Range issue Mavic 2 and Goggles RE solved???
2525 7 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanTGM
lvl.1

Germany

There are no new posts about the range issue of Mavic2 with RE Goggles.
Has it been solved?
2018-11-24
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

There are still issues with them. For myself, DJI has not been very helpful but I’ve been experimenting on my own and have come to the conclusion that location is everything. In wide open areas they work for me as advertised, a lot of fun , and very immersive. I fly from my home and I only get about 600ft and then lose connection and have too shut them off and the zoom works great. I take them other places and I get great range with them( 1 -2 miles). I’m thinking at my house I’m getting interference from something and that is why they are not working correctly. But I’m not the only one if you browse these threads , so I’m not sure if that is the issue. For me , when I’m not at my home , there is nothing like it and I enjoy it immensely. Others can give you there opinions but that is mine. I hope this helps you make an informative decision but I am cautiously optimistic that the remaining issues will be resolved in the near future. Others will chime in
2018-11-24
Use props
savagemic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272523 ft
United States

I'm looking forward to trying mine tomorrow. However, I am nervous they won't work well but I'm going to a pretty open and clear area. Going to take the advice of turning off Bluetooth and ditching the Apple watch, which was suggested in the Mavic Air range issues threads.
2018-11-24
Use props
StanTGM
lvl.1

Germany

As far as I understand the issue with poor range of the M2/googles combo is not about location (we all know some locations adversely affect range), but about the fact that for many the Mavic has good range with the RC and bad range with the googles (in the same location)
2018-11-25
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

StanTGM Posted at 11-25 02:16
As far as I understand the issue with poor range of the M2/googles combo is not about location (we all know some locations adversely affect range), but about the fact that for many the Mavic has good range with the RC and bad range with the googles (in the same location)

Yes , I agree with this as well. The goggles’ range are not as good as the AC. When the goggles are not used the range of the AC works fine, even in an area that isn’t ideal, such as with trees and buildings.Add the goggles and range is very short.
2018-11-25
Use props
djiuser_2e4tq4Rtacoz
New
Germany

...and yet, no comments on this from DJI, other than the one month old promise by some admin on this forum to “pass it on to the technicians”

I will not upgrade to the M2 until this issue is solved.
2018-11-25
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Rfern Posted at 11-24 20:42
There are still issues with them. For myself, DJI has not been very helpful but I’ve been experimenting on my own and have come to the conclusion that location is everything. In wide open areas they work for me as advertised, a lot of fun , and very immersive. I fly from my home and I only get about 600ft and then lose connection and have too shut them off and the zoom works great. I take them other places and I get great range with them( 1 -2 miles). I’m thinking at my house I’m getting interference from something and that is why they are not working correctly. But I’m not the only one if you browse these threads , so I’m not sure if that is the issue. For me , when I’m not at my home , there is nothing like it and I enjoy it immensely. Others can give you there opinions but that is mine. I hope this helps you make an informative decision but I am cautiously optimistic that the remaining issues will be resolved in the near future. Others will chime in

I’ve started a new thread in the Mavic 2 Pro section asking others to make some noise about this issue.  Here the link.
2018-11-26
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

I will leave mine New in the Box until this get's resolved.

If not I would expect a full Refund from DJI even if I go past the return period.
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules