets them know when to hide so the evil drone doesn't get them.

That tone is music to my ears!
2018-11-26
Use props
Katateochi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41552 ft
United Kingdom

I'd also like the option to disable the start up sound (or at least turn the volume down).  It's not a nice sound and it's so darn loud.  At least be able to make it quieter (although a completely silent start with just lights to indicate status would be much nicer).  It's fine out and about, but when you're home (and it's late and gf is fast asleep) and you want to power it up to copy footage off the internal storage, then you either risk waking partner up or have to wait until morning to copy the files off!  
And the fact that it's a cooperate logo sound that you can't disable is just so....Apple.
2020-3-3
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Don't sheep go BAAHHHHH instead of BLEEP?
2020-3-3
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

CanonMax Posted at 2018-11-25 03:36
Maybe you'd like the drone to sing "Ohhh Caaaanadaaaa"  ?

No I would like it to sing Ohhh fetherland
2020-3-3
Use props
fans1d3c903e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240863 ft
United Kingdom

Personally I also hate the aircraft startup noise - it’s annoying and causes unwanted attention. There’s no need for it as the lights indicate successful startup and connection to RC. Let the user decide. Until then the only way to achieve this is probably to physically disconnect the internal speaker as I had to do with my kitchen microwave.
2023-4-11
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

msinger Posted at 2018-11-24 05:15
The start-up tone cannot be disabled/modified.

That is a weak DJI point, that noise is so old fashioned, sounds like a 3 years old baby doll
2023-4-11
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-11-25 20:52

Did you get lost or not yet?
2023-4-11
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Who could tell... In 6 years lots of things could have changed...
2023-4-11
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-11-26 19:31
That tone is music to my ears!

Hey lucas, for your thinking and the way you react, you should be upgraded to busboy not a captain. Enjoy the dji sound busboy.
2023-4-11
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Weird...

48 Comments in this thread and no one actually mentioning the true reason for the startup noise.

It's a POST - Power On Self Test. The sound is generated from the motors and allows the system to verify that the ESCs are working correctly and you can also hear that everything works just fine. Much in the same way all the lights on a dashboard light up in a car, it's something you should be paying attention to, not trying to ignore. Disabling this feature would be stupid.
2023-4-12
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

CloudVisual Posted at 4-12 00:06
Weird...

48 Comments in this thread and no one actually mentioning the true reason for the startup noise.

48 comments and we all know what this ugly noise is suppose to mean, but the thing that you've missed from the 48 posts is that no ALL people like these ugly annoying noises, it could be a one peep, a sound of engine start, anything but this current very old fashioned annoying noise. Like lots of us who would like to power on the drone for updates, download, upload to internal memory, if you are doing this at night, everyone in the household will be alerted, sleeping members will wake up, your bird will get a heart attack and your dog will start barking.....! Come one DJI have some brain and use it properly to pull your customer's attention, its 2023 not 1926 anymore.
2023-4-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules