Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2526 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
I'm happy owner of Mavic 2 Pro since 16.11.2018
I have not used any drones before so my experiance is very small. I have just noticed that the drone is loosing the objects in Circe, Helix and Active Track Mode. Can I ask You to have a look on my movies and tell me what I'm doing wrong, or is it a problem with drone? You are Proffessionals so  and any help is much appriciated.
Thank You
P.S , wind was not strong.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wyBqMkwf_jHVP8aj0iZ-4k8rkSdqkf36/view?usp=drivesdk
2018-11-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

It got too close & then lost tracking. When this happens, just try again. Then when you draw the box, it’ll be slightly different & work correctly. I’ve noticed these Quickshot modes don’t always get it right the first time.
2018-11-24
Use props
rm708410
lvl.3
United States

For the circle example you can use GPS mode option under POI instead of quickshots version for more reliability in that example. Not available for the Helix or Active Track though.
2018-11-24
Use props
djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 11-24 11:48
It got too close & then lost tracking. When this happens, just try again. Then when you draw the box, it’ll be slightly different & work correctly. I’ve noticed these Quickshot modes don’t always get it right the first time.

Thanks very much for Your message and advice. I tried few times and the problem still occurs like on the videos below. Is that normal for beginners ?
Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-8l2iIIlRaoqKQP0uSfLEOJ5fVSGeSBJ/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1stDRmB4HHQi0vU0v5iLcnc0xb_FzUBlC/view?usp=drivesdk
2018-11-24
Use props
djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

rm708410 Posted at 11-24 11:57
For the circle example you can use GPS mode option under POI instead of quickshots version for more reliability in that example. Not available for the Helix or Active Track though.

Thank You for advice,
Can You have a look on the other videos posted in a reply for DRONES-flies-YOU, please?
Thank You
2018-11-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5 Posted at 11-24 12:16
Thanks very much for Your message and advice. I tried few times and the problem still occurs like on the videos below. Is that normal for beginners ?
Thanks

Which Quickshot mode is that? Looks like boomerang. If you want an easier circle, use Point of Interest. It’s super easy to use and YOU can change all the parameters on-the-fly. Things like altitude, distance from object, speed, rotational direction...
2018-11-24
Use props
djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 11-24 12:20
Which Quickshot mode is that? Looks like boomerang. If you want an easier circle, use Point of Interest. It’s super easy to use and YOU can change all the parameters on-the-fly. Things like altitude, distance from object, speed, rotational direction...

You are right that was boomerang however in circle mode it flies to close. Thank You for all Yours help I will follow Yours advices but it occurs everytime in every mode so I'm little bit frustrated because I don't know why it flies so close and loses objects like below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gEfPABYRqQ9efaWRCa8OZQvwv3KJ81pO/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks

2018-11-24
Use props
rm708410
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5 Posted at 11-24 12:20
Thank You for advice,
Can You have a look on the other videos posted in a reply for DRONES-flies-YOU, please?
Thank You

I've had it happen to me using circle quickshot. Back on the first firmware, out of three tries, one worked, one got very close when behind me and one lost me altogether, I think the log said something about lost object and switching to GPS. There was good contrast in the scene, so not sure why it happened. Mainly fly manual, so I haven't tried with either of the two firmware updates so far. But I have used the GPS POI mode without any issue several times. Kind of scared of object detection for now. Check the logs (I use AirData.com) for details about the event.
2018-11-24
Use props
djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I know what You meant DRONE-flies-YOU, i will try to practice Your solution tomorrow.
Thanks very much!
2018-11-24
Use props
djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

rm708410 Posted at 11-24 12:35
I've had it happen to me using circle quickshot. Back on the first firmware, out of three tries, one worked, one got very close when behind me and one lost me altogether, I think the log said something about lost object and switching to GPS. There was good contrast in the scene, so not sure why it happened. Mainly fly manual, so I haven't tried with either of the two firmware updates so far. But I have used the GPS POI mode without any issue several times. Kind of scared of object detection for now. Check the logs (I use AirData.com) for details about the event.

Thank You for help, it is much appreciated.
I will check logs.
2018-11-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5 Posted at 11-24 12:42
Thank You for help, it is much appreciated.
I will check logs.

Yea, a few modes are garbage. The only useful Quickshot is the dronie.

The best modes besides Normal are POI and Hyperlapse. The other stuff is gimmicky and should be treated as such. Even Activetrack is pretty gimmicky “just to see if it works.” No one cares to watch your backside too far away & erraticly from a drone that might hit a tree at any moment. That’s what YouTube is for hahaha!

Seriously try out Hyperlapse. It’s fun to figure out where to do it & then seeing the result. Only drawback is you’ll need more batteries.
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, we appreciate bringing this query to us. Based on the video link you posted, it seemed that the gimbal drifts away from the subject. In cases like this just tap the "Towards POI" in the app and the Mavic 2 will automatically adjust its direction. Kindly take note of the needed flight parameter settings from the manual for a successful flight. I will be posting a video tutorial about How to Use Point of Interest 2.0 on Mavic 2 and hope this helps. Thank you.

2018-11-25
Use props
djiuser_WVxe6cdRf0l5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Had another day with M2P and that is the circle mode. To be honest none of them works properly. Is that means that I should send my M2P back to DJI?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fp0Ha1f56HHPbNUbZzYQy1Ylz2tZlh7t/view?usp=drivesdk
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules