Video lag when its play on Mac
5751 7 2018-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Markagt
lvl.1
Peru

HEllo, i am recording a 4K video 24fps using Blog-M for color and code H265, i am able to see the video from my iphone X the video that i recorded and while i record it too, everything its fine but when i transfer the video from the SD card to my computer which is a  Mac book pro retina display, processor 3.1GHZ Core i7, intel iris Graphics 6100 1536MB. When i do transfers those video it shows it with a lag, i open it with a Quictime, VLC, imovie and with all of them the video lag, i did tried to open with adobre premier and it say video code not available and was not able to play it.

Why the video lags when i try to play it on my Mac? is there any configuration i need to do?

thanks in advance.
2018-11-28
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Which version of macOS are you using?
2018-11-28
Use props
Markagt
lvl.1
Peru

theothernt Posted at 11-28 15:56
Which version of macOS are you using?

Thanks for your fast response, i am using a Mojave version 10.14.1
2018-11-28
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Ireland

Markagt Posted at 11-28 15:58
Thanks for your fast response, i am using a Mojave version 10.14.1

Ok, as you're running the latest macOS, playback of H.265 is possible but it's not always smooth.

H.265 playback won't be great on most devices (TVs, phones, PCs, etc)  as it's a new codec that requires more processing power (maybe in 3 to 5 years). Also, H.265 footage from the Mavic 2 Pro is 10-bit which has more detail for editing, but has little to no benefit for ordinary playback.

The general advice is to edit the H.265, colour grade, etc and export to H.264. The latest version of Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere CC support H.265 - but even on the fastest PC or Mac, you'll have to use proxies otherwise previewing the timeline will always be slow or jerky.
2018-11-28
Use props
Markagt
lvl.1
Peru

theothernt Posted at 11-28 16:14
Ok, as you're running the latest macOS, playback of H.265 is possible but it's not always smooth.

H.265 playback won't be great on most devices (TVs, phones, PCs, etc)  as it's a new codec that requires more processing power (maybe in 3 to 5 years). Also, H.265 footage from the Mavic 2 Pro is 10-bit which has more detail for editing, but has little to no benefit for ordinary playback.

i am changing my settings to record on H264 and setting my color to normal, i will use that until i am able to get the latest version of adobe premier (i have the 2015 version), hopefully with those changes i will be able to play the videos on my computer.

If you have any other video settings that you can recommend me it will be appreciate.

thanks in advance.
2018-11-28
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Unless you have the very latest in dedicated video editing pc, h265 and dlogm are unlikely to play smoothly according to all of the different threads I have read here on the subject
2018-11-29
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Ireland

Markagt Posted at 11-28 16:37
i am changing my settings to record on H264 and setting my color to normal, i will use that until i am able to get the latest version of adobe premier (i have the 2015 version), hopefully with those changes i will be able to play the videos on my computer.

If you have any other video settings that you can recommend me it will be appreciate.

Great! do report back and let us know how you get on... or if you have more questions
2018-11-29
Use props
Markagt
lvl.1
Peru

SPIKE_151 Posted at 11-29 04:02
Unless you have the very latest in dedicated video editing pc, h265 and dlogm are unlikely to play smoothly according to all of the different threads I have read here on the subject

thanks for your help!!
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules