Video Metadata Error
730 9 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
petervb
lvl.1
United States

Hello DJI Forum Community Hoping someone has had experience with a similar issue and may know a fix.

I recently took my Spark on a hiking trip to the Faroe Islands. The footage is amazing, and I am super thrilled with the shots I was able to get. This week, I've been sorting through the 45 or so videos and there's one video that seems to be corrupted. The video metadata shows the length as "0:00" even though the video is over 10 minutes long. Strangly enough, the file seems entirely intact - I can play the video start to finish with no issue, I just can't navigate around the file or import it into any editing programs.

Has anyone else experienced this? All the other corrupted file posts I have seen aren't playable at all, so this seems particularly odd.

2018-11-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A few times - creating more storage on my mac enabled the import to go through. Rebooting the system before attempting the reboot also helps.
2018-11-26
Use props
petervb
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 11-26 16:03
A few times - creating more storage on my mac enabled the import to go through. Rebooting the system before attempting the reboot also helps.

I'm currently importing the files directly from my memory card to an external hard drive - Playing the video directly from the memory card yields the same result, even before moving to another storage device.
2018-11-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see - very strange why it won’t transfer
2018-11-26
Use props
petervb
lvl.1
United States

Anyone else dealt with recovering corrupted files?  Some of my best footage from the trip is on that video and I would hate for it to be unusable
2018-11-28
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

petervb Posted at 11-28 14:02
Anyone else dealt with recovering corrupted files?  Some of my best footage from the trip is on that video and I would hate for it to be unusable

Check if this will help.

http://djifix.live555.com/

This happend to my clip ones, when I turned off the drone without stopping the recording.
2018-11-28
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

IF you can play the video.. then maybe running it through a program to re-encode it will work.   FFMPEG is one..  there are probably others that are easier to use.
2018-11-28
Use props
petervb
lvl.1
United States

LouisP Posted at 11-28 15:15
IF you can play the video.. then maybe running it through a program to re-encode it will work.   FFMPEG is one..  there are probably others that are easier to use.

Hmm - any more user friendly versions of FFMPEG out there? Very unfamiliar with running command prompts.
2018-11-28
Use props
petervb
lvl.1
United States

LouisP Posted at 11-28 15:15
IF you can play the video.. then maybe running it through a program to re-encode it will work.   FFMPEG is one..  there are probably others that are easier to use.

I take it back. Took the time to figure how to use FFMPEG and was able to do exactly what you suggested. Worked perfectly. Thank you so much!!
2018-11-28
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

petervb Posted at 11-28 21:01
I take it back. Took the time to figure how to use FFMPEG and was able to do exactly what you suggested. Worked perfectly. Thank you so much!!

Yea... FfMpeg is a beast of a command line program and trying to read about all of the possible options is mind boggling, but just a quick search and you can usually find the command needed to do a given task.  I have used it in the past to turn thousands of .jpg files into a time lapse movie..  works really well. I am pretty sure that many of the other more user friendly programs out there for converting video files from one format to another are just wrappers that present a GUI interface to ffmpeg.
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules