731 8 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James89
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47838 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all,

I've had my Phantom 4 standard for around a year now, and previously I've taken it took it close to a mile away with perfect signal, but recently I've found I'm having issues from distances as little as 10 meters. I've found 300M is around the max before I lose everything, but when flying anywhere between 10-300m  im constantly getting a black screen, green screen, loads of artifacts and its near impossible to see what im doing on screen because it's really jumpy. I was not on the latest firmware because of issues I've found within and have posted about before, but even after trying both the possible firmware, I still find that it doesn't improve. Hope someone else has had a simelar issuse so that i can get this resolved because ive got holidays planned and id love to be able to use it then

Thanks!

James Bradman

2018-11-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Do you have the latest GO 4 app, and what kind of device are you using?
2018-11-24
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 11-24 06:48
Do you have the latest GO 4 app, and what kind of device are you using?

Yeah, its the latest, and my primary device for it is an iPhone 6s+, but I've tried it with my Samsung s7Edge and it's still no better.
2018-11-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Seems like a hardware problem, maybe with the RC antennas.  Your device should be good.  I use an Itelite range extender and it works great.
2018-11-24
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 11-24 09:19
Seems like a hardware problem, maybe with the RC antennas.  Your device should be good.  I use an Itelite range extender and it works great.

I do have some range extenders, but even with these on I find that my range is only extended to around 400m, but i still get all the same video artifacts
2018-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha James,

Besides what BAMA mentioned, have you tried the "Custom" HD settings?  If you customize the frequency channel, it can help stabilize the signal.  

Did you upgrade your iPhone 6S+ to the iOS 12 since you last flew?  There have been problems with that OS.  If so, maybe you can downgrade the OS on your iOS phone.

Sorry, that is all I got for the P4.

Hope this helps !

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-25
Use props
James89
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 11-25 02:02
Aloha James,

Besides what BAMA mentioned, have you tried the "Custom" HD settings?  If you customize the frequency channel, it can help stabilize the signal.  

Hiya, I have had a look at the custom settings, but the button that says custom on the channel mode, I'm unable to click on it for some reason or id give it a go. and yeah I am on ios 12, ill try and flash my phone back a bit later on and see if it helps.
Thanks!
2018-11-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

James89 Posted at 11-25 02:52
Hiya, I have had a look at the custom settings, but the button that says custom on the channel mode, I'm unable to click on it for some reason or id give it a go. and yeah I am on ios 12, ill try and flash my phone back a bit later on and see if it helps.
Thanks!

It should work well with the 6s+ on iOS 12.1.

When you look at 'About' in DJI Go 4 'General Settings' menu, which versions of firmware are showing for each device ?

Edit, if you've upgraded aircraft to 02.00.0700 then the RC needs to be at V1.9.3 otherwise you will get poor transmission.
2018-11-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

James89 Posted at 11-25 02:52
Hiya, I have had a look at the custom settings, but the button that says custom on the channel mode, I'm unable to click on it for some reason or id give it a go. and yeah I am on ios 12, ill try and flash my phone back a bit later on and see if it helps.
Thanks!

Aloha James,

Aardvark is more up on the iOS issue than I am.  Follow his lead.  He gives good advice in general.  His suggestion about compatibility is spot on.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules