10852 150 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

kerberos Posted at 2-4 04:38
Just quoting myself, the goggles arrived in mint condition. On a first quick check, amazing quality and intuitive/functional menu system. I've planned the infamous range test on Wednesday 6th.

How did you go with the range test?
2019-2-10
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Unfortunately I didn't, too much wind here in these days...
2019-2-13
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

kerberos Posted at 2-13 23:35
Unfortunately I didn't, too much wind here in these days...

That’s a shame.
2019-2-14
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Hi @DJI. Is there any updates to this issue? Thanks in advance.
2019-2-18
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Does anyone know when the next firmware update will released.
2019-2-20
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

My question is this, before I send these Goggles all the way back to China, has anyone on here seen or know of anyone who owns a pair of the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro who have not had an issue? Because it appears to me that everyone with this combo has the same exact issue, just wondering that if it’s a design flaw then sending them back would just be a waste of time.

Thanks

2019-3-3
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be happy with any sort of response from DJI.  This is one of their policy problems which turns me off as a customer.  Even if it’s not what we want to hear, it’s always better than nothing.

LoL- We need some closure DJI.
2019-3-3
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Mavical Posted at 3-3 14:43
Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

I’m so grateful for your post. I’ve just contacted DJI Technical Team with the above requested information.

Thanks again.
2019-3-3
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Glen Posted at 2018-11-27 14:55
I purchased the combo as well and very concerned it does not work as advertised.

We need a video showing the problems, then DJI might do something about it (especially if its on YouTube)

Hi Glen, have a look at post #126
2019-3-4
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Rfern Posted at 2018-11-27 17:11
Add me to the list as well!!!! I’ve been very vocal , and so has UNsyncED, on all the other threads, including the one I started .(And there are a lot of threads) Nothing has been done about it and I have to discourage anyone contemplating purchasing the Goggles RE for the MP2 or Zoom to reconsider. Read through the threads first . INEXCUSABLE to PAY that much for something without any customer support. DO NOT BUY THE GOGGLES UNTIL THEY FIX IT!!!!

Hi Ardern, Take a look at Post #126
2019-3-4
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

fansf8b5b7ea Posted at 2018-11-29 16:02
Having exactly the same issues with my M2P and Goggles RE. Fix this issue DJI!

Have a look at post #126
2019-3-4
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Mavical Posted at 2018-11-30 14:34
Since it might be a while (or never) in regards to DJI putting out a fix on the widespread M2P to Goggles RE range issue, I am looking for suggestions or a hack to connect / hard wire the RC to the M2P

I already tried connecting from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to the micro HDMI port on the Goggles RE with no success.

Have a look at post #126
2019-3-4
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

ygor Posted at 2018-12-4 08:44
Same problems here, haven't tried to fly with only the goggles and the rc without the iPhone / Go 4 app connected yet, still, we want to fly with automatic Dual Band, Rc+Go 4 App and the Goggles RE all in the same time, that's the whole point of Occusync 2 and what we paid for...

Happily it seems that Occusync is mostly SDR and thus a simple firmware update can fix problem on a very low level, including very probable protocol mistakes on the current FW.

Have a look at post #126
2019-3-4
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

04in719 Posted at 2018-12-4 21:54
I contacted support via email. At first I was asked about updating firmware, etc. I just flat out said I wanted to return them and referenced the many threads on the range issue and that no updates have resolved the issue in several months.
They promptly set up a return with a UPS label emailed to me, no further troubleshooting was asked from me.
Maybe if they get enough of them returned it'll ring a bell somewhere.

Have a look at post #126
2019-3-4
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DanW55 Posted at 2018-12-8 08:14
I just initiated the return procedure for my Mavic 2 Zoom and Goggles RE. I had contacted support, uploaded all the log files and after a day of silence asked for a return/refund. Had to get the request in before my 7 days after delivery time was up. Support apologized and asked for address info. Still waiting for the return instructions.

Have a look at post #126
2019-3-4
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 3-4 21:47
Have a look at post #126

Have you managed to get the goggles replaced? Has the unit arrived yet?
2019-3-12
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
United States

Mavical Posted at 3-3 14:43
Question for the group.

Have you got the goggles back yet?
2019-3-12
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

ygor Posted at 3-12 19:21
Have you managed to get the goggles replaced? Has the unit arrived yet?

I’m waiting on the postage label. It will be repaired locally. It took a couple of emails with Support@dji.com. I pointed them to 5 threads about the issue. Support was happy once they saw the threads. Issue was escalated to a board replacement, presumably without cost.
2019-3-12
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 3-12 19:32
I’m waiting on the postage label. It will be repaired locally. It took a couple of emails with Support@dji.com. I pointed them to 5 threads about the issue. Support was happy once they saw the threads. Issue was escalated to a board replacement, presumably without cost.

Good. I’ll wait for your feedback regarding the fix... as I live in Brazil, everything is way over complicated and more expensive around here
2019-3-12
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

I have an update.

Another user in another thread asked me if I had a Smart Controller, mine actually just arrived last week... my Goggles RE have been sitting in my closet collecting dust since I bought the smart controller, because I never even thought that there would be any difference or possible improvement with using the Smart Controller over the original controller, turns out I was wrong.

Yesterday I used my Smart Controller + Mavic 2 Pro, + Goggles RE together for the first time, I was able to easily obtain 3 miles in range with the Goggles RE for the first time since owning the Mavic 2 Pro. I was elated to say the least!

The only caveat is that I had to keep the Goggles in SD mode, although HD did work up until about 1 mile, then it became a little bit pixelated (still connected) then I switched it over to SD.

The sad part is this is a very expensive fix for those who do not feel like spending the money for a Smart Controller to get your Goggles RE to work.
2019-3-14
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mavical Posted at 3-14 09:28
I have an update.

Another user in another thread asked me if I had a Smart Controller, mine actually just arrived last week... my Goggles RE have been sitting in my closet collecting dust since I bought the smart controller, because I never even thought that there would be any difference or possible improvement with using the Smart Controller over the original controller, turns out I was wrong.

I have the Smart Controller too and cannot replicate your performance.  Even when forcing into SD / 2.4 etc.

Still needs fixing DJI.  I’m sure you’re almost there after all this time.
2019-3-14
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Mavical Posted at 3-14 09:28
I have an update.

The HD range will increase when the circuit board/PCB is replaced in the goggles, supposably.
2019-3-14
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Mike1983 Posted at 3-14 10:04
I have the Smart Controller too and cannot replicate your performance.  Even when forcing into SD / 2.4 etc.

Still needs fixing DJI.  I’m sure you’re almost there after all this time.

I’ve dropped my Goggles off at the service center for a electronics replacement, to a newer revision, which supposedly fixes this issue.
2019-3-14
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.2
United Kingdom

UNsyncED Posted at 3-14 23:32
I’ve dropped my Goggles off at the service center for a electronics replacement, to a newer revision, which supposedly fixes this issue.

That’s good info, thanks.
How was this organised, just an RMA support request?  Any idea of the turn around time?  Would be good to see the outcome of this as it sounds like a recall should be initiated by DJI.

Thanks
2019-3-15
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

ygor Posted at 3-12 19:33
Good. I’ll wait for your feedback regarding the fix... as I live in Brazil, everything is way over complicated and more expensive around here

Hey Ygor,

To summarize my experience with DJI in regards to this has been shockingly terrible.

Getting support to approve a return for a fix was reasonable easy. *thumbs up*

I filled in the paperwork as request. On the paperwork, it says that DJI would send out the courier sticker/paperwork so I didn’t have to pay for postage. I’m yet to receive it almost after a fortnight.

Fortunately the service center is a 45 minute drive, I.e. 1 1/2 hour round trip, so I decided to drive it there, as I would know that it’s arrived safely.

I dropped the Goggles off at the service center, they had no reception and the Goggles were delivered to a dirty warehouse, not giving me any confidence in DJIs care for my Goggles. .

They assess my Goggles (god knows how they did that?!) Did they take the Goggles out with fly with a drone to test if reception failed, I doubt it.

I received a quote, which surprised me as the problem in inherent in their product, for $320. Let’s just say that I wasn’t happy.
I wrote to the quote people explain the issue, and they said that as my Goggles were purchased in 2017 that it’s not covered by a free repair service.

I have written back to DJI outlining my case, as require when commencing legal action through the small claims court.  I trust that they will now take my case seriously.

I’ll let you know how this works out.

PS, why isn’t DJI doing a product recall on the Goggles for repair, with a priority on those who own both the Goggles RE and Mavic 2?!

2019-3-18
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Mike1983 Posted at 3-15 12:40
That’s good info, thanks.
How was this organised, just an RMA support request?  Any idea of the turn around time?  Would be good to see the outcome of this as it sounds like a recall should be initiated by DJI.

Have a look at post 145
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, if your Mavic 2 loses its image transmission signal after flying a few hundred meters away with the Goggles RE turned on, please make troubleshooting first:
1. Check if the 5.8G antenna is mounted on the Goggles RE correctly.
2. Check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands.

If the issue persists, we recommend to send back the Goggles RE to our official repair center for the diagnosis, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index if it is available for you or contact our support team www.dji.com/support. Once the ticket is created, please keep us updated with the case number, we will follow up, thank you.
2019-3-20
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 22:53
Hi all, if your Mavic 2 loses its image transmission signal after flying a few hundred meters away with the Goggles RE turned on, please make troubleshooting first:
1. Check if the 5.8G antenna is mounted on the Goggles RE correctly.
2. Check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands.

I'm about to start a new thread, and am happy for you to put your post on it.

It should be posted within the hour.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

UNsyncED Posted at 3-21 17:02
I'm about to start a new thread, and am happy for you to put your post on it.

It should be posted within the hour.

I see, I will follow up your new thread.
2019-3-22
Use props
HFI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Disappointing to hear that there is still an issue with the M2 and the RE Goggles. I would have expected this problem to be resolved by now. What I don't understand is why the issue seems to only effect the M2 and not other models ( Phantom, M1, etc )
2019-3-23
Use props
djiuser_kr5VilCM64tK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1598750 ft

Any updates on this thread?
  Has anybody gotten a "repaired " set of goggles?
If yes, how is the range now?
2019-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules