DJI Care Refresh and repairs
4086 8 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gadgetmann123
lvl.2
United States

My Mavic Pro is enroute currently to DJI repair in Texas. There is an issue with it not flying straight and the camera does not point straight, the aircraft has a Yaw to it.
I have DJI Care refresh which was $99 and I filled out the repair request and it required a $79 fee also.  I was told once it arrives, they will send me a replacement aircraft. They told me to also send the propellers.  
I sent an aircraft in a few months ago that had a gimbal issue, was told to NOT send the propellers.  They said my aircraft was under warranty and sent me a replacement aircraft for free.
I was also told they will diagnose the aircraft and let me know how much repairs will be and that the $79 fee was a portion of shipping?  HUH? It is going from Michigan to Texas.
I hate to ask again as to how this will be handled as I may get a 3rd version, can anyone clarify what the process/procedure is?  thanks

2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Gadgetmann123, we're sorry for the confusion with DJI Care Refresh terms of service. I was able to check the previous cases you had with DJI Mavic Air. Upon reviewing, it appears that the first repair case you had was covered under warranty way back Aug 2018, but the active case you have created online is a DJI Care Refresh Express case which we haven't received the unit yet. Damage assessment and data analysis will only be done if you request a regular case which require us to do investigation if there is a product malfunction.

Please note that DJI Care Refresh Express case is a request to claim a replacement using your care plan with a little cost. In express case, propellers and battery are not recommended to ship if both items were perfectly working or severely damaged. The process will take approximately 1-2 business days excluding the shipping. You will receive email notification every time there is an update on your case. We hope for your patience.
2018-11-27
Use props
Gadgetmann123
lvl.2
United States

So lets start with the previous case, yes it was covered under warranty and the aircraft was replaced.  I asked but was never told what the issue was with that aircraft.
Yes, the active case I created online is a DJI Care Refresh case because I tried to create a regular case but your website would not accept it and kept taking me back to only one option, DJI Care Refresh.
Also, on your website it told me to INCLUDE the propellers, which I did.
You should check your website so it allows the option to create a regular case or a DJI Care Refresh Express case because it would NOT allow me to create a regular case.  
I believe that my aircraft's issue is minor and damage assessment and data analysis would find something simple and replacement of the aircraft would not be needed.
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Gadgetmann123 Posted at 11-28 06:44
So lets start with the previous case, yes it was covered under warranty and the aircraft was replaced.  I asked but was never told what the issue was with that aircraft.
Yes, the active case I created online is a DJI Care Refresh case because I tried to create a regular case but your website would not accept it and kept taking me back to only one option, DJI Care Refresh.
Also, on your website it told me to INCLUDE the propellers, which I did.

Sorry about this but please note that when you are about create an online repair case, you will be able to see the options if you wanted to use DJI Care or request Data Analysis for your drone if you believe that the issue was caused by a product malfunction. Since the case has been opened and tagged as DJI Care Refresh express, it will skip damage assessment and the invoice department to speed up the process. Afterwards, you will receive email from us once unit is ready to be shipped.

For your concern about your previous case, the original drone got replaced due to the gimbal motor overload. It also appears that instead of repairing the drone, it was replaced to avoid having some issues may occur.
2018-11-28
Use props
Gadgetmann123
lvl.2
United States

Ok, we are not on the same page here.  As I noted earlier, when I created the online repair case, I did select the option for Data analysis and NOT DJI Care.  It would not proceed with the analysis step, it went back to the 2 options of DJI Care and Data Analysis, I tried this THREE(3) times.  My only option was to continue with DJI Care.
So please clarify, so it will skip damage assessment and the invoice department and afterwards I will receive an email once the unit is ready to be shipped?  Are they going to ship my aircraft(the one I sent in) or will a replacement unit be sent?

I appreciate the update on my previous case and glad they replaced it instead of repairing it.  

On a side note since the first case was covered under warranty, did I need to purchase DJI care or is the aircraft still under warranty?
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Gadgetmann123 Posted at 11-28 12:29
Ok, we are not on the same page here.  As I noted earlier, when I created the online repair case, I did select the option for Data analysis and NOT DJI Care.  It would not proceed with the analysis step, it went back to the 2 options of DJI Care and Data Analysis, I tried this THREE(3) times.  My only option was to continue with DJI Care.
So please clarify, so it will skip damage assessment and the invoice department and afterwards I will receive an email once the unit is ready to be shipped?  Are they going to ship my aircraft(the one I sent in) or will a replacement unit be sent?

Apologies for the confusion, I'm quite not sure about the reason why you were not able to create a regular case, which all customers with DJI accounts are capable.

To clarify about the Repair cases, here are the different type of cases:

1.) Regular Repair case for Non-DJI Care - A regular case process, paid or free repair depending on the warranty period or Data Analysis.
2.) DJI Care case - A repair case for drone with DJI Care plan. DJI Care plan will cover the repair fee.
3.) DJI Care Refresh case - A repair case for drone with DJI Care Refresh plan. Customer can either request to pay regular repair or use DJI Care Refresh to get a replacement with a little cost.
4.) DJI Care Refresh Express case - An express case that will require customer to pay for the replacement unit right after submitting the request online to skip damage assessment and invoicing.

For your last question, after the unit got replaced, it will continue the warranty of the original drone. Also, the care plan should be transferred to the replacement unit.
2018-11-28
Use props
Gadgetmann123
lvl.2
United States

Well I could not create a regular case as there is something wrong with your website so I suggest that someone look into that from your end.

It is not explained at all on your website about all the different DJI care plans you have.  I must have the DJI Care Refresh Express since I was required to pay $79 right after I submitted it?
So again, what is the warranty period for my original aircraft?
2018-11-29
Use props
Gadgetmann123
lvl.2
United States

I just received this email and please note:
It does INCLUDE the PROPELLERS as I was told to send them.

Dear Customer,

The item you sent to DJI for replacement has been received and your case number is CAS-2517523-D9F4Z7. The product details are as below:

Product Details

Quantity: 4

Serial Number:

Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding Remote Controller, Battery, Battery Charger, Propellers, SD Card, and AC Cable)

Quantity: 1

Serial Number: 08Q2F7G0016206

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Gadgetmann123 Posted at 11-29 12:08
I just received this email and please note:
It does INCLUDE the PROPELLERS as I was told to send them.

That's a good news that our repair center already receive the package. Please take note that our DJI care refresh express will take 1-2 business days and you will receive another email once Mavic pro replacement is ready to be shipped. For regular repair case, if you got some message for DJI care refresh express just click on back to continue with the regular case.

If still getting some issue you can contact our support team to create a case for you at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for understanding.
1.png
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules