MAVIC PRO 2 FIRST VIDEO
718 28 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Ok, so this is the second time I took out the MP2. Literally the first and second battery used, so still practicing with the color profiles etc.
Any advise, crits and comments appreciated. Used PP for the editing. Also very first time to use Adobe PP, and had to sit with youtube tutorials open while doing some of the editing. Had to search, "how to cut clips", and then do it, etc. What a learning curve. Took me the better half of 5 hours.

Still not sure how to get two video clips to overlap seamlessly, without using transitions? Help please. Also, audio is definitely not my strong point.

What settings to use for the MP2 DLOG M profile to export the video, in the best possible quality? Any ideas, tips? It seems a bit blurry after upload to youtube, and definitely not like that on my pc.
2018-11-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats - that's awesome!
2018-11-26
Use props
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey nice job! Keep practicing. Practice makes perfect.
2018-11-26
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Excellent work !!
2018-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one
Youtube in general does not help your footage....
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day Charissa. Congratulations on your first video with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Great work and two thumbs up.
2018-11-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, need to tap on the sceen before the shoot to focus!
2018-11-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work.
2018-11-26
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey charissa - nice footage - getting into editing is a whole new game - 5 hrs sounds about right for beginners. I got that time down a bit but still takes me hours to do a short clip on davinci and therefore i am back using the dji go app editor which is not as good but i just dont have the time for long editing sessions. what editor are you using? Keep practicing with edits and yr time taken to make a clip will reduce. like acw says - you tube does no favors to our clips. especially after it is first uploaded the quality is low for a while before you tube gets it uploaded in higher resolutions. Using LUTS is a game changer when it comes to color improvements on edited videos. there are great tuts on you tube about most/all editing software and thats probably the best place to look for advise. what editing software r you using? nice scenery - what town are you filming at?
ps - i have also noted that my weak link is telkom line data speed. where as i buy the best line speed available to me (sadly only 4mb) i have noticed by way of line speed test that my actuall line speed is consistently well below that.
one consequence of a poor line speed is that telkom will throttle your video resolution playback in you tube (making your efforts look less good than you will have expected)

i really did not want to become a telkom hater but the lies they tell (regarding what 'might be the problem vs what is actually the problem) and the amount of time that steals from your productive life is infuriating .

2018-11-27
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Editing is the key.   It is also where the most time is spent  for creative work. I find getting some one else to view it helps tremendously. Especially if the editor is also the cameraman!
You may note that a "directors cut" of a Hollywood film is usually quite a bit longer than the version that goes to the Cinema.    So Editing is subjective and takes time.   You get faster as you learn the basics of editing and the basics of the package you are using, then as you get more skilled it takes longer again as you get more critical and you learn more about the editing package to do the things you want to do.

I was reading somewhere that the actual shooting of the average Hollywood film takes less time than the editing.  This is for the old school live action stuff... these days there can be more CGI than reality :-(
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice work! The weather is horrible and the day is a little bit dark, maybe you can add a horrible BGM? It's might be much better!
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-26 11:53
Congrats - that's awesome!

Thank you.
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Luke Skyflyer Posted at 11-26 12:01
Hey nice job! Keep practicing. Practice makes perfect.

Thank you. Will definitely try.
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thank you.
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 11-26 12:21
Nice one
Youtube in general does not help your footage....

Thank you. Yes, the quality and colours for that matter, looks a bit different than what I did on my PC monitor. The 480p quality looks blurry and horrible, but the full HD quality gives better sharpness and looks more like what I did, processing wise.
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 12:48
Hi and good day Charissa. Congratulations on your first video with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Great work and two thumbs up.

Thank you kindly Stephen.
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

dronist Posted at 11-26 20:00
Dude, need to tap on the sceen before the shoot to focus!

Dude, I did. The blurry stuff is at 480p. Once I play it in HD, much sharper.
Does it look out of focus on your screen, just for interest sake? Also, with the higher quality video?
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thank you.
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 11-27 00:03
hey charissa - nice footage - getting into editing is a whole new game - 5 hrs sounds about right for beginners. I got that time down a bit but still takes me hours to do a short clip on davinci and therefore i am back using the dji go app editor which is not as good but i just dont have the time for long editing sessions. what editor are you using? Keep practicing with edits and yr time taken to make a clip will reduce. like acw says - you tube does no favors to our clips. especially after it is first uploaded the quality is low for a while before you tube gets it uploaded in higher resolutions. Using LUTS is a game changer when it comes to color improvements on edited videos. there are great tuts on you tube about most/all editing software and thats probably the best place to look for advise. what editing software r you using? nice scenery - what town are you filming at?
ps - i have also noted that my weak link is telkom line data speed. where as i buy the best line speed available to me (sadly only 4mb) i have noticed by way of line speed test that my actuall line speed is consistently well below that.
one consequence of a poor line speed is that telkom will throttle your video resolution playback in you tube (making your efforts look less good than you will have expected)

Hi, yes, the video part of editing is still very new to me. I am quite well versed in Photoshop and Lightroom, but brand new to Premier Pro. Using that at the moment. Some things looks familiar to Photoshop, but mostly Greek to me. (for now, anyway)

Does the footage looks out of focus to you? Only looks blurry to me in the lower resolutions, higher HD looks good to me, even on youtube.

Telkom wise, well, what can I say, I have uncapped LTE, 100mbps (which gives me a max of 70, but mostly around 10mbps............go figure, Telkom.  Then, even uncapped, they cap us at 150gb, full speed, then 50 gb at around 10mbps, then down to 4mbps for the rest, which in real life, lets you download in KB,s per second, not MB,s..................) Some things would never change in this here country of ours. Telkom is semi private, semi government. That semi G part is where our money go, and where the service gets lost.....
2018-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 11-27 22:49
Thank you. Yes, the quality and colours for that matter, looks a bit different than what I did on my PC monitor. The 480p quality looks blurry and horrible, but the full HD quality gives better sharpness and looks more like what I did, processing wise.

You're welcome
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

JAgraphics Posted at 11-27 05:27
Editing is the key.   It is also where the most time is spent  for creative work. I find getting some one else to view it helps tremendously. Especially if the editor is also the cameraman!
You may note that a "directors cut" of a Hollywood film is usually quite a bit longer than the version that goes to the Cinema.    So Editing is subjective and takes time.   You get faster as you learn the basics of editing and the basics of the package you are using, then as you get more skilled it takes longer again as you get more critical and you learn more about the editing package to do the things you want to do.

All true. I know Photoshop and Lightroom, most photography programs like CapturOne etc, but video is a new ballgame for me. I find myself wishing to be able to apply a gradient in the sky only, get shots to merge seamlessly, without that fraction of a second bump, want to edit just a part, but have NO idea how to do it.

Photo is static, can see and do. With video, I don,t even know if certain things are possible. Can I edit just the sky, for instance. Can I do selective colour grading, just certain colours? How do I merge clips without transitions?
Any advise? Even Youtube looks at me strangely if I search (how to colour grade the sky in premier pro.....etc.
2018-11-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Panda Posted at 11-27 22:33
Nice work! The weather is horrible and the day is a little bit dark, maybe you can add a horrible BGM? It's might be much better!

Thank you. For some this thunderstorms is bad weather, but personally I love it. The rain always bring relieve to the heat and thunder and heavy dark clouds is beautiful for photography. Love it. Wish I could fly my drone into a rain downpour, close to thunder, and into the dark clouds.

Maybe DJI could make a waterproof, and bad weatherproof drone for the future? Like the underwater drones, but with wings.
2018-11-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2018-11-27
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Charissa Posted at 11-27 23:07
All true. I know Photoshop and Lightroom, most photography programs like CapturOne etc, but video is a new ballgame for me. I find myself wishing to be able to apply a gradient in the sky only, get shots to merge seamlessly, without that fraction of a second bump, want to edit just a part, but have NO idea how to do it.

Photo is static, can see and do. With video, I don,t even know if certain things are possible. Can I edit just the sky, for instance. Can I do selective colour grading, just certain colours? How do I merge clips without transitions?

Video editing as a completely different ball game.

You *can* do it in LR  and there are some tutorials for applying the photo effects to video (it's very counter intuitive) not that I have done it as I use Final Cut Pro X.     

Editing as in chopping and reassembling the shots is easy. As it adding transitions and audio   doing effects as you suggest takes more time and skill.  Really is better to get it right in camera :-)  (ND filters etc)

Part of the problem is you are learning   what was several separate and distinct skill sets. Back inthe Good Old Days there was a cameraman, focus puller, loader, grips, sound man, various assistants, for airborne a pilot (ground crew) then the film Editor, colourist , effects team(s)   sound editor,  Foley editors, music editors  etc etc

A modern UAV/Drone him person who also edits the final film is having to learn what was probably done by a dozen different skilled people,

It is going to take time to learn.
2018-11-28
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looked good to me on a 27 inch screen in most. There was one slightly blurry clip when you were changing gimbal angle so perhaps slow down the gimbal movement to assist with a more cinematic viewing pleasure. Mauro's Films has a tutorial how to slow down and smooth the gimbal movements and best cinematic settings

2018-11-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Charissa Posted at 11-27 22:49
Thank you kindly Stephen.

You are much welcome Charissa. If you have concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying.
2018-11-28
Use props
AMZPOW
Second Officer

United States

wow, nice video, the MP2 can fly in the rain? I even don't know that DJI drones can be waterproof
2018-12-7
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

AMZPOW Posted at 2018-12-7 01:05
wow, nice video, the MP2 can fly in the rain? I even don't know that DJI drones can be waterproof

Only a slight misty rain, not the downpours we are used to in South Africa.
2020-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules