Problem with firmware updates via phone
526 10 2018-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwashburn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24852 ft
United States

Since getting my Mav 2, I have been unable to do firmware updates via the phone.  It works fine with DJI Assistant 2.  When I first got it, I blew off the issue as an out of the gate glitch, but this is the 3rd update and still no luck updating via the phone.  I get a network is not available message or something similar.  

Maybe an Android issue?  Or Pixel 2 issue?  Anyone else only able to use the Assistant 2 and not a phone to update?
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day jwashburn. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Upon checking the mobile device that you are using which is the Pixel 2. I am sorry to say that the Pixel 2 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. This might be the reason why you are encountering this issue. Using a non recommend mobile device can affect the performance of both the drone and the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommend mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

2018-11-25
Use props
jwashburn
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 07:37
Hello and good day jwashburn. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Upon checking the mobile device that you are using which is the Pixel 2. I am sorry to say that the Pixel 2 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. This might be the reason why you are encountering this issue. Using a non recommend mobile device can affect the performance of both the drone and the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommend mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks, that makes sense why it hasnt been working.  Guess I need to buy a Crystal SKy
2018-11-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jwashburn Posted at 11-25 07:39
Thanks, that makes sense why it hasnt been working.  Guess I need to buy a Crystal SKy

Or an iPad
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

jwashburn Posted at 11-25 07:39

You are much welcome. If you have any other concerns regarding DJI please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2018-11-25
Use props
jwashburn
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 11-25 07:41
Or an iPad

Since you mentioned iPad, how do you deal with apps popping up in front of the Dji App when flying?  I try to remember to put my phone in Airplane mode so text messages and stuff don't come through but sometimes I forget.

How does the iPad handle notifications?  Do they pop up in front of the open application?  That's why I was thinking Crystal Sky.  Dedicated to just one thing
2018-11-25
Use props
liketofly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1315561 ft
Austria

And No..... you are not the only one having this problem.

I think that non of the android devices are able to update the Mavic 2 as it never works with any of my android devices either..... never mind if they are on the list of recommended devices or not....

its always the same: Network error... check your internet connection... bla bla bla...
2018-11-25
Use props
tgs3838
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213957 ft
United States

I have a supported phone. And im having the same issues today when i tried to update. Didn't work Via Ipad either.
2018-11-25
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

I cant update mine using my phone either. I'm using a Note8. It only works using the computer.
2018-11-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jwashburn Posted at 11-25 07:57
Since you mentioned iPad, how do you deal with apps popping up in front of the Dji App when flying?  I try to remember to put my phone in Airplane mode so text messages and stuff don't come through but sometimes I forget.

How does the iPad handle notifications?  Do they pop up in front of the open application?  That's why I was thinking Crystal Sky.  Dedicated to just one thing

Just a small box that pops up on the top - has not impact on the flight. IOS devices and DJI products seem to be made for each other. I always turn off all other apps in back ground before launching the GO app anyway so I rarely get disruptions on an iPad - no calls too of course.
2018-11-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Is Cellular data active?

It's under ME icon on apps first page love right.
Then under settings upper right.
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules