1392 8 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bikutoru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988 ft
Spain

Hi,

I'm new with Mavic, but many years with planes, helis and multi.
Today i had mi first crash.
Flying INDOORS. No phone connected.
Lifted 50cm. after some secconds hoovering, tried to land, and the Mavic flew left-backwards and hit a chair.
No damage, but i'm wondering what happened.

Can i send the LOG files to DJI to analize?
Can i analize myself?
In any case, how do i proceed?
Tried to download the BLACKBOX data with DJI assistant 2 v1.2.4, but i get an error with the MAVIC download and SUCCEED with the remote controller download.

Thanks

2018-11-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

it must have been in opti mode or attitude mode because when flying indoors it will be hard for the drone to attain proper gps lock
2018-11-30
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

if you like upload your flightlog ; http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and post the link her. So members at this forum can have a look and mayby tell you what happend.

cheers
JJB
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Bikutoru, we're sorry to read the accident. In ATTI mode, the drone will not hove or brake immediately which requires high flying skills. For your situation, you may check whether there is any error message in App and does the drone work well in the open field. If the unit needs to be serviced, please kindly start a case and send the unit in for analysis: https://www.dji.com/support
If the unit is under warranty period and the flight data in the aircraft has not been overwritten, the team will arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.
2018-11-30
Use props
Bikutoru
lvl.2
Spain

Suren Posted at 11-30 02:13
it must have been in opti mode or attitude mode because when flying indoors it will be hard for the drone to attain proper gps lock

Yes it was in atti mode. No GPS inside
2018-11-30
Use props
Bikutoru
lvl.2
Spain

JJBspark Posted at 11-30 02:43
Hi,

if you like upload your flightlog ; http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Hi,

i think i can't do that. My phone wasn't connected for this flight

The only logs i have are from Mavic or Controller.

Thanks
2018-11-30
Use props
Bikutoru
lvl.2
Spain

MMMM.....

i'm reading and thinking about the accident, and i think it was my fault.
For starting the motors, i use the sticks in "V" shape (throttle down-right and aileron left-down)
I think that i did that movment unconsciously for landing, since i've been flying Zerouav controllers for years, and i use the "V" for shutdown the motors.

MY BAD!

2018-11-30
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bikutoru Posted at 11-30 04:20
MMMM.....

i'm reading and thinking about the accident, and i think it was my fault.

Ok, if i had read your post better i should have know that ; no phone....

Well, at least you know what happend. Hope there is not much damage done....to the chair  

The CSC does not work on a MA and Spark. If it works on a Mavic Pro i would think it closes down instead of flying left-backwards...(or CSC does not work on your type)

cheers
JJB
2018-11-30
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

When flying indoors the Mavic Pro can really struggle if there is not sufficient lightning. It relies on its VPS sensors to keep its position in OPTI mode. And if the room was dark, it would explain why your drone drifted.
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules