Need guidance
962 9 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 617405 ft
United States

I'm salivating for an Inspire2 + X7 + a couple of lenses.
What else do I need to get for a decent  hobbyist setup who really wants resolution?
2018-11-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

1. Luck for sure to get well behaving machine and camera ( most of them are, some aren't ) ...

2. A decent computer and software package to process your rough imagery ...

3. A persistence in step learning curve ...

That'll be all for start.

Suggestion: if applicable, find a reseller with good reputation nearby and negotiate field test with personal assistance before purchase. Eventually consider extra time and traveling expenses. Upon arrival, activate the drone off the box with your DJI account first, upgrade all firmwares (aircraft/RC/batts) and Go4 app. Pay particular attention to a flight and hovering stability during test, check the functionality of X7 camera/gimbal. If testing before purchase is not achievable for whatever reason, make sure you perform all tests yourself ASAP. Return the purchase within specified grace period if you discover any performance issue(s) not up to specs.

If you're a lucky one (like myself), you'll get an amazing tool for truly professional aerial imagery ...
2018-11-27
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-27 16:17
1. Luck for sure  to get well behaving machine and camera ( most of them are, some aren't ) ...

2. A decent computer and software package to process your rough imagery ...

Thanks so much for taking the time to write. I appreciate it for sharing from your experiences.

I wonder what is the return policy like if I buy direct from DJI.

Also, what's up with paying extra if I want AppleProRes or CinemaDNG? Is DJI charging extra for licenses which they have to pay Apple? Do these come with the h/w codec chips?

Please enlighten.
2018-11-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJ_Fan Posted at 11-27 18:21
Thanks so much for taking the time to write. I appreciate it for sharing from your experiences.

I wonder what is the return policy like if I buy direct from DJI.

Don't get me wrong, but you'll benefit from doing some homework rather than rely on somebody's else information. It's all there on DJI website, going from advertising BS thru specs down to FAQ ...  
2018-11-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out what the top end combo offered by DJI on the I2 X7 offers, research each item and weigh up what will benefit you and get what you need - unless you have £21K spare and get the lot - don't forget the battery charging station too if you do
https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2?vid=34841
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for bringing this query to us. You might be of interest in reading this product review from our website for some tips and tricks. Thank you for your continued support.

Inspire 2 Product Review
2018-11-29
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-27 19:28
Don't get me wrong, but you'll benefit from doing some homework rather than rely on somebody's else information. It's all there on DJI website, going from advertising BS thru specs down to FAQ ...

Thanks. I will.
2018-11-29
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 11-28 01:41
Check out what the top end combo offered by DJI on the I2 X7 offers, research each item and weigh up what will benefit you and get what you need - unless you have £21K spare and get the lot - don't forget the battery charging station too if you do  
https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2?vid=34841

Good idea to consider. ~Thanks~
2018-11-29
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-29 06:13
Hi, thanks for bringing this query to us. You might be of interest in reading this product review from our website for some tips and tricks. Thank you for your continued support.

Inspire 2 Product Review

Thank you for the info link. I will look into this.
2018-11-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJ_Fan Posted at 11-29 06:28
Good idea to consider. ~Thanks~

You’re welcome
2018-11-29
Use props