Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Self-Heating Battery
9292 22 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ViKiNGi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 537172 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

Can I use Self-Heating batteries on Mavic 2 Pro -version? Is that compatible with that?
2018-11-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes you can, haven’t seen a price for these yet, they may not be on sale from dji.com, you may have to order through your local dealer until dji make them available.
2018-11-26
Use props
ViKiNGi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

hallmark007 Posted at 11-26 11:14
Yes you can, haven’t seen a price for these yet, they may not be on sale from dji.com, you may have to order through your local dealer until dji make them available.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge!
2018-11-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My DJI dealer has these in the UK. The are retailing here for £159 - that is £30 more than the normal M2 batteries.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ViKiNGi. Thank you for the inquiry regarding the Mavic 2 Self-Heating Battery. Yes you may use this DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Self-Heating Battery on the DJI Mavic 2 series and vice versa. In addition here are more details of the self-heating feature, please refer to this:
1. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom without refreshing the firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the self-heating feature is available.
2. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom with the consistent firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the manual heating is available but not the auto heating.
3. Whether the firmware of Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom will keep consistent, we do not have the related info at the moment, please note the future release.
2018-11-26
Use props
ViKiNGi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 12:26
Hello and good day ViKiNGi. Thank you for the inquiry regarding the Mavic 2 Self-Heating Battery. Yes you may use this DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Self-Heating Battery on the DJI Mavic 2 series and vice versa. In addition here are more details of the self-heating feature, please refer to this:
1. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom without refreshing the firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the self-heating feature is available.
2. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom with the consistent firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the manual heating is available but not the auto heating.

Hi
I would request that you include for future updates that feature, what enables self heating battery use (automated and manual modes).

I just buyed that Mavic 2 Pro version and I did not know that enterprise exists. I use that Mavic on Scandinavia and here is long time when we have minus degrees celsius temperatures.
Thats why I would need that self heating battery feature.

Thanks!
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ViKiNGi Posted at 11-28 07:20
Hi
I would request that you include for future updates that feature, what enables self heating battery use (automated and manual modes).

Good day ViKiNGi. Thank you for the reply. Rest Assured I will forward this request to our DJI R&D Team for future development of the said product. Thank you for your support.
2018-11-28
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 11-26 11:14
Yes you can, haven’t seen a price for these yet, they may not be on sale from dji.com, you may have to order through your local dealer until dji make them available.

As this is an Enteprise product I doubt DJI will make them available for orders on DJI Store. You have to purchase them from a local DJI Enterprise Dealer.
2018-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJIJAKOB Posted at 11-28 07:54
As this is an Enteprise product I doubt DJI will make them available for orders on DJI Store. You have to purchase them from a local DJI Enterprise Dealer.

That’s correct at the moment, but I do think fact that they say they are suitable for M2 we will see them eventually available.
2018-11-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder what benefit there might be to the hobbyist, the batteries will self heat as they discharge through use. The only gain might be saving a minute or two extra in not waiting for batteries to get to initial operating temperature in cold climates.
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 11-28 08:40
I wonder what benefit there might be to the hobbyist, the batteries will self heat as they discharge through use. The only gain might be saving a minute or two extra in not waiting for batteries to get to initial operating temperature in cold climates.

Nail on the head mate - no having to hover the drone on take off and losing a couple of minutes. Warmer batteries will also perform better during flight but as you correctly state - the battery will warm with the discharge anyway.
2018-11-28
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

A CW Posted at 11-28 09:29
Nail on the head mate - no having to hover the drone on take off and losing a couple of minutes. Warmer batteries will also perform better during flight but as you correctly state - the battery will warm with the discharge anyway.

Can someone link to a place that sells the heated batteries for the Mavic 2 pro?
2018-12-30
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Alex Dawson Posted at 12-30 03:43
Can someone link to a place that sells the heated batteries for the Mavic 2 pro?

Does anyone know if the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Fly More Kit includes the heated batteries or regular batteries?
2018-12-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex Dawson Posted at 12-30 03:49
Does anyone know if the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Fly More Kit includes the heated batteries or regular batteries?

https://www.heliguy.com/dji-c610/mavic-2-enterprise-c945
At £60 more than the normal fly more kit I think the enterprise kit includes the heated batteries which are £30 more than the normal M2 batteries. I have no idea if the heated enterprise batteries are compatible with the pro/zoom models but I don't see why they wouldn't be.
The link is to the DJI dealer I use in the UK which has it in stock - not sure if they ship internationally though.
2018-12-31
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Can the self heated batteries be used in the sumertime too? Are they smart enough to turn off the heat when the ambient temperature doesn't require heat?
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

May I suggest one of these as a cheap practical alternative
Screenshot_20181231-132807_Samsung Internet.jpg
2018-12-31
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

So how much flight time do you loose  from the battery power it takes to heat them?
2018-12-31
Use props
erl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1000315 ft
Turkey

What is the flight time with heating mode is on ?
2019-2-28
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

Guys dont buy it, self heating, use normal it will auto heat when in flight keep the right stick forward and it will heat up overtime, Yes you lose about 4 minutes of flight that is about 26 minutes only, you dont want that
2019-8-26
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

Guys dont buy it, self heating, use normal it will auto heat when in flight keep the right stick forward and it will heat up overtime, Yes you lose about 4 minutes of flight that is about 26 minutes only, you dont want that
2019-8-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

phuc Posted at 8-26 03:21
Guys dont buy it, self heating, use normal it will auto heat when in flight keep the right stick forward and it will heat up overtime, Yes you lose about 4 minutes of flight that is about 26 minutes only, you dont want that

When flying in sub zero temperatures the batteries may drop below 15c while waiting to be flown and the motors will not even arm if the batteries are that cold. The self heating batteries are also shipped as standard by DJI with the Mavic 2 Enterprise models as it is viewed that these drones will be used in more adverse weather conditions.
2019-8-26
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Too bad there weren't self cooling batteries for when flying in extremely high temperatures..
2019-8-26
Use props
CptnBlackBeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 956217 ft
Serbia

Hi guys,

I just bought the m2e battery for my m2z and immediately after inserting it in, it started the firmware update since there was firmware mismatch.
Will I have the auto heating feature available or no?
Is this fixed?
2019-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules