1958 43 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also just got Litchi after flying drones for 2+ years, and I'm wondering why I didn't get it sooner. I'm having some trouble planning my gimbal angles. Are you just doing manual control of the gimbal through the whole flight? Might be easier than trying to predict my gimbal movements. Here's my first public Litchi mission. Skip the beginning because I talk too much.

2018-12-2
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

Bing Err Posted at 12-2 18:59
I also just got Litchi after flying drones for 2+ years, and I'm wondering why I didn't get it sooner. I'm having some trouble planning my gimbal angles. Are you just doing manual control of the gimbal through the whole flight? Might be easier than trying to predict my gimbal movements. Here's my first public Litchi mission. Skip the beginning because I talk too much.

I had the same question. I think the best thing for me is a short test flight to
A. set the exposure
B. set the gimbal angle
then get close to the first waypoint and engage the Litchi plan. Let me clarify that: The Litchi app allows you to edit your flight plan  on your phone or tablet on the screen. You can unlock the flight plan and  pull up your waypoints.
Very nice footage! Are those snowflakes I saw whipping through the rotor wash? That gimbal angle looked good to me. I found that (depending on conditions) I get 'shadows' of the rotors in the shot if the angle is to low i.e. approaching 0.
2018-12-3
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

I've been using Litchi for several years. I recently ran a two mile flight at 45 feet around a kidney shaped lake with the camera focused on the shoreline. Kind of a lake tour.Great program, but you need to do your homework regarding obstacles that dont show on google earth. Lots of variables to consider when planning a flight. My first autonomous flight was over some woods and swamps, again about two miles. Once its out of sight and telemetry, its nerve wracking until it comes home!
2018-12-3
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

stuka75 Posted at 12-3 06:48
I've been using Litchi for several years. I recently ran a two mile flight at 45 feet around a kidney shaped lake with the camera focused on the shoreline. Kind of a lake tour.Great program, but you need to do your homework regarding obstacles that dont show on google earth. Lots of variables to consider when planning a flight. My first autonomous flight was over some woods and swamps, again about two miles. Once its out of sight and telemetry, its nerve wracking until it comes home!

Really true about obstacles, Stuka, good tip. Power lines, flag poles and antennae that weren't around when the Geosat took the picture. For example, you can look at the bottom of the Google Earth image and it will show the date. True also about variables. It helps to visualize in three dimensions.
An actual Mark 1 eyeball on the terrain before flight is a darn good idea.
2018-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules