Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to connect smartphones with MicroUSB to the osmo pocket
123Next >
34009 98 2018-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NB_iTech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170279 ft
Hungary

Hi,
Is it possible to connect a MicroUSB smartphone to the osmo pocket?
Because no MicroUSB adapter is included... Can I use a Type-C to MicroUSB adapter to make it work?

Thanks,
Benedek
2018-11-29
Use props
NB_iTech
lvl.2
Hungary

Also I can't find the DJI MIMO app in the play store...
2018-11-29
Use props
Gaz Mc
lvl.3
United Kingdom

looks like anyone with  a micro usb or samsung phone has has had it, not even any mention of it in the reqs

What app should I download to control Osmo Pocket on my mobile phone?
The DJI Mimo app.

Supported devices
iOS:Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
Compatible with iPhone XS Max,iPhone XS,iPhone XR,iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE.

Android:Android version 5.0 or later.
Compatible with Huawei P20, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Mi Mix 2S,Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5T,Google Pixel 2XL,Google Pixel 2.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues
2018-11-29
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

For now you will only be able to connect an Osmo Pocket with a lightning og USB-C connector. I can test with a MicroUSB-adapter once the DJI Mimo app is available.
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day NB_iTech. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods, it can only be activated via the Lightning or USB-C. As of the moment we do not have the update regarding the release of the DJI Mimo in the Playstore. For the latest news and updates please visit our official DJI website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.
2018-11-29
Use props
Elbalafre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1726 ft
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-29 08:30
Hello and good day NB_iTech. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods, it can only be activated via the Lightning or USB-C. As of the moment we do not have the update regarding the release of the DJI Mimo in the Playstore. For the latest news and updates please visit our official DJI website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

Good morning Dji Stephen

So to be sure all android phones zith a micro usb zon t be able to use the Dji osmo pocket" Do I understand correctly your previous answer ? Because I was really willing to pre order it and this could be a real issue

Thank you for your feedback
2018-11-29
Use props
Elbalafre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1726 ft
France

Clarification to my previous question. Do you think a USB-C to micro USB adapter can be used to control the osmo pocket with a micro usb cell phone ? ( sorry for the few mistakes in my previous question)
2018-11-29
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Can Osmo pocket be connected to the cell phone in a way phone is on the right for left handed users?
2018-11-29
Use props
robwasil
lvl.1

United States

I'm glad I read this thread before purchasing one I would like to use it as a standalone device but it sounds like you cannot even do that if you own a smartphone like a Galaxy S7 Edge which only has micro USB
2018-12-2
Use props
nscalernn3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16565 ft
United States

Elbalafre Posted at 11-29 13:00
Clarification to my previous question. Do you think a USB-C to micro USB adapter can be used to control the osmo pocket with a micro usb cell phone ? ( sorry for the few mistakes in my previous question)

Just goes to show how STUPID DJI are.  All of us who have galaxy s7 or other phones with Micro USB are just outdated and we should run out and buy a new phone withe USB C to use their camera.  All you need to do is spend another $1000. to use their $349 device.  Yea fat chance.  I just can't believe their stupidity.  I was considering purchase of this device and the new Mavic 2.  However after this fiasco, I don't think this company deserves any of my money.  Lord knows what the first firmware update will do to it.  They have screwed up a many Phantom P4 with their lowsy updates, and really don't care.
2018-12-3
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 11-29 14:01
Can Osmo pocket be connected to the cell phone in a way phone is on the right for left handed users?

Well, considering you use the right hand just to hold the osmo pocket, and the left hand to play with the app on your smartphone, I think you are advantaged. I would use my phone with right hand instead left hand as I am right handed.  
2018-12-3
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 11-29 14:01
Can Osmo pocket be connected to the cell phone in a way phone is on the right for left handed users?

Yes you can. The Osmo Pocket can be operated upside down in underslung mode.
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Elbalafre Posted at 11-29 13:00

Hi Elbalafre, this is possible, but we cannot ensure the compatibility of the APP when installing to the phones with Micro USB port.
Your request of the Micro USB adapter has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, thanks for your interest in Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Benedek, please check my post in 13#, thank you.
2018-12-4
Use props
NB_iTech
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-4 04:37
Hi Benedek, please check my post in 13#, thank you.

Yes I see... I would say microusb cannot handle the data transfer that comes trough the port when we are recording the video directly to the phone (yes it's a function as I know) I would only need my phone to change settings and live view and maybe gimbal control... Conclusion: get a typec microusb adapter ($1) and after the release walk into a store and try it with your device...
2018-12-4
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,  

The Galaxy S9/S9+ has a USB c socket but Samsung isn't on the compatible phone list.  Will the Samsung S9/S9+ work with the Osmo Pocket?  Also, if the Pocket arrives but the App isn't available does that mean the Pocket cannot be used because it can't be registered and initialised?  Thanks.
2018-12-5
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Will be interesting to see if either DJI or third parties will come with DJI proprietary to Micro USB connector for Osmo Pocket later on as market is clearly there.
2018-12-5
Use props
error
New

Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-4 04:35
Hi Elbalafre, this is possible, but we cannot ensure the compatibility of the APP when installing to the phones with Micro USB port.
Your request of the Micro USB adapter has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, thanks for your interest in Osmo Pocket.

+1

2018-12-5
Use props
Hassan Mohamed
New

Qatar

This is to join the quest of supporting Samsung devices specially the Micro USB type..!
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jeffuk Posted at 12-5 03:16
Hi,  

The Galaxy S9/S9+ has a USB c socket but Samsung isn't on the compatible phone list.  Will the Samsung S9/S9+ work with the Osmo Pocket?  Also, if the Pocket arrives but the App isn't available does that mean the Pocket cannot be used because it can't be registered and initialised?  Thanks.

Hi Jeffuk, yes, Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ are compatible with Osmo Pocket, without the APP, Osmo Pocket cannot be activated, DJI Mimo will be released together with the Osmo Pocket when it begins to ship, appreciate your patience and understanding.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NB_iTech Posted at 12-4 06:43
Yes I see... I would say microusb cannot handle the data transfer that comes trough the port when we are recording the video directly to the phone (yes it's a function as I know) I would only need my phone to change settings and live view and maybe gimbal control... Conclusion: get a typec microusb adapter ($1) and after the release walk into a store and try it with your device...

Thanks for your suggestion, I agree with you, it would be better to test it in the retail store since the APP compatibility cannot be ensured, customers' request of the Micro USB adapter has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, hope there will be some update in the future.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

error Posted at 12-5 04:56
+1

Copy that, error, sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused.
2018-12-6
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I have ordered the Osmo Pocket and now it looks like I cannot activate and use it with my Samsung Galaxy S5. If this correct, please et me know, so I can cancel the order.
Thank you
2018-12-6
Use props
fanse4c2c9a9
New
Flight distance : 244672 ft
United Arab Emirates

I wanna understand something, how is the lady from DJI saying that WITHOUT THE APP YOU CANNOT ACTIVATE THE GIMBAL, and on youtube there is a thousand reviews of the gimbal with sample footage, how did they activate and use it?
2018-12-9
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse4c2c9a9 Posted at 12-9 14:17
I wanna understand something, how is the lady from DJI saying that WITHOUT THE APP YOU CANNOT ACTIVATE THE GIMBAL, and on youtube there is a thousand reviews of the gimbal with sample footage, how did they activate and use it?

I assumed the early reviewers were provided access to the app as well.
2018-12-9
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I wanna understand something, how is the lady from DJI saying that WITHOUT THE APP YOU CANNOT ACTIVATE THE GIMBAL, and on youtube there is a thousand reviews of the gimbal with sample footage, how did they activate and use it?

It seems that some of the functions on some of the pre-release Pockets had function that had to be removed.  Presumably this change of firmware also had some knock-on effects to the Mimo app. Perhaps that is a possible reason for the delay?
2018-12-9
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wanna understand something, how is the lady from DJI saying that WITHOUT THE APP YOU CANNOT ACTIVATE THE GIMBAL, and on youtube there is a thousand reviews of the gimbal with sample footage, how did they activate and use it?

All the tester are sent a link to access beta MIMI through a beta app.
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobertW Posted at 12-6 11:41
Ok, I have ordered the Osmo Pocket and now it looks like I cannot activate and use it with my Samsung Galaxy S5. If this correct, please et me know, so I can cancel the order.
Thank you

Hi RobertW, I have updated my response to your post in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-173734-1-1.html
Osmo Pocket cannot be activated via the Micro USB port phones, it is recommended to activate the Osmo Pocket with a Type-C port or a Lightning port mobile phone, then use the wireless module to connect the mobile device, but the App compatibility cannot be ensured. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello, the reviewers on YouTube who have received the Osmo Pocket in advance should have the beta APP, DJI MIMO will be available soon with the shipment of Osmo Pocket on DJI Store (store.dji.com). Thanks for your patience.
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_asvHNH6AeeCF
lvl.1
Germany

One question after reading this thread and after purchasing the pocket:
Is the Osmo Pocket usable out of the box, without attaching it to any phone? Or do I have to activate the Pocket by connecting it to a phone first?

2018-12-10
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

djiuser_asvHNH6AeeCF Posted at 12-10 05:38
Is the Osmo Pocket usable out of the box, without attaching it to any phone? Or do I have to activate the Pocket by connecting it to a phone first?

As pretty much any other piece of tech from DJI, unfortunately it is not.
2018-12-10
Use props
gribr
New
Flight distance : 105112 ft
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-10 00:35
Hi RobertW, I have updated my response to your post in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-173734-1-1.html
Osmo Pocket cannot be activated via the Micro USB port phones, it is recommended to activate the Osmo Pocket with a Type-C port or a Lightning port mobile phone, then use the wireless module to connect the mobile device, but the App compatibility cannot be ensured. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Good thing i found this thread before purchasing for Christmas! Wont be now that it cant even be activated by android phones without usb-c. Disappointed and annoyed enough about it to register here to complain but not as disappointed if i had found out after purchasing..
2018-12-12
Use props
YK47
lvl.1

Hong Kong

There is a video activating osmo pocket via micro usb phone.

I assume it could control osmo pocket and download footage
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... h-a-micro-usb-phone .  
2018-12-12
Use props
Kiwitechnics
lvl.1
New Zealand

I also managed to activate and control the Osmo Pocket using a MicroUSB phone with adapter cables. I can verify that this works.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gribr Posted at 12-12 15:40
Good thing i found this thread before purchasing for Christmas! Wont be now that it cant even be activated by android phones without usb-c. Disappointed and annoyed enough about it to register here to complain but not as disappointed if i had found out after purchasing..

Hi gribr, as Micro USB port Android mobile phones do not have a compatible adaptor, the Osmo Pocket cannot be activated with a Micro USB Android mobile phone and this mobile phone cannot be used with DJI Mimo to shoot videos or pictures. We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. Your need of the Micro-USB port has been transferred to our engineers, please note our website about the future update. Thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_asvHNH6AeeCF Posted at 12-10 05:38

Hello there, the Osmo Pocket must be activated firstly with the mobile phone, please refer to the tutorial video below.

2018-12-13
Use props
Jeff Wilson
lvl.1

United States

DJIJAKOB Posted at 11-29 05:47
For now you will only be able to connect an Osmo Pocket with a lightning og USB-C connector. I can test with a MicroUSB-adapter once the DJI Mimo app is available.

Any results?
2018-12-13
Use props
Jeff Wilson
lvl.1

United States

RobertW Posted at 12-6 11:41
Thank you

Were you able to activate the camera?
2018-12-13
Use props
Jeff Wilson
lvl.1

United States

Kiwitechnics Posted at 12-12 21:50
I also managed to activate and control the Osmo Pocket using a MicroUSB phone with adapter cables. I can verify that this works.

What cable brand / type worked for you?
2018-12-13
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeff Wilson Posted at 12-13 11:21
Were you able to activate the camera?

Yes, no problem. I also was able to keep the iPad mini connected to shoot pictures and videos, but have to be careful to make sure the gimbal does not touch the iPad. So far no problems at all !!!
2018-12-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules