Osmo Pocket Released - Because Life is Big
31656 377 2018-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
天空之城Alex Hu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454367 ft
United States

So how's the video quality compare to osmo+? Or gopro?
2018-11-30
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

Just in time for Christmas!
2018-11-30
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why was 1080/120fps dropped?
Never mind, found my answer in another thread.
Will be added in a firmware update.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-173584-1-1.html

2018-12-1
Use props
etetet
New
Thailand

It would be better if DJI can create 3D Mode or Background Blurring when DJI osmo pocket connected to mobile phone and use mobile's camera as secondary camera to give depth for image
2018-12-1
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindy,   I preordered one and need to know if I can register it with my iPad as I do not have a smart phone, just a old dumb one.  Otherwise I may need to cancel the order if I cannot register it so how.
2018-12-1
Use props
98 SNAKE EATER
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Damn you DJI!!

Gunna make me spend even MORE money

BTW, I just realized I've seen the pocket before in the old leaked photos of the Mavic 2

Back then, I was actually hoping the entire gimble assembly could be removed to be used hand held....

2018-12-1
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi . That explains why I couldn't ask a few questions I have about the Osmo Pocket and about DJI product usage in the UK in general.
So, can I kindly ask them here please.

I'm new to the DJI family of products and as such I was surprised at a few things I've found.
I have ordered the Osmo Pocket via your online presence on the UK Amazon site. Then after a longer look around the main DJI website with regard to the Osmo Pocket I found out that.
The battery is built in with an estimated lifespan of approximately 200 recharges but no DJI support to get it changed. How would I go about that?
That there is no battery charger supplied. It needs a 2amp 5 volt charger but no mention of what type or where to get one. I assume because it can take power from a phone using a usb C socket that it can be charged via the same socket, yes? If so, most phone chargers are only rated at one amp. Would that be ok to use or would I end up not fully charging the battery.
Next. The website says that the phone app is not ready yet. Then how to register and activate it when it comes?
Last. None of the add-ons are available yet according to the website. Will they be in time for when the Pocket is released?

Not related to the pocket but in general of DJI products, there seems no direct contact is available with only the forum here. That's fine if it works well but I'm beginning to wonder if I should just cancel my order. I'm fairly sure the Osmo Pocket will dock with my Huawei phone and the app when it's available should work but I would have least like to have ordered a few extras to go with it.
2018-12-1
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Ray60. FWIW most phone chargers are 2A.
I haven't seen a 1A since my Nokia N9 years ago.
2018-12-1
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Double post.
2018-12-1
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Iman_Oldie Posted at 12-1 16:49
Ray60. FWIW most phone chargers are 2A.
I haven't seen a 1A since my Nokia N9 years ago.

My Huawei is 1A. I checked. But thanks for the reply. I'll just wait to see where I'll be able to get the battery replaced now as I'm sure this would get a lot of use from me. Also, how is anyone coping without the software? What did the reviewers use?
2018-12-1
Use props
djiuser_bt9iLHBVfZ1E
New
United States

I have the osmo 2. During live streaming the broadcast is choppy and jumpy.  It's so bad I have to record in order to get a clean copy.
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

flighttime1 Posted at 11-30 09:13
Mindy... No harm meant but I would think the choice to not have any available footage or stills would be a marketing decision, not the engineers. I'm pretty sure you haven't released a camera that's never been tested so where can we find examples of what it actually produces?

The footage will need to be provided by our engineers and whether to post officially will be decided by the marketing, your request has been transferred to the related team for consideration, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Iman_Oldie Posted at 12-1 02:10
Why was 1080/120fps dropped?
Never mind, found my answer in another thread.
Will be added in a firmware update.

That is correct, no worries.
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

john580 Posted at 11-30 12:05
I have bought one but can not use as I need the Mimo app to authorise the gimbal. The app isn’t available to download yet so I can’t use the osmo.

Does anybody know when the app will be released for iPhone.

John, at the moment we do not have the update regarding the release of the DJI Mimo. For the latest news and updates please visit our official DJI website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-2
Use props
thoitrangmanly
New

Vietnam

Where can i buy Osmo Pocket in Vietnam please guys?
2018-12-2
Use props
nscalernn3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16565 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-30 04:31
Hi Iman_Oldie, Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This is not an inconvenience to me it is an inconvenience to DJI .  I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 with Miro USB This means I CANNOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM BECAUSE IT WILL NOT WORK FOR ME.  i AM SURE YOU ARE MISSING AT LEAST 1/3 OF YOUR CURRENT MARKET.   S T U P I D!!!!!!!  MAKE AN ADAPTER OF MICRO USB.
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

vonbaron1 Posted at 12-1 10:17
Mindy,   I preordered one and need to know if I can register it with my iPad as I do not have a smart phone, just a old dumb one.  Otherwise I may need to cancel the order if I cannot register it so how.

Hi vonbaron1, Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods. Since iPad is too big, when it connects to Osmo Pocket via the lightning adapter, it will affect the camera, therefore, we only support iPad via Wireless Module currently.
You can activate with the phone ( with lightning or USB-C port) first, and then connect to iPad with Wireless Module for shooting.
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

thoitrangmanly Posted at 12-2 06:48
Where can i buy Osmo Pocket in Vietnam please guys?

Hi thoitrangmanly, thanks for your interest in Osmo Pocket, please verify with local retail stores to see if they will have it in stock: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... ite&from=footer
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ray60 Posted at 12-1 15:28
Hi . That explains why I couldn't ask a few questions I have about the Osmo Pocket and about DJI product usage in the UK in general.
So, can I kindly ask them here please.

Hi Ray, thanks for your interest in Osmo Pocket, here are the answers to your questions:
1. If there is any problem with the battery, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support and send in the device for assistance, our repair center will help you out.
2. No matter what kind of charger you use, 5V/2A is recommended, most phone charger should be available.
3. DJI Mimo will be released once it is ready, you just need to register an account and instructions will be shown automatically in DJI Mimo to guide you through the activation process after the first connection. We will also release the tutorial video soon.
4. The accessories of Osmo Pocket will be available very soon, you can leave your email on the purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
2018-12-2
Use props
jcs00
New
New Zealand

Any idea on when the app is coming out???  I got the Osmo pocket but can't do anything with it because of the activation.
2018-12-2
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-2 19:49
Hi Ray, thanks for your interest in Osmo Pocket, here are the answers to your questions:
1. If there is any problem with the battery, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support and send in the device for assistance, our repair center will help you out.
2. No matter what kind of charger you use, 5V/2A is recommended, most phone charger should be available.

That is very reassuring Mindy. Thank you.
Any idea when the Osmo Pocket should start shipping to my part of the world, please?
2018-12-2
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

nscalernn3 Posted at 12-2 08:10
This is not an inconvenience to me it is an inconvenience to DJI .  I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 with Miro USB This means I CANNOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM BECAUSE IT WILL NOT WORK FOR ME.  i AM SURE YOU ARE MISSING AT LEAST 1/3 OF YOUR CURRENT MARKET.   S T U P I D!!!!!!!  MAKE AN ADAPTER OF MICRO USB.

I agree. Why would a company hamstring itself like this? I'd like to buy one but won't because now I find out not only is my Samsung phone incompatible but my iPad as well.
I'll stick with my GoPro.
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jcs00 Posted at 12-2 20:24
Any idea on when the app is coming out???  I got the Osmo pocket but can't do anything with it because of the activation.

Hi there, at the moment we do not have the update regarding the release of the DJI Mimo. For the latest news and updates please visit our official DJI website at www.dji.com. We will also push the related team to release it as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-3
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Almost too small for me..... And the lack of a tripod mount. Can be corrected by buying the extras.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ray60 Posted at 12-2 21:30
That is very reassuring Mindy. Thank you.
Any idea when the Osmo Pocket should start shipping to my part of the world, please?

We have stated in the thread that the pre-orders are estimated to start shipping on 15th, December, but if you mean the pre-orders from the Amazon, it would be better to verify with the seller in Amazon.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nscalernn3 Posted at 12-2 08:10

Hi nscalernn3, sorry that we do not have the Micro USB adapter at the moment, your request has been transferred to our engineers for consideration in the future development.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Iman_Oldie Posted at 12-2 23:47
I agree. Why would a company hamstring itself like this? I'd like to buy one but won't because now I find out not only is my Samsung phone incompatible but my iPad as well.
I'll stick with my GoPro.

Since the phones with Micro-USB port are relatively old, the performance with Osmo Pocket may be not that perfect, therefore, we just released Lightning and Type-C adapter at the moment, your request of the Micro-USB adapter has been forwarded to our engineers, hope there will be an update in the future.
2018-12-3
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I would love to buy one but the accessories are not avaiable anymore ;( so will wait if there are more on stock
2018-12-3
Use props
djiuser_NHYDtKIg4Rj4
New

India

Are you going to give the 120fps at 1080p on the next update ?
2018-12-3
Use props
CaptBoris
lvl.3
Canada

Will activation work with an iPod with lightning connector?
2018-12-3
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Any word on when it will start ship, before or after Christmas?
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CineView Media Posted at 12-3 16:18
Any word on when it will start ship, before or after Christmas?

Hello there, we have the estimated shipping /delivery date on the purchase page for your reference https://store.dji.com/product/os ... _products&vid=48141, please select the correct country first, thank you.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

trica de Posted at 12-3 03:09
I would love to buy one but the accessories are not avaiable anymore ;( so will wait if there are more on stock

Hi trica de, thanks for your support to DJI product, please leave your email on the purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CaptBoris Posted at 12-3 08:36
Will activation work with an iPod with lightning connector?

Hi CaptBoris, Osmo Pocket doesn't support iPod, please activate it with phones (with lightning or Type-C).
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_NHYDtKIg4Rj4 Posted at 12-3 08:16
Are you going to give the 120fps at 1080p on the next update ?

Hello there, 1080P, 120fps will be available as long as we update to the latest firmware when the product begins to ship.
2018-12-3
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-3 19:31
Hi trica de, thanks for your support to DJI product, please leave your email on the purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.

already did ! Hopefully there are some on stock this week / month
2018-12-3
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-3 19:28
Hello there, we have the estimated shipping /delivery date on the purchase page for your reference https://store.dji.com/product/os ... _products&vid=48141, please select the correct country first, thank you.

So it doesnt start shipping when the Mimo app is ready like stated before?
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CineView Media Posted at 12-4 00:06
So it doesnt start shipping when the Mimo app is ready like stated before?

Sure we will ship after the APP is ready, the shipping is based on first come first served basis, please refer to the estimated shipping/delivery date in the online store, thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

trica de Posted at 12-3 23:09
already did ! Hopefully there are some on stock this week / month

We will do our best to replenish the stock, appreciate your patience.
2018-12-4
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-4 00:18
Sure we will ship after the APP is ready, the shipping is based on first come first served basis, please refer to the estimated shipping/delivery date in the online store, thanks for your understanding.

2018-11-28 19:05:22 (UTC)
Not the first, but not bad...
2018-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules