Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Annoyed - NO DJI Refresh+ for Europe!
1891 9 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My MPP is a year old now and I have just discovered that my DJI Care Refresh cannot be renewed for European customers. That’s really annoying and especially so because other parts of the world can extend by another year using DJI Care Refresh+

I did like having that assurance in case something went wrong. I used it once during the year after flying too close to a shed and overreacting to a gust of wind. Damaged the gimbal and anti-vibration plate.  

DJI support said: “DJI Care Refresh + is only available to customers in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, North America (U.S. and Canada) and Australia. The supported region or country may be different for some products. You can check whether DJI Care Refresh + is available in your country on the DJI Online Store”.

So, any ideas for those of us in the UK? Is there an insurance product that can give me some peace of mind? It’s just now after a year that I am getting more adventurous and heading out over sea cliffs etc. The thought of watching £1600 worth of kit falling into the sea is more than I can bear!

MP.jpg
2018-11-24
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know these have come down in price - but that's what it cost me last year. This is why DJI are rich and I am poor :-)
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavikMatt Posted at 11-24 05:20
I know these have come down in price - but that's what it cost me last year. This is why DJI are rich and I am poor :-)

Nail on the head
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry that the DJI Care refresh plus plan is not available in some countries including in EU at the moment. We perfectly understand how much you've wanted to purchase this plan, however, it could only purchase in selected countries as we've mentioned. Hopefully, you'll get the best recommendation in regards to your query. We highly appreciate your understanding in regards to this matter. Thank you for your support.
2018-11-25
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-25 11:32
Hi, sorry that the DJI Care refresh plus plan is not available in some countries including in EU at the moment. We perfectly understand how much you've wanted to purchase this plan, however, it could only purchase in selected countries as we've mentioned. Hopefully, you'll get the best recommendation in regards to your query. We highly appreciate your understanding in regards to this matter. Thank you for your support.

WHY is it not available in the EU or (probably possibly maybe soon to be separate)   UK?

Why can it be offered in those other countries but not the UK? What specifically is the problem?
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JAgraphics Posted at 11-28 03:19
WHY is it not available in the EU or (probably possibly maybe soon to be separate)   UK?

Why can it be offered in those other countries but not the UK? What specifically is the problem?

Hi, thanks for your notification. As of the moment, we don't have information if it would be available within the UK as well. DJI Care Refresh + is only available to customers in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, North America (U.S. and Canada) and Australia. There are other countries that are not included, not only in the EU. Hope you'll understand the situation and limitations.
2018-11-28
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I think it may have to do with the consumer rights and warranty bits "over the pond".
I seem to remember that their consumer laws give them an edge over ours here in the states...
Maybe that's why.
2018-11-28
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Possibly. In the UK and other parts of Europe there are a reasonable set of consumer rights that override anything the seller says.  At least I hope that is the reason. IE ie the care refresh is not needed as we effectively have it anyway.
2018-11-28
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmm - not as far as I know. Yes, you have quite good consumer protection in the EU if the device is not fit for purpose (manufacturing fault), but nothing like refresh where you ca get a replacement if you crash the device. I've settled on Photoguard, a UK insurer.
2018-11-28
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Just bought a Spark while on holiday. I haven’t bothered with DJI refresh on this one - I’m adding it to my photoguard policy. Better value all round, I reckon!
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules