Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Engage ATTI mode on the Spark
14963 75 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 10:32
You are much welcome. If you have any inquiries or concerns please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying always.

I do have an inquiry...why does DJI not offer us an option to switch to ATTI and back to GPS? it would prevent lots of fly away if people would be able to practice what happen in ATTI instead of just being there watching it fly away.
2018-12-24
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Daniella3d Posted at 12-24 04:33
I do have an inquiry...why does DJI not offer us an option to switch to ATTI and back to GPS? it would prevent lots of fly away if people would be able to practice what happen in ATTI instead of just being there watching it fly away.

Well, that's a thing called "marketing". You should buy the next better drone model :-)

BTW: you're now able to practice ATTI mode flying if you want....

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-12-24
Use props
Albermen
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks mate! This helps a lot
2018-12-27
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 12-24 05:54
BTW: you're now able to practice ATTI mode flying if you want....

How so? is there an official way to switch it to ATTI beside this solution?
2018-12-27
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Daniella3d Posted at 12-27 16:08
How so? is there an official way to switch it to ATTI beside this solution?

No, unfortunately there is no "official" method, and there never will be for the Spark.
So we need to help ourselves....

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-12-28
Use props
timtwomey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2164206 ft
United States

I made the parameter changes yesterday and tried it out today.  Wow!  The wind was barely noticeable at ground level.  I brought the Spark up to about 1.5m and let it hover.  Perfectly stable.  Flicked the switch to Sport (Atti) and it immediately started drifting away. I was able to control it for awhile, but it quickly got confusing.  I switched back to P-GPS to regain control. I repeated this sequence a few times.  And the Spark is like a little rocket in Atti mode.  I can see how people quickly lose the Spark after an encounter with Atti mode. I plan to spend a good amount of time practicing my Atti skills

Thanks very much Wolferi
2018-12-30
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Well, that did not work for me. I change to 1 and true but it does not retain those changes and when I open the new panel I don't see all those options, just the regular ones. Nice trying.
2018-12-30
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Ok it work if I don't close the panel. Interesting. Anyone tried it? does it really work and does the sport mode really put it into ATTI?
2018-12-30
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

timtwomey Posted at 12-30 18:10
I made the parameter changes yesterday and tried it out today.  Wow!  The wind was barely noticeable at ground level.  I brought the Spark up to about 1.5m and let it hover.  Perfectly stable.  Flicked the switch to Sport (Atti) and it immediately started drifting away. I was able to control it for awhile, but it quickly got confusing.  I switched back to P-GPS to regain control. I repeated this sequence a few times.  And the Spark is like a little rocket in Atti mode.  I can see how people quickly lose the Spark after an encounter with Atti mode. I plan to spend a good amount of time practicing my Atti skills

Thanks very much Wolferi

Good thing it is easy and quick to switch it back to GPS mode huh?
2018-12-30
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Daniella3d Posted at 12-30 21:28
Well, that did not work for me. I change to 1 and true but it does not retain those changes and when I open the new panel I don't see all those options, just the regular ones. Nice trying.

Hi Daniella3d,

Yes, DJI Assistant 1.2 debug mode must be enabled every time you want to use it.
So, you start DJI Assistant, set the two fields, close the right panel, connect your Spark, wait until it is recognized and then do your settings.
Yes, it does work

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-12-31
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 2018-12-31 02:24
Hi Daniella3d,

Yes, DJI Assistant 1.2 debug mode must be enabled every time you want to use it.

Well that's the problem, if I close the panel it does not retain the settings and when I click on the spark icon it does not show the developer options. If I want it to work, I do not close the panel after I make the change to 1 and true, I just click on the spark icon and that works.

For it to work, I must not close the panel.
2019-1-1
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Where do you get the version of the DJI assistant that lets you modify the parameters? Please, I can’t find it anywhere

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-1
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Alex B. Posted at 1-1 21:54
Where do you get the version of the DJI assistant that lets you modify the parameters? Please, I can’t find it anywhere

Flysafely

Hi Alex,

If you open the video in YT, look at the video description. It's all there :-)
Link for WIndows and Mac: https://www.drones4.life/dji-assistant-2-download/

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-1-2
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Daniella3d Posted at 1-1 17:42
Well that's the problem, if I close the panel it does not retain the settings and when I click on the spark icon it does not show the developer options. If I want it to work, I do not close the panel after I make the change to 1 and true, I just click on the spark icon and that works.

For it to work, I must not close the panel.

Hi Daniella,

Hm, that's intreaging. It does not behave like that here.
As soon as I enter the "1" and the "true" (both are needed!) and press Enter, I can close the panel, and it remembers the debug mode for this session.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-1-2
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

It's very dangerous to fly in ATTI mode outside though, because if the RC disconnect then no luck, it's gone bye bye. I guess anyone using this option should do it at close range to avoid RC disconnecting. I am a bit afraid of that since mine disconnected from the RC at 15 feet distance. If I would have been in ATTI mode, it would have crashed for sure with no RC control. I would not fly ATTI mode out of sight.
2019-1-2
Use props
ped078
lvl.4
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you so much! How did you find this out?
Thanks to you my Spark has had his chains cut and stabilisers thrown in the bin
PS Whats the difference/advantage of FCC over CE?

Ped
2019-1-2
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 2018-12-23 18:10
How far were you ? ''maximum distance reached''... ??

Max distance set at 480m...  but the app was showing well over 500+ m...  so hard to tell what was correct..
2019-1-3
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

ped078 Posted at 1-2 11:59
Thank you so much! How did you find this out?
Thanks to you my Spark has had his chains cut and stabilisers thrown in the bin
PS Whats the difference/advantage of FCC over CE?

Hi Ped,

That was just out of courioity...I read somewhere here about the debug mode and tried it. Then came the idea :-)

FCC allows much more RF transmission power then CE.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-1-4
Use props
ped078
lvl.4
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

Wolferl Posted at 1-4 01:26
Hi Ped,

That was just out of courioity...I read somewhere here about the debug mode and tried it. Then came the idea :-)

Just to confirm this trick works. I took mine out yesterday and wow...Why DJI don't make this a feature is crazy. It'll make better pilots as they will be more accustomed to flying in ATTI mode should a flyway occur. It finally puts you in control, you're not simply pointing the drone where you want it to go, you're FLYING it there which is sooo much better.

One thing to watch out for, it caught me out...when you let go of the sticks, the drone doesn't stop...it slowly decelerates but it has plenty of inertia, so you have to brake gently to bring it to a stop.

Thank you so much for this little hack Wolferl
2019-1-5
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

ped078 Posted at 1-5 07:20
Just to confirm this trick works. I took mine out yesterday and wow...Why DJI don't make this a feature is crazy. It'll make better pilots as they will be more accustomed to flying in ATTI mode should a flyway occur. It finally puts you in control, you're not simply pointing the drone where you want it to go, you're FLYING it there which is sooo much better.

One thing to watch out for, it caught me out...when you let go of the sticks, the drone doesn't stop...it slowly decelerates but it has plenty of inertia, so you have to brake gently to bring it to a stop.

I am looking forward to try it. Does it have a way to stabilise it? like with my Hubsan X4 I have trims that I can use to balance it if it is drifting in one direction, I can compensate for it buy using the trim buttons. I guess flying in ATTI mode need that you calibrate the drone right before flying? Also since mine already disconnected from the RC at close range, I am a bit afraid of using ATTI mode since it would be drifting to oblivion and no return home.
2019-1-5
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Daniella3d Posted at 1-5 08:43
I am looking forward to try it. Does it have a way to stabilise it? like with my Hubsan X4 I have trims that I can use to balance it if it is drifting in one direction, I can compensate for it buy using the trim buttons. I guess flying in ATTI mode need that you calibrate the drone right before flying? Also since mine already disconnected from the RC at close range, I am a bit afraid of using ATTI mode since it would be drifting to oblivion and no return home.

Hi Daniella,

Unfortunately, the Spark R/C does not have any trimming devices. It wouldn't be of much help anyways because that kind of trimming against the wind is wrong as soon as you turn the aircraft.
Yes, before you try ATTI mode you should sort out the connection problem your bird has...

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-1-6
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Great information, thank you very much
2019-2-13
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

This is a great video. I just need the nerve to pull the trigger to modify my spark.  I haven' t encountered the sudden switch to ATTI mode mid air out of nowhere. What i've encountered is just pushing the distance and getting disconnected and RTH luckily kicking in to bring the bird back home.

Thank you for this video.
2019-2-23
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

kRx md Posted at 2-23 09:53
This is a great video. I just need the nerve to pull the trigger to modify my spark.  I haven' t encountered the sudden switch to ATTI mode mid air out of nowhere. What i've encountered is just pushing the distance and getting disconnected and RTH luckily kicking in to bring the bird back home.

Thank you for this video.

You're welcome!
This "modification" can easily be reset to original. You won't void your Sparks warranty, so nothing to worry about. But please be careful when you do your first ATTI mode flights. Don't panic. Use a large open field with no obstacles. If you lose the birds attitude (will happen!), just switch back to normal mode. You can then even use RTH to get it back.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-23
Use props
andrewjkm
lvl.1
Canada

Grüss Gott, Wolfgang. Do you - or does anyone else - know where the AppFiles/main.js would be found on a Mac (OS 10)? I have DJI Assistant 1.1.2 installed, but can't find the js file anywhere. Vielen Dank!
2019-6-1
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

andrewjkm Posted at 6-1 13:00
Grüss Gott, Wolfgang. Do you - or does anyone else - know where the AppFiles/main.js would be found on a Mac (OS 10)? I have DJI Assistant 1.1.2 installed, but can't find the js file anywhere. Vielen Dank!

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry...maybe someone with a Mac on hand can check?

TIA,
Wolferl
2019-6-3
Use props
Flygmaskin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70719 ft
Sweden

Wolferl Posted at 1-4 01:26
Hi Ped,

I’m really thankful for your curiosity! Great thing to know, and gives people a chance to practice their skills in flying without assistance from the various systems.

Thanks a lot!

Just to clarify, this was done on the latest firmware of the Spark?

And also, have you found anything else interesting that one can do in this developer program?

Highly unlikely, but it eould be great if we could could use the developer program to get Spark to read Galileo satellites, I understand that at least the hardware supports it..

Anyway, thank you again, vielen dank!
2019-8-18
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Flygmaskin Posted at 8-18 22:19
I’m really thankful for your curiosity! Great thing to know, and gives people a chance to practice their skills in flying without assistance from the various systems.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Flygmaskin,

Yes, I did these experiments with the latest "1000" firmware in the Spark.
There is another thread that describes how to setup Expo on the sticks. Useful to make slower turns.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-8-19
Use props
sparkflier14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

Is this Something approved by DJI and/or won't void your warranty?
2020-2-18
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

sparkflier14 Posted at 2-18 17:47
Is this Something approved by DJI and/or won't void your warranty?

Hi,

It is of course not officially approved by DJI
Since you can revert the settings back to factory default, you won't be having problems in terms of warranty.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_KUm3lckFtCiT
New
Singapore

Hi,
I've tried and failed. I can see the atti pop up screen comes and go off but it doesn't switch. If I try to launch in atti mode, it will be in atti mode for few seconds and automatically switch over to GPS mode. What do you think might have gone wrong?

Need your advice, many thanks.
2021-3-5
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_KUm3lckFtCiT Posted at 3-5 03:50
Hi,
I've tried and failed. I can see the atti pop up screen comes and go off but it doesn't switch. If I try to launch in atti mode, it will be in atti mode for few seconds and automatically switch over to GPS mode. What do you think might have gone wrong?

Hi,

Does the text ATTI (yellow background) appear at the top of the screen, where usually the green P-GPS is shown?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_KUm3lckFtCiT
New
Singapore

Nope, if switch from GPS to atti. But the pop up screen from the left, will appear and go off.

If launch in Atti mode.. The top display bar will show atti for few seconds then automatically switch back to GPS mode again.
2021-3-5
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_KUm3lckFtCiT Posted at 3-5 09:57
Nope, if switch from GPS to atti. But the pop up screen from the left, will appear and go off.

If launch in Atti mode.. The top display bar will show atti for few seconds then automatically switch back to GPS mode again.

Hm, that's weird, definitely not right.
What firmware version are you using on the Spark and the R/C?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_KUm3lckFtCiT
New
Singapore

Wolferl Posted at 3-6 00:14
Hm, that's weird, definitely not right.
What firmware version are you using on the Spark and the R/C?

Hi,
Apologies on replying late.
Aircraft firmware: 01.00.1000
RC: 01.00.0600

My email is leongkh11@gmail.com
Communication should be more prompt.

Appreciate your helpfulness.
2021-3-6
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_KUm3lckFtCiT Posted at 3-6 08:12
Hi,
Apologies on replying late.
Aircraft firmware: 01.00.1000

I'm on a business trip right now, so I can't check anything right away.
Can you do a little video where we can see the remote sport switch and the phone screen when it happens? Also a screenshot how you setup the Spark (DJI Assistant) would be very helpful.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules