First Video With MP2 + Plus A Few Questions About Sensor Noise
302 1 2018-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jedster
lvl.1
United States

Hey everyone! Thought I'd drop in and share the first little video I've put together with clips from the past month of having the MP2. I also would like some insight on noise levels on with this drone.

I've done a little bit of searching before hand and have come across some useful info, but I thought I would still get some of your thoughts on this issue that I'm sure has been discussed from different angles before. I have really been enjoying the Mavic 2 Pro(my first drone) in all kinds of ways, but one thing that has me a little concerned is the noise that is present in the footage I have been capturing. I know noise is to be expected in not so great lighting conditions, but what conerns me is having noise even in pretty good lighting conditions. It seems like there will be quite a bit of noise in the shadow/darker areas of shots that are overall well lit. I've been using D-Log and I've been trying to expose more to the right lately, but I just wanted to confirm that what I'm experiencing is normal for this model. The most logical thing that I've heard on the issue in general is the fact that log footage inherently will contain more noise in shadows. I have neat video which does a great job at removing the noise, but the render time is pretty intense and I just really don't want to have to rely on it for more clips than I have to.

Any insight or experience would be appreciated!
2018-11-25
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Jedster, very nicely done. Love the colors in your video. Thanks for sharing
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules