Extremely Disappointed! Conroller will not connec to Mavic 2
1438 5 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WHM
lvl.3

United States

Last night charged all batteries, iPad mini and controller. No issues when I unplugged all units when finished fully charged. This morning preparing to go out for some flight time to video and pictures could not connect controller to bird. Afer examining every unit several times and several start overs resetting to off and restart again still not connected. Coming inside toexamine again it seems the video-downlink port on side of controller may be the problem. I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro fly more combo for the extras which enable charging the batteries and controller all at the same time. Only use this port for charging since I use iPad mini for my moblie devise using the USB connection. From what I can tell some of the pins in the port look to be misaligned. Tried to plug charging cord to the controller to see if the controller would respond, nothing. Could this be causing the two not to connect.

I purchased the DJI Care Refresh from DJI after buying the drone from Best Buy so I assume this will be covered. The concern I have after reading many very poor comments people
say they incountered trying to get issues corrected. Question is how long will it take and since my unit is bascially brand new will it be fixed or a new one sent in it's place. With the holidays coming up soon wanted to my Mavic 2 Pro for outside activities with the family. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

2018-11-24
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Look carefully on the App mobile device/RC there should be an option to re-bind the RC with MP2.
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

WHM, sorry for your trouble. Could you please help to confirm if it is the drone can't connect to the RC or it is the mobile device doesn't connect to the RC?
As you mentioned that the micro USB port on the left side on the RC could be the problem, could you please provide us with a picture of it to double check? In your case, if you are to use the bottom USB port to connect the RC to the mobile device, please remember to remove the left cable first.
If the mobile device and RC are connected normally, please try and see if the gimbal can be controlled by the RC, if no, please try to relink the drone and RC. Please ensure that all the firmware has been updated before linking.
Since the micro USB port is also used for charging, please try to replug the charging cable and try again, if the issue persists, you may need to send it in for service. A warm prompt, the DJI Care Refresh program doesn't cover the RC's issue (more details, please visit https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq), but you can send the drone and RC in first, the local team will check when they receive the package and see if it is a warranty case and replace/repair it. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you. dji care re.png

2018-11-24
Use props
WHM
lvl.3

United States

I downloaded the new firmware on the DJI Go4 + controller + Mavic 2 Pro and all 3 of my batteries November 22nd as soon as I saw the notice. Flew the drone on the 22nd and 23rd with absoutely no problems.
I was elated with the new precision landing feature which was part of the new firmware, the drone landed EXACTLY on the take off point. Tried to fly agin on the 24th to no avail, the contrioller would not connect to Mavic 2 Pro. The controller turns on but does not connect to the mobile devises, tried both using my iPhone 7s Plus and the iPad mini, used both before. Controller still say 75% battery but when I plug in charging cord it does not take charge....

Please advise all the item I need to pack and sent for service, would like to get back before the holidays.
2018-11-26
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

Hopefully you didn't insert the micro usb the wrong way. take a look at this video.
2018-11-26
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

djl61 Posted at 11-26 07:28
Hopefully you didn't insert the micro usb the wrong way. take a look at this video. https://youtu.be/kWjFNq64M6s

Interesting video.  Unfortunately they did not take his advice.  The Mavic 2 drove uses usb type c, the controller still uses an oddball usb that connects with a micro, although the port/socket is shaped rectangularly.

So basically, their usb's are all over the place.
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules