Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Overload
707 4 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbdfc0808
lvl.1
Canada

Hi all -I am in Canada ( BC ) and having a hard time getting support on next steps on my m2p issue.
I just bought the drone in Sept!
No crashes, the gimal cover was not on.

After my 3rd flight I all of a sudden get gimbal overload issue when i turn it. The camera titls to the side. I cannot do a gimbal callibration as it gets stuck at 10%
When I try to create an online repair request I get a message to contact dji support tho sends me back to the repair site.

How do I create a repair reqeust ?
Has this gimbal over load error happen to you and if so what did you do to fix it?
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 6.40.45 PM.png
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, please check if there is any dirt or sand stuck in the gimbal, did you try to refresh the firmware? If the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent in for further revaluation.
The online repair form is not available for your country, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket manually, thank you.
2018-11-26
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I know with the phantom 4 pro sometimes i had gimbal overload and you had to put it upside down en startup the drone. I saw before some youtube film about someone who had gimbal overload with the mavic pro 1 and he tilted the drone a little bit to the righthandside and started the drone. Maybe you can try this
2018-11-26
Use props
fansbdfc0808
lvl.1
Canada

i was able to get a replacement from DJI. Confirmed that they did replace my M2P.
Cannot confirm with me if it is a refurb or a new drone. When I received it I know it is not new. Very dusty and some of the decals (like the ones you have on the drone when brand new) were missing.
Also the remote I received was scratched and the back decals were scratched. Used used used. I spent almost 2k  CAD on a brand new drone, had a defective gimbal, had to send it back to only receive a unit that is not new and previously used.
Wow , I am beyond disappointed with my  DJI experience. This is my 2nd drone with DJI,  I love the products but when you need help and support with products it makes it not worth the investment. Very disappointing experience.
2018-12-17
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

fansbdfc0808 Posted at 12-17 15:12
i was able to get a replacement from DJI. Confirmed that they did replace my M2P.
Cannot confirm with me if it is a refurb or a new drone. When I received it I know it is not new. Very dusty and some of the decals (like the ones you have on the drone when brand new) were missing.
Also the remote I received was scratched and the back decals were scratched. Used used used. I spent almost 2k  CAD on a brand new drone, had a defective gimbal, had to send it back to only receive a unit that is not new and previously used.

They can't do that surely? I'm not sure what your Canada Consumer Guarantee Laws are but here in New Zealand I'm pretty sure if you spend $2K CAD on a Drone and within 3 months it malfunctions there is just no way you would get a second hand replacement especially a scratched one! Did you buy from a dealer or direct from DJI? I would be sending it back.

DJI I'm a prospective buyer and there are MANY others watching this forum please tell me this is not normal DJI practice and there has been a mistake and this drone owner will receive a brand new drone or at least his original drone fixed?   
2018-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules