Osmo Pocket Released - Because Life is Big
31696 377 2018-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fly Guy 702
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone confirm activation by using a USB C male to USB A female OTG adapter inserted at the bottom of the Osmo Pocket connected to a USB Micro plug android phone.  There's been some posts on the Internet that this can be done.  But, I'd like confirmation through this/DJI forum, that it can be accomplished.  And, if it can be activated this way, can you also use the Mimo app to manipulate the Osmo  Pocket's functions on the android phone?
2018-12-17
Use props
pompi
lvl.1
Hungary

Hi!

I'm using the Osmo Pocket with Android phones (tried on Samsung S8 and Huawei P20). Is there any way to deny to charge the phone from the Pocket? This is not a good idea to charge the phone with the Pocket tiny (about 800mAh) battery. When I connect the Pocket to the phone it is starts to charge the phone, and I can't change the USB setting on the phone to reverse charge because it is jump back to charge the phone.

2018-12-17
Use props
noble7867
lvl.1
United States

pompi Posted at 12-17 10:45
Hi!

I'm using the Osmo Pocket with Android phones (tried on Samsung S8 and Huawei P20). Is there any way to deny to charge the phone from the Pocket? This is not a good idea to charge the phone with the Pocket tiny (about 800mAh) battery. When I connect the Pocket to the phone it is starts to charge the phone, and I can't change the USB setting on the phone to reverse charge because it is jump back to charge the phone.

Please do let me know if you find a solution.  I'm also on the S8 and have the same experience...defaults to charging the phone from the camera.  I have yet to find an option to set the USB setting once the camera is plugged in.
2018-12-17
Use props
Rook94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240840 ft
Germany

Does anybody find the button for turning off that weird recording sound?
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_bvH3i1IN6N4W
New
Singapore

noble7867 Posted at 12-17 11:04
Please do let me know if you find a solution.  I'm also on the S8 and have the same experience...defaults to charging the phone from the camera.  I have yet to find an option to set the USB setting once the camera is plugged in.

Awaiting solution for this as well...
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 12-17 05:18
Hi DJI Mindy, Miche has just activated her Osmo Pocket using her Samsung Galaxy S7 using the adaptor that comes with the Mavic Air charging cable.

So guys there is a workaround until DJI can come up with a compatible adaptor

Thanks for sharing, glad to know it works, but the APP compatibility be not be fully ensured, hope there will be no issue.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rook94 Posted at 12-17 06:25
I got mine today. Had 3 more Days left until my journey. Thx to DJI and you guys for answering my questions

Glad to know you have received it, Rook94, hope you have a great time with it.And at the moment, the recording sound cannot be turned off, we have noticed it and hope there will be some updates in the future.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa8843d1b Posted at 12-17 08:30
Played with mine all weekend long, the long exposure and night photography was...magical.  wow, great job guys.  Please, please get that mount out soon so I can use it in various situations (tripod, etc)

Glad to know you have a great time with Osmo Pocket, please leave your email in our online store and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pompi Posted at 12-17 10:45
Hi!

I'm using the Osmo Pocket with Android phones (tried on Samsung S8 and Huawei P20). Is there any way to deny to charge the phone from the Pocket? This is not a good idea to charge the phone with the Pocket tiny (about 800mAh) battery. When I connect the Pocket to the phone it is starts to charge the phone, and I can't change the USB setting on the phone to reverse charge because it is jump back to charge the phone.

Hi pompi, I understand your concern, this situation only persists in Android mobile phone, this is decided by the Android's AOA protocol and the communication protocol of the phone adapters.
You can use the Wireless Module for longer operating time, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

noble7867 Posted at 12-17 11:04
Please do let me know if you find a solution.  I'm also on the S8 and have the same experience...defaults to charging the phone from the camera.  I have yet to find an option to set the USB setting once the camera is plugged in.

Hello there, this situation only persists in Android mobile phone and it is decided by the Android's AOA protocol and the communication protocol of the phone adapters.
You can use the Wireless Module for longer operating time, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_bvH3i1IN6N4W Posted at 12-17 15:53
Awaiting solution for this as well...

Hello there, please check my post in 326#, I'm afraid there is nothing we can do for this situation, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

algogoku Posted at 12-17 07:11
I got mine today too. It's awesome. And I agree another person I don't remember his nick about the hole on the case to see the charging light.

Another question for Mindy. Spanish language is not included, the 3rd language in the world, spoken by many millions in the world and it's not on the device on 2018. Will it be soon after an update, please?

Hi algogoku, glad to know you have received Osmo Pocket, Spanish is not available, your suggestion of the language and the small hole in the case to check the charging light will be forwarded to our engineers,  enjoy filming.
2018-12-18
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I tried to connect USBC to my Mac using a USB C to USB C cable and the funny part is it's getting charged but I cant access my pictures / videos.
So have to use a stupid micro sd adpater all the time. If I connect it to my PC I can access the data. ODD!
2018-12-18
Use props
On The Bus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I saw this being advertised - looks great!
2018-12-18
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-18 00:53
Thanks for sharing, glad to know it works, but the APP compatibility be not be fully ensured, hope there will be no issue.

Hi DJI Mindy, it works, but like I said, is just a 'workaround' and not a long term solution, but will allow users with micro connectors to activate the pocket Osmo.

DJI will need to provide additional adaptors for devices running micro connectors. OS and type C adaptors will not work for the majority of android users. Micro adaptor next in the store please.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans8b7da522
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148596 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_3mIHu6JZPWZT Posted at 12-16 07:00
It was good idea to put a charging port on the bottom of the case, but you should had made a small hole in the case so we can see the charging light. When I first got the Osmo Pocket, I charged it in the case, but I ended up charging it out of the case because I couldn't see the charging light when it was in the case. So I couldn't tell when it was finished charging. Charging the Osmo Pocket out of the case makes it vulnerable. I may have to get a hole punch and make a hole in the case so I can see the light. One more nit pick, you should have named it the Pocket Osmo instead of the other way around.

I think the design is very good. To check the charging stage, you only need to open the clip of the case, you don't nee to take it out...
2018-12-18
Use props
fans3d7e7463
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1339793 ft
  • >>>
United States

Too bad that none of the accessories are currently available.  Some substitutes can be 3d printed.  I found a tripod mount and a base on thingiverse.com.
2018-12-18
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

trica de Posted at 12-18 03:40
I tried to connect USBC to my Mac using a USB C to USB C cable and the funny part is it's getting charged but I cant access my pictures / videos.
So have to use a stupid micro sd adpater all the time. If I connect it to my PC I can access the data. ODD!

Switch on, wait a moment –> connect with pc...
2018-12-18
Use props
fanseb96bbe7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5653 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just received my Pocket today. Still learning operation. Notice one thing though. I found a third party holder for iPhone attachment to the Pocket. Seems to me that if you use the lightening connector it will break or malfunction. Need a way to stabilize the phone to the Pocket.
2018-12-18
Use props
Ryujin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127543 ft
Russia

DJI Mindy, Good afternoon. Also add Russian language to the camera menu.
2018-12-19
Use props
Ryujin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127543 ft
Russia

DJI Mindy, there is an idea, it will sound strange, maybe not particularly interesting, as well as with a complex implementation. Add presets for PRO mode. Picture settings for dawn, morning, day, evening, foggy weather, cloudy, night without lighting, night with lighting. People would be easier to adjust to the situation when shooting.
2018-12-19
Use props
DronaVista
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332772 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Can please someone answet my question about Osmo Pocket ?

How to stop Osmo Pocket from charging my phone ?
https://forum.dji.com/thread-175224-1-1.html
2018-12-19
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

@DJI Mindy when will the accessories be added to the store!
2018-12-19
Use props
Zephiel
lvl.1
Philippines

I just hope we can fully use all the settings in Pro Mode
without the need of our phone attached.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DronaVista Posted at 12-19 02:47
Can please someone answet my question about Osmo Pocket ?

How to stop Osmo Pocket from charging my phone ?

Hi DronaVista, sorry for my late response, I see Stephen has replied your thread, please let us know if you have further concern.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zephiel Posted at 12-19 23:25

Hi Zephiel, we have forwarded your need to our engineers for consideration, please note the future update, thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 12-19 06:50
@DJI Mindy when will the accessories be added to the store!

Hi M2Wair, sorry that we do not have the related info of the accessories, please pay attention to our online store of the update, thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-20 01:09
Hi M2Wair, sorry that we do not have the related info of the accessories, please pay attention to our online store of the update, thank you.

Thank you, will of course keep watching.
2018-12-20
Use props
New
Singapore

Hi,

When transferring videos from Osmo Pocket to an android phone Via DJI MIMO, how
do i transfer the files to the phone's SD card instead of the internal memory as default?

2018-12-20
Use props
fans98b50ee6
New
Flight distance : 11296 ft
Canada

I finished setup and activation of my Osmo pocket, and then charged it over night. Now, I couldn’t turn it on at all. What can I do?
2018-12-20
Use props
MISIEKitaly
New
Italy

I received osmo pocket, but it does not turn on, I tried to keep it on charge, when it is charging green LED flashes but does not turn on. do I have to request replacement?
2018-12-20
Use props
Rook94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240840 ft
Germany

in my opinion we need something  like this to protect our usbc or lightning port. I dont think they are optimized for holding 200/300g
2018-12-20
Use props
miskop
lvl.2
Slovakia

try this :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... .0.0.334c2e0eYtFVxk
or

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... b_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_319_10059_10884_317_10887_100031_10696_321_322_453_10084_10083_454_10103_10618_10307_10820_10821_538_10303_537_536,searchweb201603_51,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=88e4994a-9f28-41e9-894f-134a8d015cdb-3&algo_pvid=88e4994a-9f28-41e9-894f-134a8d015cdb
2018-12-21
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zephiel Posted at 12-19 23:25

There's a sort of way of doing this.
Use the OP into the phone and make the pro adjustments, then pull out the OP from the phone. Pro setting stay until you want to change modes.
2018-12-24
Use props
engin ersoz
New
Turkey

Hi,

I can't change texts in story templates.  Could You help me?

Regards
2018-12-26
Use props
noble7867
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-18 01:05
Hello there, this situation only persists in Android mobile phone and it is decided by the Android's AOA protocol and the communication protocol of the phone adapters.

Thanks Mindy, but it seems to me that if the issue was purely with the Android AOA protocol, then connecting to the base of the Osmo via USB-C cable would generate the same issue.  It does not.  To the contrary, using a cable to access the lower charge port of the Osmo to connect to my Galaxy S8 renders full functionality of the Mimo app.  Can you please clarify your position with regards to the function of the Osmo Pocket.  Thanks.
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

noble7867 Posted at 1-3 13:24
Thanks Mindy, but it seems to me that if the issue was purely with the Android AOA protocol, then connecting to the base of the Osmo via USB-C cable would generate the same issue.  It does not.  To the contrary, using a cable to access the lower charge port of the Osmo to connect to my Galaxy S8 renders full functionality of the Mimo app.  Can you please clarify your position with regards to the function of the Osmo Pocket.  Thanks.

Not only the AOA protocol, but also the phone adapters, I'm afraid we are unable to optimize it temporarily, if there is any update in the future, we will release in the release notes.
2019-1-4
Use props
noble7867
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 05:20
Not only the AOA protocol, but also the phone adapters, I'm afraid we are unable to optimize it temporarily, if there is any update in the future, we will release in the release notes.

To be clear, when you say phone adapters, you are referring to the usb-c device that DJI shipped with the camera, not something on my phone? I'm still trying to gauge whether a potential solution exists for my current equipment or any future devices that I may purchase. I know that this may be resolved with the Bluetooth adapter, but given that that device is still not released has me troubled. Thanks for your time in helping me understand.
2019-1-4
Use props
noble7867
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 05:20

To be clear, when you say phone adapters, you are referring to the usb-c device that DJI shipped with the camera, not something on my phone? I'm still trying to gauge whether a potential solution exists for my current equipment or any future devices that I may purchase. I know that this may be resolved with the Bluetooth adapter, but given that that device is still not released has me troubled. Thanks for your time in helping me understand.
2019-1-4
Use props
fans2f538662
lvl.1

Germany

i feel cheated... when will update with D-Cinelike?
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules