Osmo Pocket Released - Because Life is Big
31686 377 2018-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff Wilson
lvl.1

United States

Ray60 Posted at 12-13 13:19
Did you notice he plugged it into the base of the Osmo Pocket and not the normal port that is used to connect the Pocket to a phone? I wonder how safe that is and why it should work from that port. I know it's where the wireless base plugs in but you can't activate from the wireless base. Confusing.

It's possible that both of the USB C ports are functionally identical. That lower port is how the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi is handled, and that base supports charging, so I'm inclined to believe that the interfaces work identically.
2018-12-13
Use props
Jeff Wilson
lvl.1

United States

algogoku Posted at 12-13 12:28
I have seen what is probably a list of devices that says:

Supported devices

"Supported devices" doesn't usually mean that it won't work on other devices, just that they don't want you to expect help if it doesn't meet your performance expectations.
2018-12-13
Use props
noble7867
lvl.1
United States

Jeff Wilson Posted at 12-13 13:21
What happens when it won't activate? Are you getting an error message?

The phone does not recognize the camera.  It (the phone) reads it like I'm plugging it into a charge.  I have the app downloaded, and I've tried all different ways to get the app to launch when plugging in the Osmo, but the phone never recognizes the camera.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_DSNM5pk9BWRR
New

United States

I've been playing with the Osmo Pocket for an hour now. It's really small... The screen is way too tiny to be useful, specially if u use your finger to make the gimbal go up and down. Your finger covers most of the screen. I know they want to sell you the rotating gimbal controller so I guess this is their way of forcing you to buy it.. I already own the OSMO 2 with my iPhone XS Max and I believe it is actually easier to use than the Pocket since there is no joystick... While using the iPhone, the gimbal control is cool but it is placed on the right of the screen, too far for your fingers to reach and in an awkward position. I would like the choice to move the gimbal "dot" anywhere on the screen, or at least have a left or right placement so it is easier to control. One other thing is the AF, it's a little slow and you can't get too close to the subject or else it will lose focus. A macro setting would be great too. I still have a lot to play with to assess the usefulness of the Pocket. I will do side by side comparisons between the iPhone's 4K and the OSMO and see which one has the best quality. We will see..
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_DSNM5pk9BWRR
New

United States

another thing. The Mimo App works with the new iPad Pro thru USB-C but it is not iPad native. You are required to zoom it and it doesn't take up the whole screen. Also, the gimbal touches the bezel of the iPad and it gives you an error so it has to be reset. A little extension USB adaptor would be great so it can be used with the iPad.
2018-12-13
Use props
JBSpark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47969 ft
Australia

Guys to I get any credit for this pocket osmo, after all it was my idea

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=155308#pid1538148
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ray60 Posted at 12-12 23:48
Hi Dji Mindy.
That is good to know. As you probably know, us potential users can throw up all sorts of problems to manufacturers you didn't anticipate having. I can't thank you enough for being the face of Dji as this is very reassuring to me as a new customer to DJI products.  One further request then. Any idea when some of the Osmo Pocket attachments will be available to order. Specifically the wireless transmitter/controller/microSDcard/etc. package and the charging case with storage. I am hoping to do videos and some panoramic stills, time lapses, for a British maritime museum with the aid of this device during its winter closed season and the sooner I can start, the better.

Appreciate your kind words to my job here, it is my pleasure to help you. Micro SD card is available to place the order in our online store, for other accessories, we do not have the estimated date, please leave your email on the purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
2018-12-13
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

Someone gotta have an ETA on those first 3 accessories. Are they rolling the manufacturing floor/getting packaged and ready for distribution to resellers across the world, or are we looking at a longer timeframe? Scream for someone at DJI HQ to post a status update, we wanna throw monies at you lol.

Oh and please make a gimbal/lens protection cap accessory, the case is good, but something that just pops on and protects the lens and gimbal (or at least the lens in any case) would be great.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tif1607 Posted at 12-13 03:39
Still no fix and I bought myself a expensive brick with preorder one month ago, the activation failed with data error msg coming  up and the neither the reseller or tech support have a solution as of yet, really annoying after the long wait and am not able to bring it to travel with me, waste of time and money, deeply regretting the purchase, might end up returning and get a gopro 7 instead......

Hi there, DJI Thor has replied your post in another thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-174686-1-1.html, please keep us updated there, thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StardustGeass Posted at 12-13 01:29
Hi!

I wonder if Osmo Pocket also have problems with missing a second when video splits?

Hi StardustGeass, the video of Osmo Pocket will split automatically when the size if over 4G, but no frame will be lost. Thanks for your interest in Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

algogoku Posted at 12-13 03:14
Another question: If it's not possible to activate the pocket with the wireless adaptor, can I ask a friend with an Iphone or phone with usb-c connector just to activate it and then use my own phone with the wireless adaptor?

Hi algogoku, Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods. Yes, we can activate the Osmo Pocket with a Type-C port or a Lightning port mobile phone, then use the wireless module to connect the mobile device, but the App compatibility cannot be ensured.
If you have a Type-C OTG cable (Type-C to USB) to connect the Micro-USB cable, then connect the Osmo Pocket with the mobile phone, the device can also be activated and used, but still, the App compatibility cannot be ensured.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ray60 Posted at 12-13 13:19
Did you notice he plugged it into the base of the Osmo Pocket and not the normal port that is used to connect the Pocket to a phone? I wonder how safe that is and why it should work from that port. I know it's where the wireless base plugs in but you can't activate from the wireless base. Confusing.

Ray, no problem, this video can be referred, if you have a Type-C OTG cable, the video shows exactly how to connect it properly.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_DSNM5pk9BWRR Posted at 12-13 14:28
I've been playing with the Osmo Pocket for an hour now. It's really small... The screen is way too tiny to be useful, specially if u use your finger to make the gimbal go up and down. Your finger covers most of the screen. I know they want to sell you the rotating gimbal controller so I guess this is their way of forcing you to buy it.. I already own the OSMO 2 with my iPhone XS Max and I believe it is actually easier to use than the Pocket since there is no joystick... While using the iPhone, the gimbal control is cool but it is placed on the right of the screen, too far for your fingers to reach and in an awkward position. I would like the choice to move the gimbal "dot" anywhere on the screen, or at least have a left or right placement so it is easier to control. One other thing is the AF, it's a little slow and you can't get too close to the subject or else it will lose focus. A macro setting would be great too. I still have a lot to play with to assess the usefulness of the Pocket. I will do side by side comparisons between the iPhone's 4K and the OSMO and see which one has the best quality. We will see..

Hello there, thanks for sharing your experience with Osmo Pocket, the minimum focus distance is 10cm in Photo mode and 15cm in video mode, please note it when filming.
We provide three ways to control the gimbal, the built-in screen, the APP and the Controller Wheel, customers could select the different method to control it according to different need. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Chris1a Posted at 12-13 20:02
Someone gotta have an ETA on those first 3 accessories. Are they rolling the manufacturing floor/getting packaged and ready for distribution to resellers across the world, or are we looking at a longer timeframe? Scream for someone at DJI HQ to post a status update, we wanna throw monies at you lol.

Oh and please make a gimbal/lens protection cap accessory, the case is good, but something that just pops on and protects the lens and gimbal (or at least the lens in any case) would be great.

Hi Chris, sorry that we do not have the estimated date when they will be available, please leave your email on the purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
Thanks for your suggestion for the lens and camera protector, but the case is enough to protect the whole device, if there is any update in the future, we will release immediately, thanks for your support.
2018-12-13
Use props
xxxdddxxaaa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2982 ft
Hong Kong

very good
2018-12-13
Use props
PeeCeeNZ
New

New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-2 19:16
Hi vonbaron1, Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods. Since iPad is too big, when it connects to Osmo Pocket via the lightning adapter, it will affect the camera, therefore, we only support iPad via Wireless Module currently.
You can activate with the phone ( with lightning or USB-C port) first, and then connect to iPad with Wireless Module for shooting.

DJI Mindy. I wish to add my displeasure at the 'BAD' decision by DJI not to allow activation of the Osmo Pocket with Micro USB sockets. By not even creating a Desktop app to allow activation/control from PC seems to be a "restraint' that would most likely be illegal here in New Zealand (Printers for example 'must' come with cartridges unlike the practice in other countries for example)
Please please please have the decision makers at DJI read this and do the honourable thing and create a Micro USB adaptor or a desktop app to allow connection to the Pocket 'within a few days if not hours'
Respectfully PC
(new Pocket on the desk and 'no' way to activate it)
2018-12-14
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-13 20:06
Hi StardustGeass, the video of Osmo Pocket will split automatically when the size if over 4G, but no frame will be lost. Thanks for your interest in Osmo Pocket.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StardustGeass Posted at 12-14 02:09
Okay, thanks for the confirmation

No problem, please let me know if you have any further concern.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PeeCeeNZ Posted at 12-14 00:29
DJI Mindy. I wish to add my displeasure at the 'BAD' decision by DJI not to allow activation of the Osmo Pocket with Micro USB sockets. By not even creating a Desktop app to allow activation/control from PC seems to be a "restraint' that would most likely be illegal here in New Zealand (Printers for example 'must' come with cartridges unlike the practice in other countries for example)
Please please please have the decision makers at DJI read this and do the honourable thing and create a Micro USB adaptor or a desktop app to allow connection to the Pocket 'within a few days if not hours'
Respectfully PC

Hi PeeCeeNZ, we apologize if our product breaks any law of your country, but Osmo Pocket has its own APP just like the Printers come with cartridges, as Micro USB port Android mobile phones do not have a compatible adaptor, the Osmo Pocket cannot be activated with a Micro USB Android mobile phone and this mobile phone cannot be used with DJI Mimo to shoot videos or pictures.
It is recommended to activate it via the Type-C port or a Lightning port mobile phone, then use the wireless module to connect the mobile device, but the App compatibility cannot be ensured since the phone with Micro USB is not in our compatible list.
Your need of the Micro USB adapter has been forwarded to our engineers, please note our website if there is any update in the future.
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_EENo3VeHIYT7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312431 ft
Finland

Whats the range of wireless connection bundle and when available?
Y0010222_1504867636447.jpg
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_EENo3VeHIYT7 Posted at 12-14 05:53
Whats the range of wireless connection bundle and when available?

Hi there, the maximum range in 2.4G is 50m, 60m in 5.8G without the radio interference.
We do not have the estimated date when it will be available again, please leave your email on the online store and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
2018-12-15
Use props
silkystrings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6188 ft
United Kingdom

Do DJI not realise they are ostracising thousands if not millions of potential customers because of the rigid adherance to type C on an adroid phone. I only have micro usb and the notion of paying hundreds of pounds for a new phone just to activate the product is ludicrous. Hoping there will be a workround at some future date.
2018-12-15
Use props
silkystrings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6188 ft
United Kingdom

DJI not realise they are ostracising thousands if not millions of potential customers because of the rigid adherance to type C connection on an android phone. I only have micro usb and the notion of paying hundreds of pounds for a new phone just to activate the product is ludicrous. Hoping there will be a workround at some future date.
2018-12-15
Use props
Zephiel
lvl.1
Philippines

Is there anyway to remove the beep sound?
(eg. Before Recording, After Recording, etc)
2018-12-15
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

I have another doubt to be solved. I ordered the wireless adapter as soon as I received the stock notification (3rd December, my birthday ) but it still remains in step 3 (authorized payment) while the osmo pocket is coming soon. When it will be send it?

2018-12-15
Use props
fans05be0815
New
United Kingdom

How do I change the language from Chinese to English on the Osmo Pocket
2018-12-15
Use props
ESMP
lvl.1
United States

Not as good as it seems! The pocket has Focus problems and uploading footages issue! DJI should not have realeased this product yet till all those bugs have been irontout. But I guess they want to beat the holiday shopping season! Shame! What a let down!
5D1B3716-6FA3-4F40-AC80-8F5C40A611CB.jpeg
2018-12-15
Use props
ESMP
lvl.1
United States

fans05be0815 Posted at 12-15 16:24
How do I change the language from Chinese to English on the Osmo Pocket

On your Osmo Pocket, swipe from the top, select the “Gear” icon which is the setting > Swipe from Right to left > Then select the the one on bottom right, > Then select the one on top, which is Language > Then select the middle one, which is English. Hope this helps! I’m returning mine though.. cannot upload the file to my iPhone X and the footages has a lot of issue with focus!
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_3mIHu6JZPWZT
New
United States

It was good idea to put a charging port on the bottom of the case, but you should had made a small hole in the case so we can see the charging light. When I first got the Osmo Pocket, I charged it in the case, but I ended up charging it out of the case because I couldn't see the charging light when it was in the case. So I couldn't tell when it was finished charging. Charging the Osmo Pocket out of the case makes it vulnerable. I may have to get a hole punch and make a hole in the case so I can see the light. One more nit pick, you should have named it the Pocket Osmo instead of the other way around.
2018-12-16
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

Mine was delivered on Dec 14 Nice little unit. Im sure Ill have some fun with it
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

IamWedge Posted at 12-16 12:22
Mine was delivered on Dec 14 Nice little unit. Im sure Ill have some fun with it

Glad to know you have received it, hope you have a great time with Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

algogoku Posted at 12-15 13:27
I have another doubt to be solved. I ordered the wireless adapter as soon as I received the stock notification (3rd December, my birthday ) but it still remains in step 3 (authorized payment) while the osmo pocket is coming soon. When it will be send it?

Hi algogoku, I managed to get your order number via your Forum account, the estimated shipping date is 15-20 business date after the payment confirmation, we will begin shipping once they are ready, appreciate your patience.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zephiel Posted at 12-15 05:21
Is there anyway to remove the beep sound?
(eg. Before Recording, After Recording, etc)

Hi Zephiel, the beep sound cannot be turned off currently, we will take your request into consideration in the future development.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans05be0815 Posted at 12-15 16:24
How do I change the language from Chinese to English on the Osmo Pocket

Hi there, ESMP has explained clearly, please refer to his post, thank you.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ESMP Posted at 12-15 19:27
On your Osmo Pocket, swipe from the top, select the “Gear” icon which is the setting > Swipe from Right to left > Then select the the one on bottom right, > Then select the one on top, which is Language > Then select the middle one, which is English. Hope this helps! I’m returning mine though.. cannot upload the file to my iPhone X and the footages has a lot of issue with focus!

Hi ESMP, only the 4k, 60 FPS cannot be downloaded to the mobile phone for iPhone series, it is recommended to export it via the computer.
We apologize for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, if you need any assistance, please let us know, thank you.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

silkystrings Posted at 12-15 01:42
DJI not realise they are ostracising thousands if not millions of potential customers because of the rigid adherance to type C connection on an android phone. I only have micro usb and the notion of paying hundreds of pounds for a new phone just to activate the product is ludicrous. Hoping there will be a workround at some future date.

Hi silkystrings, as Micro USB port Android mobile phones do not have a compatible adaptor, the Osmo Pocket cannot be activated with a Micro USB Android mobile phone and this mobile phone cannot be used with DJI Mimo to shoot videos or pictures.
You can borrow a Type-C port or a Lightning port mobile phone to activate the Osmo Pocket, then use the wireless module to connect the mobile device, but still the APP compatibility cannot be ensured.
Your request for Micro-USB adapter has been escalated to our engineers, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-16 19:52
Hi silkystrings, as Micro USB port Android mobile phones do not have a compatible adaptor, the Osmo Pocket cannot be activated with a Micro USB Android mobile phone and this mobile phone cannot be used with DJI Mimo to shoot videos or pictures.
You can borrow a Type-C port or a Lightning port mobile phone to activate the Osmo Pocket, then use the wireless module to connect the mobile device, but still the APP compatibility cannot be ensured.
Your request for Micro-USB adapter has been escalated to our engineers, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi DJI Mindy, Miche has just activated her Osmo Pocket using her Samsung Galaxy S7 using the adaptor that comes with the Mavic Air charging cable.

So guys there is a workaround until DJI can come up with a compatible adaptor
2018-12-17
Use props
Rook94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240840 ft
Germany

I got mine today. Had 3 more Days left until my journey. Thx to DJI and you guys for answering my questions
2018-12-17
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

I got mine today too. It's awesome. And I agree another person I don't remember his nick about the hole on the case to see the charging light.

Another question for Mindy. Spanish language is not included, the 3rd language in the world, spoken by many millions in the world and it's not on the device on 2018. Will it be soon after an update, please?
2018-12-17
Use props
fansa8843d1b
lvl.1

United States

Played with mine all weekend long, the long exposure and night photography was...magical.  wow, great job guys.  Please, please get that mount out soon so I can use it in various situations (tripod, etc)
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules