Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
x7 raw corrupt images “Green” latest firmware .300
4470 33 2018-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12123 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since this is new to the .300 firmware I’m starting a new thread. Latest firmware update on the x7 with the 16mm lens v01.02.0300.

Shot over 600 raw images for a commercial project on six different memory cards. I found 30 currupt raw images that all had a strange green-ish color (see photos). None of the images exhibited this green color on the app on the iPad while I was capturing on the live screen. I used 6 different microSD cards and the issue/flaw occurred across all six cards randomly. I have notified DJI about the issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also found the same issue when I shot simultaneous jpeg/raw.
2018-11-25
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2018-11-25
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2018-11-25
Use props
fansb35e09e6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19232 ft
United States

Thanks for reporting.  I’ve seen this several years ago with the first DJI micro 4/3rds camera.  I was going to update firmware today on my x7 system. Now will not. Thanks!
2018-11-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Unfortunately such findings are inconclusive, not necessarily indicating the bug within particular firmware update, unless reported issues will accumulate over the period of time reaching common persistency status.

To my understanding you've been shooting sequences of panoramic images. This issue may indicate problems with camera processing huge bursts of data and transferring to a SD card, and may be related to the app efficiency as well. What app are you using? Did you noticed the same issue when shooting single stills?
2018-11-25
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-25 11:37
Unfortunately such findings are inconclusive, not necessarily indicating the bug within particular firmware update, unless reported issues will accumulate over the period of time reaching common persistency status.

To my understanding you've been shooting sequences of panoramic images. This issue may indicate problems with camera processing huge bursts of data and transferring to a SD card, and may be related to the app efficiency as well. What app are you using? Did you noticed the same issue when shooting single stills?

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping it was a card error but even they are all different from Samsung and Sandisk and Lexar. If it happened once I would be apt to agree with you but I do think it’s conclusive and evident of an error of some sort. I have over 30 samples of photos raw and jpeg with errors all from the same shoot. I’ve also heard from other pilots who’s seen the same random green screen error. But some experienced it during summer, so my cold weather guess doesn’t correlate. It doesn’t exactly make sense to say it’s a card writing error either because this sample looks like a sensor issue or processor. I’ve got a lot more sample images to show the error.
DD29DF8D-509F-474F-95BE-3066F84A504D.jpeg
2018-11-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansda8daea2 Posted at 11-25 11:46
I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping it was a card error but even they are all different from Samsung and Sandisk and Lexar. If it happened once I would be apt to agree with you but I do think it’s conclusive and evident of an error of some sort. I have over 30 samples of photos raw and jpeg with errors all from the same shoot. I’ve also heard from other pilots who’s seen the same random green screen error. But some experienced it during summer, so my cold weather guess doesn’t correlate. It doesn’t exactly make sense to say it’s a card writing error either because this sample looks like a sensor issue or processor. I’ve got a lot more sample images to show the error.

Do you mind to share what app are you using shooting these stills?
2018-11-25
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-25 12:15
Do you mind to share what app are you using shooting these stills?

Sorry. Yes this is Litchi. I’ve also emailed them too. I even had .25secs delay before and after. Maybe that’s not enough.
2018-11-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansda8daea2 Posted at 11-25 12:18
Sorry. Yes this is Litchi. I’ve also emailed them too. I even had .25secs delay before and after. Maybe that’s not enough.

Yes, try to extend this delay. Did you tried X5S or 4S to see if the issue persists? This may narrow the research of this issue. Gotta go now to further test my Inspire with .0300 FW ...
2018-11-25
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-25 12:29
Yes, try to extend this delay. Did you tried X5S or 4S to see if the issue persists? This may narrow the research of this issue. Gotta go now to further test my Inspire with .0300 FW ...

Never had an issue before the .300 and I’ve never seen this last year with the X5s. Used the same settings all summer with the x7. But extending the delay could be the solution for sure. I’ll be reshooting later this week. Aggravated I didn’t check this onsite but it was so frigid that I was more concerned about being warm.
2018-11-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansda8daea2 Posted at 11-25 12:38
Never had an issue before the .300 and I’ve never seen this last year with the X5s. Used the same settings all summer with the x7. But extending the delay could be the solution for sure. I’ll be reshooting later this week. Aggravated I didn’t check this onsite but it was so frigid that I was more concerned about being warm.

Can't help you much with X7 camera issue since I don't owe one. I can, however, confirm that my Inspire 2  with X5S camera performs just fine under .0300 FW. I tend to believe that indeed X7 camera may be troubled by this update somehow ...
2018-11-25
Use props
neilw_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm also seeing the same on some of my images using .300.

Was using the Go4 app and the lag between firing the shutter and taking the images was a long time and it halted for a good 5-10 seconds sometimes. It was like it all day with the lag but about 30 or so images had this green colour (RAW images).

Looks like we have a gremlin!
2018-12-5
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

One more note, it just happened again. This time worse and corrupted nearly a full set of images. I also noticed upon further testing I can now detect while snapping photos the image on the screen slight flickers for a nano second. Almost a pink flash or white flash on the photo image. I’ve also noticed in some other corrupted files that appear images are combined from other images, like 1/4 is from one image and 3/4 is part of the frame from another image. This is in addition to the “green” color shift.

I guess DJI support is too busy with the Osmo Pocket these days. I thought I was ok too, like it just needed a firmware downgrade process. After that first error, I did all the steps support said. And then I shot on Tuesday over 300 more images and not a single one had an issue. Figured I’m all set. Then yesterday, using the same SD card from Tuesday I had this whole batch ruined (pictured). So, I know it’s not the card. This Inspire has never even been flown hard...
A49C2B45-42A7-410A-8CB7-C63D985E6E54.jpeg
2018-12-9
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansda8daea2 Posted at 12-9 03:03
One more note, it just happened again. This time worse and corrupted nearly a full set of images. I also noticed upon further testing I can now detect while snapping photos the image on the screen slight flickers for a nano second. Almost a pink flash or white flash on the photo image. I’ve also noticed in some other corrupted files that appear images are combined from other images, like 1/4 is from one image and 3/4 is part of the frame from another image. This is in addition to the “green” color shift.

I guess DJI support is too busy with the Osmo Pocket these days. I thought I was ok too, like it just needed a firmware downgrade process. After that first error, I did all the steps support said. And then I shot on Tuesday over 300 more images and not a single one had an issue. Figured I’m all set. Then yesterday, using the same SD card from Tuesday I had this whole batch ruined (pictured). So, I know it’s not the card. This Inspire has never even been flown hard...[Image]

... I contacted DJI support and they want me to send the camera in for service. 6-8 weeks. Someone else told me its a “well documented design flaw” and it’s the data cable that’s come loose or is damaged that runs from the vibration isolator board to flight controller. Hard to believe because this Inspire 2 has only had about 12 flights. Never had a crash.

Btw, for a “well documented” design flaw I’m kind of surprised there are not more cases online and published in the forums and fb groups.
2018-12-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

This is a long shot, but what about triggering the shutter via the button on the remote and not using the GO 4 app?  Might get around the delay and loss of image part - maybe.

Haven taken mine apart and seen the connector that comes from the back of the (replaced) battery compartment (Which broke just sitting there, ahem!) up to the camera controller up front, there were some 25 connections on the tiny plug which is maybe 15mm long.  It really looks fragile for a snap-in piece, and the ones from the camera may be the same.

As to more unreported problems, that battery compartment replacement where the release buttons get stuck down has over 3,000 views on the other Inspire Pilots Help forum so it too must be an issue even though not much said of it here.  Some may be doing it as a DIY project as all these I2 bugs surface.  Some dealers carry the failing parts too.  Connectors that fail over time, plastics that break as inside the battery compartment, batteries failing within a year or outside the six month warranty, aren't good for longevity or reliability of the aircraft.

2018-12-9
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

The only thing that I can possibly add, as I don’t own the I2, is the card reader. Not sure how you are moving photos from cards to computer?
I mention this because I had similar looking photos. Looking good when taken and then randomly a mess on computer or the backup. I tracked my problem down to the card reader.

Good luck on sorting it out quickly !
2018-12-9
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 12-9 07:47
This is a long shot, but what about triggering the shutter via the button on the remote and not using the GO 4 app?  Might get around the delay and loss of image part - maybe.

Haven taken mine apart and seen the connector that comes from the back of the (replaced) battery compartment (Which broke just sitting there, ahem!) up to the camera controller up front, there were some 25 connections on the tiny plug which is maybe 15mm long.  It really looks fragile for a snap-in piece, and the ones from the camera may be the same.

Well said. And, you’re probably right. These parts are not made like tanks. I’ve been through plenty of repairs with dji to know that often they say the fix it, and get it back, and wasn’t repaired at all or repaired the wrong thing and the issue persists. And then shipped back and forth at cost. I’m just hearing two different reasons so far. DJi said it was a firmware. Then someone out in Cali said it’s a loose or damage cable and one day repair and to ship it to them. This is my second Inspire 2, never seen it happen before on either one. And this Inspire is really new-like with very few flights. Loose cable I can see happening but I don’t want to go shipping back and forth to anyone unless I know what the issue is.

Btw, dji still says it could be a card error.
2018-12-9
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Caspers driver Posted at 12-9 07:56
The only thing that I can possibly add, as I don’t own the I2, is the card reader. Not sure how you are moving photos from cards to computer?
I mention this because I had similar looking photos. Looking good when taken and then randomly a mess on computer or the backup. I tracked my problem down to the card reader.

It’s present both when reviewing in the Go4 app and when back at the desktop pulling the media. I do wish it was a card error, and I’d just recycle it. But being it happened initially on 4 out of 6 cards, I feel like I ruled out the cards. But I do appreciate your taking the time to try and help.
2018-12-9
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

fansda8daea2 Posted at 12-9 08:03
It’s present both when reviewing in the Go4 app and when back at the desktop pulling the media. I do wish it was a card error, and I’d just recycle it. But being it happened initially on 4 out of 6 cards, I feel like I ruled out the cards. But I do appreciate your taking the time to try and help.

Sorry to hear that. I knew it was likely a long shot, but it sure looked like my mess.

Again, hopefully I’ll get solved Very soon.
Best
2018-12-9
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Caspers driver Posted at 12-9 08:10
Sorry to hear that. I knew it was likely a long shot, but it sure looked like my mess.

Again, hopefully I’ll get solved Very soon.

Appreciate it either way. Hope to get it sorted this week.
2018-12-9
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Got more errors today.

Just flew. Took 8 photos with no errors. Switch to burst mode. Took 3 bursts. Then it stops taking photos, meaning the shutter snaps (I hear the shutter noise), but no images are being recorded on the SD card at all from within go4. I video screen recorded the entire thing. Just pulled the card and confirmed the snaps I took where I heard the shutter sound didn’t record to the card, and are all in fact not on the sd card whatsoever. I’ll try and see if I can post the video screen capture.

(Found this solution: Raw bursts are saved on the SSD. Totally forgot!)

But my original issue remains concerning the corrupt images. DJI? DJI Mindy? Any DJI support out there?
2018-12-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I have had that happen too if I fire the shutter too rapidly. I can see the wheel spin as though it took a shot, but it's not on the card.  I need to try and do it with the shutter button on the remote itself and see if it is a GO 4 software problem, but I keep forgetting about that button on the RC.

Could be the I2's buffer is just too slow for the card.  I doubt if the internal processor is that fast to fill and send to the card.  I know on my top-end Olympus, which has the UHS-II high-speed slot, if I stick an older 80mb/s SD card in it that the write speed to the card is awful whereas the 300mb/s card is far faster and more reliable.  I don't know if there is a fast micro-SD card since I haven't looked for one.
2018-12-9
Use props
312UAV Chicago
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10492 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just had the same thing, but I did notice an issue while shooting. First round of images and first battery went ok, click shutter, wait a sec then click shutter and so on. those images are good, the second battery click shutter, then a longer than normal delay, the screen lagged, then eventually caught up so I could click again. All those images where green. I was immediately concerned, so I swapped a new set of batteries (batteries not the issue)) and re-shot those images and they were all good. I guess what I am trying to say if and when the I2 does not respond in "any way" as you would expect. Not matter what it is, stills, video, SSD Card, cendence, crystal sky, etc, etc. Land and reboot everything. I have found that you might even have to do this two or three times.  Everything, at least for me will eventually start working again, until the next time it does not. This goes for green images, and also for the SSD card, all of a sudden not being read or recognized on a battery swap. It is just DJI and the ghost in their machines, not a warm fuzzy feeling when your on a gig or especially a film set, cold sweat, short panic, calm down, then reboot everything.....  Again this is only me and it has always worked eventually.... hope it helps.
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_FHrQRhU4Zgr3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151962 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I’ve experienced exact same problem. DJI support says it’s a “firmware issue” which is clearly not, otherwise thousands of drones would be affected by that, and what they working on a fix that is supposed to be released in October, which is very funny because first posts on the internet describing the problem was from January 2018 or something, seems they just don’t care. Finally after a month of back and forth with support they gave up and suggested to send both x7 and inspire for them to investigate. Was not an option for me as I have plenty of jobs to do and can’t wait for another couple months without guarantee that it’ll be fixed, so I just bought another Inspire 2 and problem was solved.

P.s and yes I’ve tried everything before: different firmwares, sd cards, borrowed another x7 from a friend - didn’t helped, it’s a problem with a drone itself. What is curious thought, the x5s works absolutely fine.
2019-11-13
Use props
bachir_photo_ph
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20013228 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

i am having the same problem, corrupted green pictures and stripes while shooting video. not always but occasionally , any solution ?
2019-12-18
Use props
neilw_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did anyone get to the bottom of this issue. I'm still getting it after all this time and can't figure out why. Its not on every flight but seems to be when taking a large number of images during a flight. REALLY ANNOYING!!!
2020-2-16
Use props
craigaroundabouttown.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys, I’m the original poster of the issue and to recap what I had to go through I had to send the drone and the camera to DJI they ended up saying that it was some loose wire I can’t remember exactly what it went to one of the boards or the imaging processor or something like that, they set it back to me. About a month later it totally started happening again. At that point I took it to a third-party to have it repaired. They said the same thing that it was some loose wire in the drone not part of the camera itself they repaired it. And then a couple months went by and it came back again. Was totally fed up with the drone and ended up selling it. Bought another one shortly there after and yup that one was having the same problem. But that 2nd inspire 2 crashed, it sent me so far back financially that I pretty much don’t even fly anymore. Now I just fly for free and fun. Sad very sad

By the way today was the first time the DJI emailed me to say that someone responded on this forum
2020-2-16
Use props
Perspectrum
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6890879 ft
  • >>>
United States

craigaroundabouttown.com Posted at 2-16 13:14
Hey guys, I’m the original poster of the issue and to recap what I had to go through I had to send the drone and the camera to DJI they ended up saying that it was some loose wire I can’t remember exactly what it went to one of the boards or the imaging processor or something like that, they set it back to me. About a month later it totally started happening again. At that point I took it to a third-party to have it repaired. They said the same thing that it was some loose wire in the drone not part of the camera itself they repaired it. And then a couple months went by and it came back again. Was totally fed up with the drone and ended up selling it. Bought another one shortly there after and yup that one was having the same problem. But that 2nd inspire 2 crashed, it sent me so far back financially that I pretty much don’t even fly anymore. Now I just fly for free and fun. Sad very sad

By the way today was the first time the DJI emailed me to say that someone responded on this forum

Thats crazy. I am having the same issue with the X7 Camera. I also have the X5s and there are no issues what so ever with that camera. It worked great before the newest Firmware so it for sure is software related. The problem is very random. It happens with both manually firing the photos and with a mapping app. Sometimes I can get a few batteries that have no issue but then I have one where 5 min into the flight I have to land and reset to keep taking photos. Video wise I have never had an issue its only when taking large amounts of photos. Can anyone from DJI respond?
2020-4-16
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Maybe the problem come from X7. Be carful when you mount your lens.

“Solution: when you mount a lens you need to lock it and do little reverse rotation with you hand on lens to be sure that all DL-lens’s pins are in contact with X7’s pins.”
2020-4-16
Use props
312UAV Chicago
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10492 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you ever find a solution? Barrel twist? Reset Camera? I ran into the same thing and my buddy did as well yesterday. I just thought is was shooting too fast...?
2020-9-28
Use props
craigaroundabouttown.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Was totally fed up with the drone and ended up selling it. Bought another one shortly there after and yup that one was having the same problem. But that 2nd inspire 2 crashed, it set me so far back financially that I pretty much don’t even fly anymore. Now I just fly for free and fun. Sad very sad. Just my experience.
2020-9-28
Use props
312UAV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any word on this?
It has to be firmware, just came off a night shoot and bam, last 6 images are green.
I spent the whole day trying to make this happen and could not, but of course when on the gig it hapens.
When testing it was short tests when on the gig the bird was up for some time. Could it be the camera is over heating and that is effecting the taking of stills?
Maybe the solution is just shoot CineDNG instead of photos?
Anyone out there form DJI?
2020-10-10
Use props
312UAV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768 ft
  • >>>
United States

BTW the twisting of the lens on barrel is a must, but does not help with green images.
What it does is get rid of the camera lens errors....
So yes you should always do that.
2020-10-10
Use props
AnthonyS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1320965 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been flying the Inspire 2 capturing Snowscapes with a recently purchased X7 camera and have experienced for the first time the dreaded green file corruption problem. The malfunction seems to share  features posted by others having this  issue. Namely normal image capture with the X7 until about 7 mins into the flight, when the well recognised several second delay in image capture heralds the image corruption which interestingly in my case is terminated by “pink flash” across the screen during the capture sequence. There is also frame corruption (horizontal line with half captured image)  just prior to the error. As I was unsure of the cause of the problem, I landed the aircraft and terminated the flight. The flight was at low ground temperatures (0°C ) recording to a 64gb Sandisk Extreme Pro card. Subsequent testing of the X7 camera revealed completely normal function.
I was wondering if there had been and solutions since the last post or any further advances in our understanding of the issue.
2023-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules