34016 98 2018-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HeinzW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186050 ft
Germany

tripleburst Posted at 12-21 07:43
If you're worried about the unstable connection using the included USB C adapter with an added micro USB adapter, get a USB C to USB Adapter ,connect your micro USB cable that came with your phone and attach to the BOTTOM USB C port. It's still a 2 handed operation but less prone to disconnecting. I've tried this but with a lightning cable for my iphone and it worked.

Another Option would be this aftermarket 30€ device...
2018-12-30
Use props
HeinzW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186050 ft
Germany

Seems like you can clamp your phone in any distance from the Osmo, so the clamp would hold your phone and there would not be any stress on th econnection.
Just a thought....
2018-12-30
Use props
fansb93e1b1a
New
Germany

Dear DJI Mindy, as the request for the genuine Micro USB Connector has been transferred to the technicians a long time ago, when can we expect a physical result? Or is DJI waiting for the clever third party (Chinese) manufacturers to provide this penny item, which is really no rocket science.
Regards,
Bernd

I hate ignorance
2018-12-30
Use props
djiuser_jIhUm9ODU1kd
lvl.1
United States

My pocket osmo stopped working with the type C on my Google pixel 2 XL.
Any other people experiencing this? Works great with iPad mini 4. It just doesn't work anymore with the Pixel
2019-1-3
Use props
maddawg69
New

United States

Gaz Mc Posted at 2018-11-29 03:38
looks like anyone with  a micro usb or samsung phone has has had it, not even any mention of it in the reqs

What app should I download to control Osmo Pocket on my mobile phone?

Where can I get an updated list?
2019-1-3
Use props
maddawg69
New

United States

looks like anyone with  a micro usb or samsung phone has has had it, not even any mention of it in the reqs

Where can I get an updated list?
2019-1-3
Use props
jud
lvl.1
Philippines

I got the OP 2 days ago. I cannot activate it because I have samsung S7 which of course with micro usb. With all of my search, I was not able to come across with the issue that DJI has no support for micro usb. I read here that they are using USB-C for speed but is it really necessary for at least activating the device(which is the brilliance of DJI engineers by the way)? . You bought an expensive device and you cannot use it out of the box. Very convenient ha? The device is pretty much useless without a phone. You need it to use most of the feature of OP. AND OUR PHONES HAVE MICRO USB PORTS AND IT IS NOT OLD TECHNOLOGY YET! I am so frustrated with this bias support and up until now, no effort to address this issue. Maybe DJI solution is for us to BUY NEW IPHONE OR PHONE WITH USB-C!
2019-1-21
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

You only need an adapter USB-C to microUSB (or a cable)
Price of such an adapter is € 0.30 - € 0.60
But it is a SHAME DJI doesn't deliver OP with microUSB connector!

2019-1-21
Use props
LZet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1349199 ft
Czechia

BeterBan Posted at 1-21 18:14
You only need an adapter USB-C to microUSB (or a cable)
Price of such an adapter is € 0.30 - € 0.60
But it is a SHAME DJI doesn't deliver OP with microSD connector!

I am using the USB-C and Micro USB adapter plugged in serial to each other for my mobile Samsung Galaxy A5/2016. The adapter was a part of my Mavic Air set.
As the connection is rather unstable I have designed and 3D printed a simple holder  which makes the use quite comfortable.
The version one already exists, the version two will be a small adjustment.
Should you be interested in the .STL file for 3D printer let me know.
The version One you can see here

2019-1-22
Use props
jud
lvl.1
Philippines

Thanks BeterBan. It took a while to find such adapter here in my place fortunately I was able to find one. The next problem I had is the micro sd. I have a lot of micro sd however, most of those does not work with the OP some says slow speed type. I bought a new one and it works fine. Now my problem is that every time I connect the OP to my phone, there is no prompt for update. The firmware on this OP is 01.03.00.20. I have read in this forum that the latest is 1.2.0.20
2019-1-22
Use props
fansacbf8513
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nscalernn3 Posted at 2018-12-3 21:10
Just goes to show how STUPID DJI are.  All of us who have galaxy s7 or other phones with Micro USB are just outdated and we should run out and buy a new phone withe USB C to use their camera.  All you need to do is spend another $1000. to use their $349 device.  Yea fat chance.  I just can't believe their stupidity.  I was considering purchase of this device and the new Mavic 2.  However after this fiasco, I don't think this company deserves any of my money.  Lord knows what the first firmware update will do to it.  They have screwed up a many Phantom P4 with their lowsy updates, and really don't care.

If you have a Mavic air it comes with a USB-C to Micro USB adapter which works fine with the Osmo pocket, however it is a tad loose. If you purchase one of the many holders which are available on ebay etc which holds your phone and osmo pocket via a spring loaded clip for the phone and a holder at the side for the osmo it holds it really securely. That way you can use your samsung. You could also buy an adapter somewhere too.
2019-2-8
Use props
fans53756491
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18652 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hi

I have samsung galaxy note 5 with micro usb. I bought an adapter from aliexpress that convert micro usb type c to micro usb. When i am connceting the osmo pocket to my phone nothing happen.
The mimo application does not load. Can some one advise what should I do that in order it will work?

Thx
Ronen
2019-4-1
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I've different adapters (#88) - each of them works. Your adapter is broken or you do it wrong.
2019-4-1
Use props
fans254106f1
New

Australia

How do i get my money back ? Purchased an osmo pocket that won't work with my PHONE.  because it is micro USB. What a piece of ... and waste of money. The dude in the shop obviously lied !!!!!
Not happy. How about DJI buy me a new phone so i cane use their product.
Not Happy
2019-11-24
Use props
fans254106f1
New

Australia

How do i get my money back ? Purchased an osmo pocket that won't work with my PHONE.  because it is micro USB. What a piece of ... and waste of money. The dude in the shop obviously lied !!!!!
Not happy. How about DJI buy me a new phone so i cane use their product.
Not Happy
2019-11-24
Use props
daveiw
New

United Kingdom

Unbelievable that DJI in their wisodm will not allow the Osmo pocket to connect to my very new android phone because it has a micro usb phone.  Havong gone to the trouble of buying it I will now need to return it tpo the retailer at cost all round .  Why on earth doe the activation need a wired connection ?  Ah well i will need to wait for a more universal device I guess, now were is that packinging ?
2019-12-3
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

There are third party adapters that connect the OSMO pocket with phones with micro-usb.
I got mine from Aliexpress and it works very well on my ONEPLUS One mobile phone.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992459413.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dTxNy68
This one place to order but there are many more if you search a little.
Just check very well if you need the forward or the reverse version. Otherwise you phone will be upside down.
2019-12-23
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

A bit terrible that people with microUSB devices have to feel left out of using the Osmo Pocket.  I take it that using a converter is the only way to go, if you don't want to run out and buy a new device.
2019-12-23
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

The thing I describe is not a converter but the same thing dji delivers with the OP for the IPhone and usb-c connection. So, working with it is not different from the other two possibilities.
2019-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules