Squiggly or jello picture affect
557 5 2018-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bajabri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2231 ft

United States

First time drone owner here. I picked the mavic pro because of its great reviews. Just activated it  and I cannot seem to get a clear video picture. It seems to take pictures okay though . I have tried updating firmware and calb the IMU and compass with no improvement. Anyway I can resolve this issue or is it something that needs to be sent back to DJI?
2018-11-25
Use props
Bajabri
lvl.1

United States

I also Auto calibrated the gimbal. When I turn left or right picture sometimes clears up for a second or until I let the stick back to the neutral position. Any help or ideas would be helpful. Nothing worse than getting a new toy and not being able to enjoy it.
2018-11-25
Use props
Bajabri
lvl.1

United States

Bajabri Posted at 11-25 22:43
I also Auto calibrated the gimbal. When I turn left or right picture sometimes clears up for a second or until I let the stick back to the neutral position. Any help or ideas would be helpful. Nothing worse than getting a new toy and not being able to enjoy it.

Scratch that, pictures are wavy also. DJI tried to message back shows up on my email but will not post to forum. Tried sending video to the online help chat and it throws me off the chat when I try to submit video or pictures. No other responses from DJI totally frustrated just going to send it in for service. Called the Us phone number advised me to send it back in. Should have done that from the beginning. Nothing like spending $1000 bucks on something to send it in and wait several weeks for it to return. Hopefully working correctly.
2018-11-27
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem with 2 Mavic Pro's out of the box having returned one. It was a jello type effect.  DJI confirmed a fault with the camera board assembly and replaced the assembly under warranty. The issue and the wait for the repair to be completed and returned was frustrating at the time. The quality of the repair was perfect and the Mavic worked perfectly thereafter.
2018-11-27
Use props
Bajabri
lvl.1

United States

Celsus Posted at 11-27 21:50
I had a similar problem with 2 Mavic Pro's out of the box having returned one. It was a jello type effect.  DJI confirmed a fault with the camera board assembly and replaced the assembly under warranty. The issue and the wait for the repair to be completed and returned was frustrating at the time. The quality of the repair was perfect and the Mavic worked perfectly thereafter.

Appreciate the responce and hope that the repairs will be done correctly. Kind of had me worried that you pay all this money for something including the refresh plan and have to send it back right from the start. I am just hoping i didnt get stuck with a pile of junk with never ending problems that constantly has to be sent in.
I picked up a Spark in the meantime from a friend who is upgrading to the new Zoom and I love it! Hopefully i will get to enjoy my mavic when it returns just as much. I do like the new features of the zoom so maybe once I get comfortable flying my mavic I will upgrade. Wish they would have added a better tracking system like on the Staalker drone. I heard it works really well. Thanks again for the reply. I'll leep my fingers crossed.
2018-11-28
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I sold my Mavic Pro about a month ago as I couldn't justify keeping another drone as I upgraded to the Mavic 2 Pro. That has been no problem at all. Good luck and enjoy the Spark.
2018-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules