1080p @ 120fps Coming Later?
6098 38 2018-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCharlson
lvl.1
United States

Any chance for, or reason to believe that, there might be some sort of firmware update that would upgrade the Osmo Pocket to be able to shoot in 1080p at 120fps?  In the past, have they ever unlocked a feature like this on other devices at a later date with a firmware update?  
If it could do it I'd be in for one right now.  It's a big enough deal that I don't think I'll be getting it without it being able to shoot at 120...but I REALLY want one.  The size of the thing is incredible and quality looks to be good enough for my uses.  Photos from a few days ago showed the specs including the option for 1080/120, so I was ready with a fistful of cash today, but I'm more than a bit disappointed.
2018-11-29
Use props
JakeC
lvl.1
United States

According to some reviews I've looked at, the review models had 120fps, but it's only being released with 60fps.  Why the limitation, and will it be back?
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi JCharlson, 1080P, 120FPS will get back via the firmware upgrade, please don't worry.
2018-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-29 20:12
Hi JCharlson, 1080P, 120FPS will get back via the firmware upgrade, please don't worry.

Thanks Mindy!
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

No problem, appreciate your attention.
2018-11-30
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-30 01:07

Hi Mindy, what about to save original RAWs in pano mode, as you can do with Mavic drones? Yes, right now you have all nine originals JPEGs, but if you shoot panoramas, you want to have the best dynamic range you can get. And JPEG isn't the best way.
Thanks
2018-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-30 01:07

Always nice to have you around here!
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Luca Rubino Posted at 11-30 01:11
Hi Mindy, what about to save original RAWs in pano mode, as you can do with Mavic drones? Yes, right now you have all nine originals JPEGs, but if you shoot panoramas, you want to have the best dynamic range you can get. And JPEG isn't the best way.
Thanks

Hi Luca, we can select RAW in pano mode with Osmo Pocket, thanks for your attention.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 11-30 01:55
Always nice to have you around here!

It is my pleasure.
2018-11-30
Use props
fans71342853
New

United States

Hey DJI Mindy! I too want the 120 FPS SO SO BADLY!  Do you work there and can you confirm that it will be in the update??  Pretty please with sugar on top say yes
2018-11-30
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm an early reviewer for the Osmo Pocket and I have a theory, it already gets very warm when shooting for long periods of time, I suspect that this resolution has been witheld to keep temperatures down.
2018-12-1
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

sergeant Posted at 12-1 16:16
I'm an early reviewer for the Osmo Pocket and I have a theory, it already gets very warm when shooting for long periods of time, I suspect that this resolution has been witheld to keep temperatures down.

Why not just limit time? Its better then remove the feature.
2018-12-3
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-30 03:30
Hi Luca, we can select RAW in pano mode with Osmo Pocket, thanks for your attention.

Great! Thanks!
2018-12-5
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another vote for the time limit on 120fps to keep the temp down as you usually won't use that feature for a long period, I would say a few minutes should be enough for most?
2018-12-5
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

Lets hope when they ship the osmo pocket the FW with 120fps is back
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans71342853 Posted at 11-30 15:32
Hey DJI Mindy! I too want the 120 FPS SO SO BADLY!  Do you work there and can you confirm that it will be in the update??  Pretty please with sugar on top say yes

Hello there, if you have any concern of the product, please reply to one of my posts so I can get the notification and reply timely, I have replied your PM, please check, thanks.
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I should have been more precise, the picture format can be selected as JPEG or JPEG+DNG. Please keep me updated any time if you have any questions.
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 12-5 09:38
Lets hope when they ship the osmo pocket the FW with 120fps is back

Hi DanielVieira, it will come back via the firmware update, appreciate your attention and patience.
2018-12-6
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-6 00:16
Hi DanielVieira, it will come back via the firmware update, appreciate your attention and patience.

Thanks! Waiting on mine to be shipped
2018-12-6
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-5 22:17
I should have been more precise, the picture format can be selected as JPEG or JPEG+DNG. Please keep me updated any time if you have any questions.

Thanks. Jpeg+dng or just dng isn't important. The most important thing is I'm able to get the raw files. I will delete jpeg files.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Luca Rubino Posted at 12-6 01:02
Thanks. Jpeg+dng or just dng isn't important. The most important thing is I'm able to get the raw files. I will delete jpeg files.

No problem, it is available.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 12-6 00:58
Thanks! Waiting on mine to be shipped

Hope you will receive it soon.
2018-12-6
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Guys, do remember that if you want slow motion, you can always shoot at 60fps and slow it down, 120fps is indeed lovely but there are far more features of the Pocket which make it more desirable.
2018-12-9
Use props
HAYHOT
lvl.3
Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-5 22:15
Hello there, if you have any concern of the product, please reply to one of my posts so I can get the notification and reply timely, I have replied your PM, please check, thanks.

Hi DJI Mindy, I have just bought osmo pocket in DJI VietNam, my pocket have not slow motion, i am worried about this. Is there false in my pocket ? I have bought mavic pro and osmo mobile 1, i love them very much.
One more problem is that--- app dji mimo not be in app store ( I'm in Vietnam).
I wish my pocket have slow motion
Thank you for reading my words
2018-12-9
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

HAYHOT Posted at 12-9 12:50
Hi DJI Mindy, I have just bought osmo pocket in DJI VietNam, my pocket have not slow motion, i am worried about this. Is there false in my pocket ? I have bought mavic pro and osmo mobile 1, i love them very much.
One more problem is that--- app dji mimo not be in app store ( I'm in Vietnam).
I wish my pocket have slow motion

As a previous post states, to get slo-mo just shoot in 60fps and slow down in post. If/once 120fps becomes an option again, you'll have an even slower option.
2018-12-9
Use props
HAYHOT
lvl.3
Vietnam

Moni Johnson Posted at 12-9 16:39
As a previous post states, to get slo-mo just shoot in 60fps and slow down in post. If/once 120fps becomes an option again, you'll have an even slower option.

slow motion did not add to osmo pocket although 60fps. i will wait until mimo apps realease. i see several persons have the same problem with me
2018-12-9
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

This thread is now a little more famous

https://forum.dji.com/thread-174359-1-1.html
2018-12-9
Use props
JakeC
lvl.1
United States

sergeant Posted at 12-9 19:14
This thread is now a little more famous

https://forum.dji.com/thread-174359-1-1.html

Wahoo!  1st thread = mildly famous thread!

I'm glad to hear that 120fps will be coming.  I'm sure the rest of the pocket is incredible, the footage is definitely impressive, but I've been on a 120 kick for some time right now.  Nothing quite makes for those beautiful cinematic moments like a beautiful 120 slow motion.  Especially looking forward to using it for my beer blog!  Slow motion pour shots and bubbles...I'm thirsty just writing about it.
2018-12-9
Use props
fans570c9675
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135082 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-6 00:16

Jajajaja Dji promises lot of thing that then never do real jajajajaj in dji one thing is a rule buy a thing with have all you want since the first day don't expect upgrades in future. I can put lot of samples ios lb1 app osmo motion timelapse etc dji mimo is no official launched. osmo pocket sad product imcompleted for Christmas
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans570c9675 Posted at 12-9 22:37
Jajajaja Dji promises lot of thing that then never do real jajajajaj in dji one thing is a rule buy a thing with have all you want since the first day don't expect upgrades in future. I can put lot of samples ios lb1 app osmo motion timelapse etc dji mimo is no official launched. osmo pocket sad product imcompleted for Christmas

Hello there, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, more and more features will be added via the firmware upgrade. Osmo doesn't support Motion Timelapse because of the hardware limitation. Slow Motion will be available in the new firmware when the Osm Pocket begins to ship, DJI MIMO will be available soon with the shipment of Osmo Pocket on DJI Store (store.dji.com). Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HAYHOT Posted at 12-9 18:25
slow motion did not add to osmo pocket although 60fps. i will wait until mimo apps realease. i see several persons have the same problem with me

Hi HAYHOT, Osmo Pocket hasn't started shipping officially, Slow Motion will be available in the new firmware when the Osmo Pocket begins to ship, DJI MIMO will be available soon with the shipment of Osmo Pocket on DJI Store (store.dji.com). Sorry for the inconvenience caused and please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
HAYHOT
lvl.3
Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-10 00:27
Hi HAYHOT, Osmo Pocket hasn't started shipping officially, Slow Motion will be available in the new firmware when the Osm Pocket begins to ship, DJI MIMO will be available soon with the shipment of Osmo Pocket on DJI Store (store.dji.com). Sorry for the inconvenience caused and please wait patiently, thank you.

I am very excited of osmo pocket. i think it will be great thing for holidays. Especcially, My football team of nation Vietnam will play the final AFF Cup, my osmo pocket is the best thing to record cheerful movement,
Thank you for your reply
2018-12-10
Use props
Troc Loc
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-10 00:27
Hi HAYHOT, Osmo Pocket hasn't started shipping officially, Slow Motion will be available in the new firmware when the Osmo Pocket begins to ship, DJI MIMO will be available soon with the shipment of Osmo Pocket on DJI Store (store.dji.com). Sorry for the inconvenience caused and please wait patiently, thank you.

Hello Mindy
The Story mode and D-Cinelike video will be available soon in a future app update <= This feature will be launch later, not 15 of Dec, am I right? Really love this feature (actually it make our videos more pro but lazier, )
2018-12-10
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

New update for the DJI Mimo was just released. Includes possibility for FullHD@120FPS
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HAYHOT Posted at 12-10 02:27
I am very excited of osmo pocket. i think it will be great thing for holidays. Especcially, My football team of nation Vietnam will play the final AFF Cup, my osmo pocket is the best thing to record cheerful movement,
Thank you for your reply

Thanks for your support to DJI, Osmo Pocket has started shipping and the DJI Mimo has also been released, please let us know if you have further concern.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Troc Loc Posted at 12-10 18:43
Hello Mindy
The Story mode and D-Cinelike video will be available soon in a future app update

Hi Troc Loc, DJI Mimo has been released, Stroy mode and C-Cinelight will be available in the future APP update, not this time, thanks for your patience and attention.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-11 06:59
New update for the DJI Mimo was just released. Includes possibility for FullHD@120FPS

Hi, skyhighmedia, thanks for sharing, cheers.
2018-12-12
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-11 06:59

Yup! Quite exciting, but the footage isn't so great unless the lighting is great (opinion). But, I am not complaining. Still an awesome piece of gear.
2018-12-12
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Moni Johnson Posted at 12-12 08:06
Yup! Quite exciting, but the footage isn't so great unless the lighting is great (opinion). But, I am not complaining. Still an awesome piece of gear.

Yes, that is often the case with higher frame rates. My phone for example is capable to shoot 960fps, but I think I'd have to live on the sun to have enough lighting...
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules