34101 98 2018-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kiwitechnics
lvl.1
New Zealand

Jeff Wilson Posted at 12-13 11:23
What cable brand / type worked for you?

Samsung S7. MicroUSB male to USB-A male, USB Type A to type A female to female joiner, Type A Male to Type C female. It's a bit of a mish mash but all I could get locally and it works ok. I have a single type-C female to microUSB male adapter coming from EBay which will save all the bits.
It looks like if you can make a connection at all it will work.
2018-12-13
Use props
Jeff Wilson
lvl.1

United States

Kiwitechnics Posted at 12-13 16:06
Samsung S7. MicroUSB male to USB-A male, USB Type A to type A female to female joiner, Type A Male to Type C female. It's a bit of a mish mash but all I could get locally and it works ok. I have a single type-C female to microUSB male adapter coming from EBay which will save all the bits.

Excellent...thanks. The responses on the forum have been spotty, at best, but this answers the mail!
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_asvHNH6AeeCF
lvl.1
Germany

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 12-10 06:54
As pretty much any other piece of tech from DJI, unfortunately it is not.

An absolute no go for me. Canceled my order.
Thanks for the info.

Cu
2018-12-13
Use props
Giannis Chatzimpetelis
lvl.3

Greece

I really want to purchase osmo pocket but I have Samsung galaxy a5 (2016) which doesn't have a type c connection.i want to ask administrators and users with a5 if I will be able to activate it with a friend's phone with type c and then use it with the wireless module co nected to my samsung.thank you!
2018-12-14
Use props
hobbyteam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65039 ft
Greece

Giannis Chatzimpetelis Posted at 12-14 02:06
I really want to purchase osmo pocket but I have Samsung galaxy a5 (2016) which doesn't have a type c connection.i want to ask administrators and users with a5 if I will be able to activate it with a friend's phone with type c and then use it with the wireless module co nected to my samsung.thank you!

I just got mine and used a type c to micro usb adapter and works just fine, the app and the device. This is an amazing piece of technology and what makes very special for me is the size, you can take it anywere.
2018-12-14
Use props
fansbacf3b27
lvl.1
Denmark

RobertW Posted at 12-13 11:49
Yes, no problem. I also was able to keep the iPad mini connected to shoot pictures and videos, but have to be careful to make sure the gimbal does not touch the iPad. So far no problems at all !!!

Have a Samsung S7 work fine with a Micro B to USB-C adapter
2018-12-14
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kiwitechnics Posted at 12-13 16:06

great info thankyou. I've  S7 edge too - does it sit ok alongside the pocket, with the adaptor in place?  thankyou
2018-12-14
Use props
RAMPROD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2769 ft
United States

I successfully activated and updated using Type C to Micro usb adapter that came with Mavic Air - however using the 2 adapters  wont suffice long term to use the phone a galaxy S5 and the OSMO as the 2 adapters together dont allow a good stong stable connect - SO DJI - heads up please furnish us andriod users with better connect solution - such as... a bracket that will fit any phone and attach to the OSMO and keep the phone and OSMO nice and secure connected!
2018-12-15
Use props
RAMPROD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2769 ft
United States

Didnt see my post on here so will repost! - I was able to use the Type C to Micro USB connector (using both adapters together) that ships with DJI Mavic AIR and successfully activated and updated - however this is not a good solution longterm as its not a strong stable connect - so DJI - please make a clamp on housing to attach the phone and the OSMO that will keep them together without relying on an adapter to secure them! also please furnish thos that puchased early a FREE Micro USB adapter - not everyone has the Type C connect !!
2018-12-15
Use props
DrCakey
lvl.1
United States

RAMPROD Posted at 12-15 08:30
Didnt see my post on here so will repost! - I was able to use the Type C to Micro USB connector (using both adapters together) that ships with DJI Mavic AIR and successfully activated and updated - however this is not a good solution longterm as its not a strong stable connect - so DJI - please make a clamp on housing to attach the phone and the OSMO that will keep them together without relying on an adapter to secure them! also please furnish thos that puchased early a FREE Micro USB adapter - not everyone has the Type C connect !!

Could you add a link to the type of C to Micro connector successfully used? Employees at Best Buy said that they tested it with at C to Micro cable without success.

Does the connector need to be OTG (on-the-go) compatible?

Thanks!
2018-12-15
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

RAMPROD Posted at 12-15 08:19
I successfully activated and updated using Type C to Micro usb adapter that came with Mavic Air - however using the 2 adapters  wont suffice long term to use the phone a galaxy S5 and the OSMO as the 2 adapters together dont allow a good stong stable connect - SO DJI - heads up please furnish us andriod users with better connect solution - such as... a bracket that will fit any phone and attach to the OSMO and keep the phone and OSMO nice and secure connected!

I am glad to hear this worked.  I have the same adapter.  I almost replaced my phone since the deals are ok.  However I'm glad I didn't and decided to risk the same thing for when mine arrives tomorrow.  Cheers for the thumbs up.
2018-12-15
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Australia

I can say it works using my usbc to micro usb adaptor that came with my Mavic Air.  Not sure if a generic one will work, but this one did to my Samsung Galaxy 7.  It is not a good setup and will be getting the wireless adaptor as soon as it comes out.  
2018-12-17
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

the dji mavic 2 pro comes with a micro-usb to usb-c adapter that works great. tested on samsung galaxy s7
2018-12-17
Use props
Dan Fury
lvl.1
  • >>>
Thailand

Just came here to confirm as well that it is possible to activate and use the Mimo App with the Micro USB Adapter from the Mavic Air. What is great about that solution is that it works for micro usb and reverse micro usb, since you can just flip it.
2018-12-17
Use props
spiderbot
lvl.4
United States

DJI knows that micro USB is going to be on most every phone anyone has.  Why didn't they put this info in a disclaimer?  Instead, they show videos where generic phones are easily connected, obfuscating the fact.

Goodbye DJI.

2018-12-17
Use props
error
New

Hong Kong

Successfully connect the OSMO Pocket to a Samsung S7 (micro usb) using a usb-c to usb micro cable.  
Initialised the camera using an iphone before hand.

2018-12-19
Use props
Beemysch
lvl.1
Germany

Activation successfull on a Honor 8!
2018-12-19
Use props
error
New

Hong Kong

It looks like micro usb works so why does DJI not support this. I don't mind using a cable but a micro-usb connector (same as the ones supplied) would be nice.
2018-12-19
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Australia

error Posted at 12-19 20:15
It looks like micro usb works so why does DJI not support this. I don't mind using a cable but a micro-usb connector (same as the ones supplied) would be nice.

Using the USB-C to micro usb connector really sucks.  It's completely unstable to hold and fidget with the software.  At least I activated it.  But am stuck with just the dumbed down camera controls on the device itself.  I am hoping the holder bracket from Pgytech resolves this.   And eventually the wireless adaptor.  
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_U3RmDafOa7pl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20098 ft
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-29 08:30
Hello and good day NB_iTech. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods, it can only be activated via the Lightning or USB-C. As of the moment we do not have the update regarding the release of the DJI Mimo in the Playstore. For the latest news and updates please visit our official DJI website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

its not true.i have adapter microusb and i activated dji osmo pocket,and app on Adnroid its works ,only looks like ... this adapter ,but works good.
2018-12-21
Use props
dragon_pl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20098 ft
Poland

Mr Sepo Posted at 12-17 00:09
I can say it works using my usbc to micro usb adaptor that came with my Mavic Air.  Not sure if a generic one will work, but this one did to my Samsung Galaxy 7.  It is not a good setup and will be getting the wireless adaptor as soon as it comes out.  [view_image]

2018-12-21
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

If you're worried about the unstable connection using the included USB C adapter with an added micro USB adapter, get a USB C to USB Adapter ,connect your micro USB cable that came with your phone and attach to the BOTTOM USB C port. It's still a 2 handed operation but less prone to disconnecting. I've tried this but with a lightning cable for my iphone and it worked.
2018-12-21
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56722 ft
United States

nscalernn3 Posted at 12-3 21:10
Just goes to show how STUPID DJI are.  All of us who have galaxy s7 or other phones with Micro USB are just outdated and we should run out and buy a new phone withe USB C to use their camera.  All you need to do is spend another $1000. to use their $349 device.  Yea fat chance.  I just can't believe their stupidity.  I was considering purchase of this device and the new Mavic 2.  However after this fiasco, I don't think this company deserves any of my money.  Lord knows what the first firmware update will do to it.  They have screwed up a many Phantom P4 with their lowsy updates, and really don't care.

Is Sad but you are right...DJI do not care that much about customers and I did have the oportunityn to experience that on more than one occasion...The idea Osmo Pocket do not have do not plan and do not showing zero interest to support Micro USB is stunning ..also the fact that promise Camera mount is not available and no one knows when will be available is absolutely insulting...Only option is to rig your own.
DJI is not customer oriented company that is for sure.
2018-12-21
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

another video in which they explain it very well
2018-12-21
Use props
stewebe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518488 ft
Germany

I just successfully activated mine with a Samsung Galaxy S4 using a "mumbi" usb-c female to micro male adapter from ebay. Mimo app works well, but mechanically this is not very stable. For longer shootings with phone attached there should be some kind of support structure.
2018-12-21
Use props
M Prestridge
lvl.1

Australia

MicroUSB isn't strong enough to hold the weight of the Osmo Pocket. The connector inside the port can easily be damaged or snapped out if the connected cable or device is pulled on an angle repeatedly. The lock / friction lock will wear down and it will eventually just fall out or loose connection. Then the forum will be filled with complaints about that and how DJI are the bad guys.

Saying that, it's only USB 2.0 physical (4 pin) between camera and phone. 10MB/s transfer from Osmo Pocket SD to phone internal storage is really poor effort. Should be up to 30MB/s on USB 2.0
2018-12-24
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392359 ft
Netherlands

Works with a USB-C/Micro-USB adapter, but the construction is useless.
Totally rediculous DJI did not include a connector for Micro-USB. Most people will have a Samsung, or maybe an Apple device (which connector is included).

I think I will return my Osmo Pocket after Christmas.

Big mistake by DJI!!!
2018-12-24
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

I think that the microusb connector compatibility is perfectly functional, at least electrically speaking. My Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (I used USB C to Micro usb adapter cable) connected to the lower C usb port of the Osmo Pocket works wonderfully well with the DJI Mimo application and I have not had any problems in activating and updating the firmware. These microusb connectors are true that physically are very flimsy, hence you better use the lower connector, although this forces you to have the phone in one hand and the Osmo Pocket in the other (or in a small tripod).
Personally, the use that I will give you mainly is the recording of videos and the effective stabilization that is achieved with this little gimbal. I prefer to sacrifice some things and have it in my hand than to use the bulky gimbal that I had until now.
And I also think that with a little ingenuity a better fixation of the osmo pocket could be achieved, since a small tripping can end up breaking the weak union between Osmo Pocket and any telephone, either with connection Lighning, usb C or micro usb.
2018-12-24
Use props
maddawg69
New

United States

Hello and good day NB_iTech. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods, it can only be activated via the Lightning or USB-C. As of the moment we do not have the update regarding the release of the DJI Mimo in the Playstore. For the latest news and updates please visit our official DJI website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

I guess I'm returning the Osmo Pocket. What percentage of people have an android phone with a USB-C? Useless.
2018-12-24
Use props
fans17bfeb58
New
Canada

Well Merry F**ing Christmas.
Just opened my new osmo pocket to find I can't use it because I have the MOST COMMON NON-IPHONE ON THE MARKET. And it can't activate because it doesn't support microUSB. Very disappointed!
2018-12-25
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

fans17bfeb58 Posted at 12-25 08:29
Just opened my new osmo pocket to find I can't use it because I have the MOST COMMON NON-IPHONE ON THE MARKET. And it can't activate because it doesn't support microUSB. Very disappointed!

See here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=175429&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D549%26typeid%3D549

2018-12-25
Use props
SHRIKANT SHITRE
New
Flight distance : 200 ft
India

Elbalafre Posted at 11-29 13:00
Clarification to my previous question. Do you think a USB-C to micro USB adapter can be used to control the osmo pocket with a micro usb cell phone ? ( sorry for the few mistakes in my previous question)

Yes but im having video lag issue ....i used type c usb otg and micro usb charging cable...and upgraded my osmo pocket...its working but video is very late than actual camera motion...
2018-12-28
Use props
Keith01
New
Flight distance : 3642 ft
New Zealand

This link for a holder may help with the extra USB C to USB micro adapter

PGYTECH DJI OSMO Pocket Phone Holder and Expansion Set

Copy  and paste in search
2018-12-28
Use props
Juninhosboots
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28353 ft
United Kingdom

Hello and good day NB_iTech. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods, it can only be activated via the Lightning or USB-C. As of the moment we do not have the update regarding the release of the DJI Mimo in the Playstore. For the latest news and updates please visit our official DJI website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

It works with an adapter (from DJI Mavic 2 set) so why not just include a micro usb adapter with it. Its an absolute rip off for millions of potential customers including myself. Have spent thousands of pounds with DJI and they cant be arsed to include an adapter that would cost them a couple of dollars.
2018-12-29
Use props
Juninhosboots
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-4 04:35
Hi Elbalafre, this is possible, but we cannot ensure the compatibility of the APP when installing to the phones with Micro USB port.
Your request of the Micro USB adapter has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, thanks for your interest in Osmo Pocket.

I have many of your products. Why is this the first not to include a miro usb option. Ridiculous decision that will impact millions of potential customers. Or is the plan to make more money off us with a later release adapter.
2018-12-29
Use props
Juninhosboots
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-4 04:35
Hi Elbalafre, this is possible, but we cannot ensure the compatibility of the APP when installing to the phones with Micro USB port.
Your request of the Micro USB adapter has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, thanks for your interest in Osmo Pocket.

I have many of your products. Why is this the first not to include a miro usb option. Ridiculous decision that will impact millions of potential customers. Or is the plan to make more money off us with a later release adapter.
2018-12-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Gaz Mc Posted at 11-29 03:38
looks like anyone with  a micro usb or samsung phone has has had it, not even any mention of it in the reqs

What app should I download to control Osmo Pocket on my mobile phone?

Wait a minute ... That means Pocket is not compatible with tablets? Say iPad Air 2?
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Juninhosboots Posted at 12-29 12:05

Hi Juninhosboots, we are really sorry for the inconvenience caused, customers' request of Micro USB port has been transferred to our engineers, hope there will be some updates in the future.
2018-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SHRIKANT SHITRE Posted at 12-28 19:43
Yes but im having video lag issue ....i used type c usb otg and micro usb charging cable...and upgraded my osmo pocket...its working but video is very late than actual camera motion...

Hi SHRIKANT ...RE, sorry to hear that, with the OTG cable and the phone of Micro USB port, the compatibility cannot be fully ensured, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans17bfeb58 Posted at 12-25 08:29
Just opened my new osmo pocket to find I can't use it because I have the MOST COMMON NON-IPHONE ON THE MARKET. And it can't activate because it doesn't support microUSB. Very disappointed!

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, for this point we have stated clearly in our website, you can use the phone with lightning or Type-C port to activate it first and then try with the Wireless Module, but the APP compatibility cannot be fully ensured.
2018-12-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules