5 months & M2 + Goggles RE are still NOT working correctly
174003 174003 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Have you had any issues with your M2 & Goggles RE combination?
2019-1-2
Use props
Alexey Dubkov
New

United States

I guess, I will cancel my Mavic 2 Pro Goggles RE bundle order till this issue will be resolved.
2019-1-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 1-2 20:53
Have you had any issues with your M2 & Goggles RE combination?

I haven't linked them yet.  
2019-1-3
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Alexey Dubkov Posted at 1-3 02:00
I guess, I will cancel my Mavic 2 Pro Goggles RE bundle order till this issue will be resolved.

I think that cancelling your order is a good idea. It’s very frustrating.
2019-1-3
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Hi DJI, can I please have an update on this issue? Thanks.
2019-1-5
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 1-5 23:25
Hi DJI, can I please have an update on this issue? Thanks.

You have more stamina than I would have.

What kind of consumer protection laws do you have down under?  Maybe you can return it for failure to work as advertised - if you bought it with the Mavic 2 in mind.

Good luck
2019-1-6
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

ff22 Posted at 1-6 09:58
You have more stamina than I would have.

What kind of consumer protection laws do you have down under?  Maybe you can return it for failure to work as advertised - if you bought it with the Mavic 2 in mind.

I have stamina because I think that the M2 & Goggles Re combination would be awesome together.

In Australia we’re protected from “not delivering on what was advertised”, with no time limit, as long as you can show that you’ve attempted to have the issue resolved. ;-)

DJI would also be required to have an Australian distributor, based in Australia, which are required to conform to the Australian laws. The law requires the following to happen in the following order:
- DJI are allowed to repair the damaged/non-functional drone
- if they are unable to repair the damaged goods, they can replaced the goods either with the same product or a superior product (superior at the consumers permission)
- if DJI are unable to repair or replace the product with a functional product, the consumer is allow to ask for a refund.

All of the above has to be done (from DJIs behalf) in a timely manner.

And that’s why I have stamina and am persisting.
2019-1-6
Use props
Pinzgower
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone tried putting the cylindrical antenna on the goggles? The Pagoda antenna is 5.8 only where the cylindrical is both 2.4 and 5.8. Could this solve the problem? Occusync is auto switching and we may only be receiving one of frequencies. I believe 2.4 is what gets us our distance.
2019-1-7
Use props
Pinzgower
lvl.1
United States

I just answered my own question. It appears the Pagoda antenna is a analog signal and the antennas the Mavic uses are actually in the headband of the goggles. Sorry for any confusion.
2019-1-7
Use props
Dragon4157
New

United States

Thanks everyone for bringing this issue to light.  I was all ready to buy a new Mavic 2 Zoom with goggles (my first drone ever).  After reading this thread and seeing the terrible response by DJI, I am postponing my purchase indefinitely.  
2019-1-7
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Dragon4157 Posted at 1-7 18:36
Thanks everyone for bringing this issue to light.  I was all ready to buy a new Mavic 2 Zoom with goggles (my first drone ever).  After reading this thread and seeing the terrible response by DJI, I am postponing my purchase indefinitely.

That’s a wise decision.  We’re hoping for a fix soon. Let’s hope that the next firmware update fixes this issue.  If it does, I’ll let you know.

Cheers.
2019-1-7
Use props
Dragon4157
New

United States

UNsyncED Posted at 1-7 19:26
That’s a wise decision.  We’re hoping for a fix soon. Let’s hope that the next firmware update fixes this issue.  If it does, I’ll let you know.

Cheers.

That would be great.  Thanks!
2019-1-8
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Dragon4157 Posted at 1-8 12:47

You’re welcome.
2019-1-8
Use props
Pinzgower
lvl.1
United States

I know it's not the answer we all want, but the new DJI Smart Controller has HDMI out that would connect to the goggles. DJI still needs to let us know what they are doing to resolve the real issue.
2019-1-9
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Pinzgower Posted at 1-9 06:00
I know it's not the answer we all want, but the new DJI Smart Controller has HDMI out that would connect to the goggles. DJI still needs to let us know what they are doing to resolve the real issue.

Agreed. I have a two fold reason for wanting to fly with the Goggles RE; so friends can watch the flight (which can’t be done via USB and for fixed wing mode (so I can fly like ). I know that Fixed Wing mode hasn’t been promised, but the dual M2 and Goggles RE have been promised.
2019-1-9
Use props
Pinzgower
lvl.1
United States

I got mine to work!! I went into the HD menu and set the Channel from Dual to 2.4 GHz. I then set the Channel Mode to Custom and choose 20 MHz. Once all this was done I turned on the goggles. I was able to fly over 2 miles and back with the goggles! All in glorious HD. Let me know if this works for any of the rest of you.
2019-1-11
Use props
Simk1n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200896 ft
Norway

Dragon4157 Posted at 1-7 18:36

I have the Zoom and its an awesome drone,

however, i also want the RE goggles, but i wont buy them until DJI fixes the problems.

DJI, time to wake up now!
2019-1-13
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Simk1n Posted at 1-13 10:05
I have the Zoom and its an awesome drone,

however, i also want the RE goggles, but i wont buy them until DJI fixes the problems.

It’s a good idea to wait until this issue is resolved.
2019-1-13
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

5 months and it’s still not working, and no response from DJI.
2019-1-14
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Hi DJI, do you have any updates on this issue?
2019-1-16
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Hey @DJI Susan, any news about this issue?

Anybody got it solved somehow?
2019-1-19
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

ygor Posted at 1-19 17:01

And @DJI Tony
2019-1-19
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Is there any updates?
2019-1-20
Use props
Pale_Norseman
lvl.1
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 1-20 17:00
Is there any updates?

Well, for those who are still holding on to some hope, I'm arranging to return my Mavic Pro 2/DJI Goggles RE combo for this issue (and the lack of smooth mode) and was told I'll need to shoulder the shipping costs since it's my decision to return the item and not a defect.  So looks like the river of denial is still running fast and deep.
2019-1-21
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Pale_Norseman Posted at 1-21 10:59
Well, for those who are still holding on to some hope, I'm arranging to return my Mavic Pro 2/DJI Goggles RE combo for this issue (and the lack of smooth mode) and was told I'll need to shoulder the shipping costs since it's my decision to return the item and not a defect.  So looks like the river of denial is still running fast and deep.

I know of other people being able to return it, without any costs. People pointed the support people to this forum thread and others threads.

Only if they had it working. I’m still holding out, does that make me an idiot?
2019-1-21
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Now that DJI have updated the DJI Go 4 app, do you think that the firmware will be updated soon?
2019-1-24
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Pale_Norseman Posted at 1-21 10:59
Well, for those who are still holding on to some hope, I'm arranging to return my Mavic Pro 2/DJI Goggles RE combo for this issue (and the lack of smooth mode) and was told I'll need to shoulder the shipping costs since it's my decision to return the item and not a defect.  So looks like the river of denial is still running fast and deep.

Smart move. The latest firmware update hasn’t addressed the M2 and Goggle RE issue.
2019-1-25
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

ygor Posted at 1-19 17:01

Annoyingly, DJI hasn’t fixed this issue with the latest firmware update.
2019-1-25
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Dragon4157 Posted at 1-8 12:47

DJI has released an new firmware update, but sadly they haven’t fixed the issue which is stopping you from making the purchase.
2019-1-25
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I've just placed an order on Amazon for a "used like new" set of Goggles RE, because I'm aware of the reported range issues but at the same time I know many friends that have no issues at all with Mavic 2. I'll receive it next Monday, I'll keep you updated. If I'll experience the same range issues, I'll return it instantly.
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_cAyX1IIsr5Qb
lvl.1
Argentina

Something new about Mavic 2  and Goggles...?
2019-1-29
Use props
fans49b741e6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1324019 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI support just told me this, but I have not had a chance to verify:

"It is recommended that users attach the antenna to the DJI Goggles RE 2 to avoid signal interference to the image transmission and gain a better flying experience. If users do not attach the antenna, it is recommended that users choose the 2.4 GHz frequency for a better experience."
2019-1-30
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

fans49b741e6 Posted at 1-30 11:43
DJI support just told me this, but I have not had a chance to verify:

"It is recommended that users attach the antenna to the DJI Goggles RE 2 to avoid signal interference to the image transmission and gain a better flying experience. If users do not attach the antenna, it is recommended that users choose the 2.4 GHz frequency for a better experience."

That’s interesting. It seems that no firmware update will fix this issue, and it’s a hardware issue.

The 2.4 gHz reduces image quality to 720, from 1080, and does limit the range.

As for the antenna, others have said that it still has a limited range.  I’ll test the antenna myself and see what happens for me.
2019-1-30
Use props
Simk1n
lvl.2
Norway

So no fix? Glad I did not spend money on the Goggles RE. Was just about to buy them.
2019-2-2
Use props
Unrealanthony
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi guys, well, I have Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro and Dji Goggles RE. I have the same problems as you about the limited scope with Mavic 2 and Goggles RE, a terrible transmission and I can not use the smooth mode. I tried everything I read in tutorials, forums, Dji support recommendations, etz., and like all of you, nothing works. Yesterday, I linked my Mavic Pro with the RE glasses and I tried it, the combo worked very well, excellent connection, no delay, no latency, perfect "smooth mode", 800 m distance in the city center without any minimal problem, It just worked great. So, here I have 2 news, one good and one bad. The good thing is that Goggles RE works perfectly with Mavic Pro, maybe the glasses are not the problem, the bad news is that I bought Mavic 2 Pro because it is an evolution and improvement of Mavic Pro but it does not work. I'm not an engineer, I don´t know where is the problem, if is a software or hardware problem, I have the hope that with a firmware update fix this isue. Please Dji, give us a solution.
2019-2-2
Use props
Simk1n
lvl.2
Norway

DJI have no solution. This is most likely a Hardware/interference issue that cannot be resolved. Its been like this for months now.

Dont buy the Goggles RE if you have Mavic 2, simple as that.
2019-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Simk1n Posted at 2-3 12:04
DJI have no solution. This is most likely a Hardware/interference issue that cannot be resolved. Its been like this for months now.

Dont buy the Goggles RE if you have Mavic 2, simple as that.

Or maybe planned obsolescence as DJI likes to copy Apple's methods a lot. So, eventually it will work with Goggles RE 2.
2019-2-3
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Hey @DJI is this really a hardware problem? Will you offer a recall / return program?
2019-2-3
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

ygor Posted at 2-3 13:57
Hey @DJI is this really a hardware problem? Will you offer a recall / return program?

It’s a sad state of affairs.
2019-2-4
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

kerberos Posted at 1-29 13:52
I've just placed an order on Amazon for a "used like new" set of Goggles RE, because I'm aware of the reported range issues but at the same time I know many friends that have no issues at all with Mavic 2. I'll receive it next Monday, I'll keep you updated. If I'll experience the same range issues, I'll return it instantly.

Just quoting myself, the goggles arrived in mint condition. On a first quick check, amazing quality and intuitive/functional menu system. I've planned the infamous range test on Wednesday 6th.
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules