Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Biggest and fastest MicroSD Cards for the Mavic 2 Pro
11358 15 2018-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mklibrary
lvl.1

United States

The Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom comes with 8 GB of internal storage and also supports the use of a microSD card to store your photos and videos. A UHS-I Speed Grade 3 rating microSD card is required due to the fast read and write speeds necessary for high-resolution video data.

These are some benchmarks for 128GB cards. Write speed is the most important metric.

Mavic-Air-Insert-SD-Card.jpg

Lexar Professional 1800x microSDXC 128GB UHS-II - LSDMI128CRBNA1800R
CrystalDiskMark Benchmarks:
Sequential Read: 272.322 MB/s
Sequential Write: 222.227 MB/s

Samsung 128GB EVO Plus Class 10 Micro SDXC - MB-MC128DA/AM
Sequential Read: 88.70 MB/s
Sequential Write: 26.98 MB/s

SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I - SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA
Sequential Read: 46.93 MB/s
Sequential Write: 13.89 MB/s

Sony 128GB Class 10 UHS-1 Micro SDXC - SRG1UY2A/TQ
Sequential Read: 44.17 MB/s
Sequential Write: 21.48 MB/s

If you want to read tons more, I have an entire blog post dedicated to the Best MicroSD Cards.

2018-11-25
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The best and biggest memory cards aren't usually the best option for the Mavic 2 Pro (or other DJI drones). In many cases, people will just end up spending a bunch of extra money for excessive speed that cannot be used by the drone.

Here's an article that explains how to find the best memory card for a DJI drone:
Best memory card for your DJI drone
2018-11-25
Use props
mklibrary
lvl.1

United States

I looked through that post and the only case it makes against the cards I recommended is if you don't transfer them off your drone and they become corrupt you lose your data. That applies to any card.

I'll continue to stick to my biggest size possible, listed above, as well as high speeds to ensure there is never any stuttering.
2018-11-25
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, that's not the case at all. It's only suggesting that swapping memory cards after each flight might be important to some people. And totally losing the memory card is far more common than a corrupt memory card.

As for seeking out the fastest possible memory cards, you should check out the specs for the Mavic 2 Pro (or other drones you're using). They aren't able to use even a quarter of what the fastest memory cards offer.

If you're going to push affiliate links, you should at least suggest products that people need
2018-11-25
Use props
mklibrary
lvl.1

United States

Losing a memory card can apply to any size. There are a ton of epic drone users on here - they content they go out and create definitely benefits from using larger sizes and be gone for extended periods to gather a ton of media. As a fellow media-creator, I know having a larger size card at my disposal is ideal to getting extra shots/angles/video. That and if the price is comparable between a 128gb and 64gb, why go for a smaller size? But maybe I am biased because I shoot footage professionally.
I'm not sure why you are so against larger size cards. I tested and posted benchmarks so people can see the speed differences. You are right that the Mavic 2 Pro supports writing at 30MB/sec [speed class 3]. However, what's to say the next generation will have the same write speeds? It could be faster, in which spending a similar amount of money nets you a card which can write at an even faster speed when utilized.

My philosophy is to get the best bang for the buck which can last as long as possible before another purchased is required. I'd rather not get the bare minimum budget version. Again, this is from a professional standpoint. The subject for this post was the biggest and fastest the Mavic 2 Pro supports- not the medium or budget option. I'm sorry you disagree with my take on memory cards.
2018-11-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing the information mate
2018-11-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Btw welcome to the forum!
2018-11-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the Sandisk extreme series - never had a problem with them on any of my drones. I tend to use 32 and 64gb cards but no harm in 128gb if that suits your needs.
2018-11-26
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

I've been using Sandisk Extreme series 64Gb/32Gb on several aircrafts, they work perfectly well.
Every now and then I'd use Samsung Evo+ 128Gb/256Gb and they're doing a great job too.

In your benchmark, you're comparing UHS-I to UHS-II cards, of which the latter will definitely be way faster, hence the Lexar giving better readings.
You should compare cards with same technologies (UHS-II vs. UHS-II) to see how they perform.

2018-11-26
Use props
mklibrary
lvl.1

United States

Tibopix Posted at 11-26 14:05
I've been using Sandisk Extreme series 64Gb/32Gb on several aircrafts, they work perfectly well.
Every now and then I'd use Samsung Evo+ 128Gb/256Gb and they're doing a great job too.

Thanks for the feedback and that is a good point. I'll have to try and get my hands onto some more cards and benchmark for a bigger variety and better apples to apples comparison. Will update the OP when that happens!
2018-11-28
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

mklibrary Posted at 11-28 14:30
Thanks for the feedback and that is a good point. I'll have to try and get my hands onto some more cards and benchmark for a bigger variety and better apples to apples comparison. Will update the OP when that happens!

Great, looking forward to check your results!
2018-11-28
Use props
NitinRanao01
New

India

Thats good...     thanks for the information    Visit : Hire SEO Consultants
2018-12-17
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing
2019-7-31
Use props
cdguider
New
Flight distance : 75 ft

@mklibrary - Thanks for the recommendation - Just picked up (2) Lexar Professional 1800x microSDXC 128GB UHS-II - LSDMI128CRBNA1800R
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_mIQgOKWnvBt8
New
Flight distance : 326122 ft
Mauritius

Hi, I have a mini 3 pro. Recorded some videos. Put the SD card in RC, but cannot play videos from the RC. I have to transfer the videos to my iphone to be able to play the videos. Anyone knows the reason why?
Note that i can view pictures taken on RC.
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_mIQgOKWnvBt8
New
Flight distance : 326122 ft
Mauritius

Hi, I have a mini 3 pro. Recorded some videos. Put the SD card in RC, but cannot play videos from the RC. I have to transfer the videos to my iphone to be able to play the videos. Anyone knows the reason why?
Note that i can view pictures taken on RC.
2023-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules